Jason Natural Cosmetics Jason gentle basics facial clenser

No Image

4.3

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Water), Decyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil (1), Biosaccharide gum-1, Citric Acid, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl caprylate, Glyceryl Oleate, Sodium anisate, Sodium levulinate, Stearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate

on 10/8/2017 8:35:00 AM

I found this on sale at Harris Teeter for $6.99. It's great! It's simple, cleans well with very few ingredients, isn't irritating or drying, and doesn't leave a residue. I've used the First Aid Beauty Cleanser for a long time. This feels similar and is much less expensive. It's unscented but It does have a bit of a smell -- and the smell is, I agree, reminiscent of paint! But it's not overwhelming, or a deal breaker. I can't handle fragrance or essential oils, and most "natural" products are loaded with them, so I'm happy to find this. My face feels extra smooth and nice since I've been using it. "Gentle Basics" is the perfect name for this line.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Ran out of Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleaser so I bought this instead. Cleanser is an opaque white liquid that is thin enough that it will run off your tilted hand. It comes in a plastic pump bottle and does not foam or lather. I use makeup remover so I can't attest to its ability to remove makeup. I did feel like it cleansed by skin and washed away without leaving noticeable reside or leaving my skin stripped/tight. I have oily skin but also use dring acne medication so I can't say how moisturizing it is. However, it did not make any flaky areas any worse. My biggest complaint is the smell. It doesn't smell purposely scented but it smells like paint to me.

on 2/4/2017 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other

Was using the Body Shop Aloe Vera creamy cleanser but the only BS was a trek to get to. I found this at Target;16 oz bottle for under $10.00. A great find!

Found it to be just as effective. Not drying, cleaned my skin well, no animal testing.

But now I cannot find it at Target and it seems to not be carried in stores anymore. Might be able to order through Amazon but that is a pain.

on 9/14/2016 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was so sad this cleanser didnt work for me
I have acne prone sensitive skin and this product did not cause my skin to burn, sting, turn red etc
Thats a miracle!
BUT something my skin didnt like as I tried it on 2 sep occasions and broke out both times

on 7/13/2016 11:57:00 PM

I started using trentoin and my skin was rejecting my regular cleansers. My skin was red irritated, so I went on a hunt for a super gentle cleanser. I picked up bottle of Cetaphil while I was in the store. I never had much luck with Cetaphil in the past. Yes Cetaphil is gentle but it didn't get my skin clean. Then I saw a bottle of Jason's gentle cleanser. The bottle offered more product for the same price as Cetaphil. It had borage oil, which I knew was good for skin irritation. I decided to try it and my skin was happy again. It left my skin free of oil and makeup without irritation or any dryness. My skin was soft and clean and ready to continue with tretinoin. I still had to use a makeup remover then cleanse but I was suprised at how well it removed the rest of my makeup including my eye makeup. I forgot to mention you can use it around your eyes without irritation. I rarely write reviews but I'm writing this one because I'm afraid they will discontinue the product. So please try it.

Love this brand, but completely surprised this cleanser is the best one I've ever used. First of all, it DOESNT foam up, it isnt scented with a fragrance/perfume, smells a little strong, but clean. Not only did this not irritate or break out my SUPER. sensitive skin, it also didnt dry it out for once! Cleans makeup and everything just fine. My skin is finally happy and clean and moisturized. Every other cleanser inferior. I picked this up at Target for around $8 for a huge container. Hope they never stop making this xo