Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Moonchild

4.3

Yaaaaas this is so good!! I am not that daring when it comes to highlighters so this was quite the plunge for me but I am happy! Each color gives a very beautiful highlight that doesn't emphasize pores or imperfections in the skin (I find a lot of highlighters do this, particularly if they are not finely milled enough or have large of glitter chunks). Excitingly, each color has a unique color that comes out when light touches it at certain angles. Pink Heart and Lucky Clover in particular have very unique pink and green tones, respectively. I loooove Lucky Clover as a brow highlight, it's so unique and fun but not too OTT. The only one I don't care for is Purple Horseshoe, which looks grey on me because I have a pretty yellow/warm skintone. Quality is great, just kinda makes me look sickly if I use as a cheek highlight.

In particular, I'll also mention that I also purchased Aurora but ultimately ended up returning: it had lovely colors too that were unique from Moonchild but I could not stand the glitter chunks!! They fell all over my face which is a huge pet peeve. This is why Moonchild is so special--it gives an exciting unique highlight but stupid glitter bomb.

The only thing that irks me is that at $40 I expect the packaging to be better. There is no mirror and the whole palette feels very light, unlike some other ABH palettes I've owned. But what's inside the pans is absolutely divine!

Before I start: A friend of mine was lucky enough to get this kit. I found a dupe in the drugstore section and it's almost exactly the same (except for the packaging, plus the texture feels a little bit more powdery). The colors are beautiful, and make you feel like a fairy/mermaid. They last a good day but I prefer my dupe since it's really cheap (under 4€) and almost the same.

I finally got my hands on this palette after lusting, literally lusting, after this for a few years. My sister bought it for me as a gift, because I am just not in a place financially to drop $40 on 1 product. I'm so beyond thrilled with it though!! Saying that this kit is lovely just doesn't do it justice. I was a little afraid that these shades would be too pigmented to wear as highlighters, because of a handful of reviews I've read, but they are just pigmented enough. They are buttery soft powders that blend out or pack on beautifully. No fallout, and they are not glittery. I'm almost 33, well beyond the acceptable age to get away with wearing glitter. Instead, they have the most beautiful finely milled duo-chromatic shimmer. I'm in love, total love! I love every shade in this palette, even the Pink Heart and Lucky Clover, which I didn't think would suit me. The blues and purple shades are definitely my favorite, they complement my coloring so perfectly. I will shell out the cash to repurchase when I use up this palette!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Wow, okay, okay, okay.
I saved for some months in order to buy this, as 40 euros for a make up item / palette is something that I usually wouldn't afford - and don't want to! So, I saved like 5 euros a week so I didn't have the impression of spending a ton. BUT ANYWAY. Little I knew I was going to own something so unique I find myself staring at it sometimes without even using it!
So, the colours are simply amazing. They're so wild it's almost embarassing, but I honestly don't care and love to shine in weird colours even on normal daytime!
"Purple horseshoe" and "blue moon" are insane. Literally insane. I never do eyeshadow but this is the time I should learn because these colours aren't usable otherwise (unless you're called Jeffree Star.
On a daily basis, I'm not afraid to use "Lucky Clover". It doesn't only highlight in a very elegant way, but its green shade mitigates my red cheekbones - not a cute blushing red, more like a "I rubbed my face so hard because I slept like 4 hours" red. So, double function, at least kind of. And yes you're painted in green, clearly not neon green but if you wear two layers, the shade is definitely noticeable.
"Star" is nuts. I mean, nuts. I dared to highlight with it and wasn't ashamed under any circumstances. Instant space-age-y mood, but still elegant. And yes, you're walking in the sunlight painted in grey. #yolo
"Blue ice" is meh-ish, a white shade that's very workable but honestly, it's kind of boring among such crazy colours.
"Pink Heart" is the only shade that disappointed me as it doesn't show up on me. I layered and layered, but for some reason it fails to deliver and doesn't shine more than, let's say, a Milani's Luminoso blush. Boo.

On a more material-wise analysis, the packaging is gorgeous, the pans big and easy to use, almost no fall-out and the powder itself is very very easy to pick up. A gentle pat in the pan and you're good (unless you want to do something shocking, why not). This will last at least 2-3 ages to me.

I don't know how to explain the feeling of wearing these crazy, totally-not-subtle colors: they're very attractive and kind of sexy, but the shade is totally unexpected and generates a "wow" moment in other people's eyes. Nobody ever called it weird, just "wow". And I love it.

The only things I didn't like is:
1) this is made in China. Come on, seriously? I'm not against Chinese products at all since like the 80% of the new stuff we buy it's made there, like our smartphones and computers and many other things. But 40 euros for a China-made product? Nope. Too much. The quality might be amazing but STILL, a marvellous brand like Wet'n'wild is made there and it's sold cheap. Honestly, the correct price for this wouldn't have to be more than 25 euros.
2) after some hours, some shades (like "Star") doesn't fade gracefully at all. Earlier today I had to do stuff downtown, so I walked around for 5 hours, when I watched myself in a shop mirror and many tiny glitters were spread around my face! Hell no! Not cute at all. I didn't feel confortable and wore shades even at sunset.

Overall, it's something that might intimidate many, but it's so gorgeous it's breathtaking. I'm sure that many will adore this as an eyeshadow palette!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This palette was gifted to me by my girlfriend at Christmas and I've used it ever since. Only recently I picked up the Nicole Guerra glow kit and I've been using that one as the weather changes but the Moonchild glow kit has gotten so much use. The colours are so versatile and I've used every single one at least once. My skin is super fair and cool toned, so I feel like this palette was made just for me. When I got it, I was honestly afraid of the blue and purple colours but I've actually grown to love them the most out of all the shades. If you have colder toned skin or you're really fair, this is seriously the palette for you.

This product is so beautiful and has so many uses. I use this at least two or three times a week. Sometimes I use it as eyeshadow, sometimes as a top layer over Eyeshadow, sometimes just in the corner of my eyes, and sometimes as a highlighter. This is a product that I absolutely love. My more detailed review video is below.

I bought this knowing it was not something I would use everyday. I got it during ABH's black Friday sale, I think glow kits were 30% off or something. Regular price is $40 which isn't horrible, pans are good size, you get 6 colors and it's good quality so you're not using a ton of product when you use it unless you want a really built up, intense look. I bought this knowing I would use it for highlighter when I wanted something different and to use on the eyes. Also, I am obsessed with holographic and the moon and the name 'moonchild' just spoke to me so much haha. If I had to pick my favorite color, I think it would be lucky clover or the blues. Although the blues are different (blue ice is more white/icy and blue moon is more of a pastel blue, I kind of wish there was a different shade. Or even something different than star because it's just silver. I like it, but Idk feel like there could have been a different color since silver highlight isn't that different. not complaining, tho!!) I like shimmery/glowy highlights so I think pink heart is my least favorite. I feel like it's more of a pink/violet duo chrome highlight which is cool but not my favorite thing. I also have MUR strobe balm in euphoria which is kind of similar and I never use that one either. I may try it on the eyes or something, i've never used it, just seen it in pictures/tutorials. I will admit I've used this more as eye shadow or inner corner highlights than actual highlighting on the face but have used it on the face a few times and liked it. I usually tan so I'm not super pale but think this still looks fine on my skin as long as I don't overdo it. But honestly, if you want to wear it and you like it then you should. I did a cool purple/blue eye with this and then used the blue for highlight for a night out and liked it. I also used lucky clover pressed in the center as a halo eye with a pale mint green shadow on the lids for st. patty's day and really liked it. I made it subtle but I like that you can really build the colors up if you chose to. They definitely have some shimmer to them but not chunky glitter. I want to experiment with this more as highlight shades and I can see myself using it more in summer when "festival makeup" is trendy. Overall I really like this, it's very unique and i'm glad I have it. I say if you want it, get it! Makeup should be fun and experimental and this pushes me to do that. I said no on repurchase only because i'm not sure i'll ever use every pan up since again, I don't use this everyday. Also, I know a lot of people compared this to KVD alchemist palette and I honestly think they are different and actually want the KVD one to play with. Those seem more like transformer pigments.

I love this glow kit! I use the shades as eye shadows sometimes as well. Gorgeous colors, great staying power.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love how this palette comes with six unique shades all with every unique names. This product compliments every skin tone and every look you achieve. When I used this product it just took one swatch to get a full nice layer of the highlight. Also, all colors are every pigmented and leave a every nice glow. Some of the colors have a glitter in it, which most people don't like but in my opinion it adds the "wOAH" in the look. The one thing that might be the downfall, is the price but other than that I would definitely buy again.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i, like many other reviewers, love this palette. i've wanted it since i first saw swatches on instagram in 2016 and being that i live overseas, i hadn't been able to get my hands on it until making a trip home and receiving it as a christmas gift. this palette did not disappoint!

some of the shades have glitter in them, yes. i'm not the biggest fan of the glitter to be honest, but it's fine enough that it's tolerable in my opinion. to get more into the colors themselves, pink heart has almost a violet-fuschia flash to it which surprised me - i thought for sure that would be my favorite shade to wear for everyday - but it's a little too intense and warm for my complexion. i much prefer the cooler blues and silvers in here. even lucky clover. i thought LC would definitely be the highlighter i'd get the least use out of, and yet somehow, on my cool yellow complexion, it works so well. my favorite though would have to be blue ice. all of these colors are very buildable, and blue ice is no exception, which makes it very possible to wear this with everyday makeup if you really want to. no glitter, just a soft blue reflect that catches your eye in the mirror throughout the day. it just makes it look like the light in the world bends differently around your face and doesn't play by the same rules as it does on everyone else's. such a cool effect.

overall this is a really fun palette and i was so happy to see something so cool get released with fairer complexions in mind. i know, there's no rules in makeup, and everyone should just wear what makes them happy. but given the current market's saturation with coppery bronzey rose gold-y highlighters everywhere, it was really nice to see something that was light and airy and cool-toned and (most importantly) really fun. the only thing i truly dislike about this palette is the packaging. it's pretty, but cardboard? for $40? really? and i dislike the lack of a mirror. i have some eyeshadow palettes from makeup revolution made out of plastic with mirrors that take up half of the palettes' interiors, and they were less than $15 apiece. i don't much appreciate that, ABH, but i do like these highlighters, and given that there's not anything exactly like them on the market today, i don't think the price is entirely unwarranted.

good fun palette, not for everyone so if you're on the fence i would say don't buy it! but if you've been pining after it for a while, give it a try. it may surprise you~