Arbonne Abc sunblock- new version 2015

No Image

3.0

Not tested on animals

on 8/7/2016 1:37:00 PM

These days there are a lot of concerned individuals, especially new parents, looking for a "natural" way to protect their kids from the sun. The problem is the brands that claim to be better than the regular stuff you can buy at the drug store generally are just very similar products hiding behind fancy packaging. Don't be fooled. Compare ingredients and you'll see that this sunscreen basically contains all of the stuff any regular sunscreen does, it just has plant extracts and stuff thrown in and and it states on the tube that it's vegan and gluten free, so it just sounds more natural.

That said, there is nothing wrong with any run of the mill broad spectrum sunscreen. We all need to understand that natural is not always better.

Now let me get down from this soapbox and give a proper review of this product. Putting everything aside and looking at it as I would any other sunscreen... I still don't like it. It's thick and hard to rub in. It leaves a white cast on skin. It doesn't absorb well and it gathers in skin creases like the insides of elbows and backs of knees. Not to mention it's foolishly expensive.

I should note that I did not buy this stuff. I received it as a gift. I also didn't use it on my kids because I read reviews stating some kids experienced burns while using this. I decided to test it on myself, and although I haven't burned, I decided not to use it on my kids because it's too hard to work with. You might want to see if you can test this out somehow before deciding to purchase.

The prices of these products are really rediculous . Maybe the company should stop giving out Mercedes Benz . Anyhow it's 40.00 plus shipping plus tax, so your paying about 60.00 If you haven't signed up for arbonne. It does have quite a bit of a white cast bc it's mineral based. The problem here is if you rub mineral sunblocks in vigorously you will break down. When I use other natural brands like derma e, they don't do this. Arbonne has 2 versions, the kids one which is this one and they have a so called adult formulation which is 20.00 more. Rip off. I opted for the kids one bc of the price. They should both do the same thing. Overall the product does as it's supposed to and is nano particle free ( very important) I don't recommend this unless you want to spend this amount of money on sunblock. The white cast on kids is not a big deal.