L'Oreal Root Cover Up Temporary Grey Concealer Spray

3.9

1162048 D HYDROFLUOROCARBON 152A, BUTANE, ETHYL TRISILOXANE, ISOBUTANE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CALCIUM CARBONATE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE F.I.L.

Amazing! Easy to use. No other words can explain how happy I am with this product - Bravo, L’Oreal!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I use this in dark blonde and it's a good match for my hair color although a shade lighter would be great. The light blonde has no color. It's soo convenient when my roots start showing. I use it in my part and around my hairline when my hair is wet before blow drying for the most natural look. But I have used it on dry hair too. Make sure you cover your face if you already have your makeup on. The product has a good color range and if you can find a match you'll love it.

I have dark hair and I find this product very helpful to cover my gray roots in between my visits to the colourist. I bought my can about six months ago and it stil is half full so good value. Covers grey well. Do have to be careful about transferring the product on to your hands and face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is possibly one of the worst products I have ever used. I am naturally blonde and my hair is highlighted every few months.

I purchased this to make the weeks in between coloring stretch a little since I am a grad student on a budget. Wow. I didn't expect miracles but this is horrible.

I purchased the dark blonde shade and it turned my roots dark brown. Like I'm talking crazy town, looked like I had a horrible dye job with too harsh of a contrast. The worst part is I'm pretty sure this stained a portion of my roots since they look so much darker even after multiple washes.

I'm sure this product works great if you have dark hair but blondes I would avoid this at all costs!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I purchased this in light to medium blonde shade. According to the line chart on the back of the can, this should have been the correct color for my salon blonde hair. (My natural roots are salt and pepper gray.) At first glance, it matched good enough, coverage was so-so. Upon a later look, it appeared to have more of an orange look. I even tried it on my daughters hair, which is naturally light blonde and ZERO gray, it still looked orange. Also, when I first sprayed this on, it was sooooo cold! I even waited to try again the next day to ensure it was room temperature....it was still VERY cold. The third try, my hair was still wet and I honestly think it froze for a second!! Idk if maybe I have a "fluke" can, as I've not read this on the other reviews, but I tossed it in the trash. If a friend told me they used it, same color, and had good results, I'd test their can to see if it was the same...otherwise...I'll keep my $10 next time!

Great stuff! Helps me get a few more days out of my color!

Someone actually bought this for me, so i'm not sure how much the price was. I went to buy it again, but could NOT find it. Anyways, as a natural light brown/blonde who dyes her hair black, this stuff is really good. It can be messy and squirt places/on on your skin if you're not careful. Also, if you touch your hair, you'll get residue on your fingers and it feels kind of rough and weird. But it's a lifesaver to be able to spray your roots with this to prolong dying them for a little while. I couldn't find this at ulta or walmart when I ran out, so I bought another brand from Sally but would definitely buy this one again if I can find it. It lasts through 1 shampoo so pretty cost effective I would think. I'm cheap so I won't always use this and sometimes fill in with black eyeshadow where needed lol so I can save it longer, but will always have a bottle in my cabinet as long as I dye my hair.

Ok, I admit, I actually don't need this. I have neither grey hair nor my hair is dyed. But I use this spray to give my roots a volume boost. Everyone knows, I think, that our roots look kind of "bald" (you can't see your hair color there, only your head/skin). And I cover that part with the root spray, to make it look "fuller" and voluminous. It fits my hair color good, but the application is not sooo easy, but you can do it without any help. And it lasts till you wash your hair with shampoo. So, I give this 5 lipsticks, despite its difficult application. Good job, L'Oréal.

This product is an absolute winner! I have light brown hair that I dye black, and a decent amount of grey. After about 4-6 weeks, I have some pretty serious roots. My birthday is coming up in 2 days, and I am just not feeling dying my hair, but also want to feel pretty. I bought this today and tried it out on both dirty and freshly washed hair. The latter was definitely the better route. Sprayed it on my roots after my shower, and then blow dryed my hair. Totally pleased with the results! The product is a little sticky/stiff, and quite honestly because it is black I could probably use Halloween colored hair spray with the same results. However, it gives me the same confidence that freshly dyed hair does, without the time and work. It is definitely a great temporary solution if you are considering a hair color change like I am and don't want to put permanent dye on your roots. Totally worth checking out!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have dark brown hair with caramel highlights. L'Oreal Root Cover up works great for this patch of grey near my forehead that shows up between color appointments. Dark brown matches my hair perfectly. The spray feels cold on your head, but I like it - kind of a fun feeling. I have not had problems with this rubbing off on my clothes or hands once it drys. (I also blast it with the "hot" setting on the hair dryer after applying it. That seems to really make it last). I know a lot of people complain that the cover up leaves an "obvious spot" on their head, but I try to feather it out. Concentrate the color over the gray, then gradually move the can farther and farther back, spraying color in a wider area to feather out the covered area. Then hit it with the hair dryer. Works like a charm, and it also has no bad smell like other cover up products.

Popular Hair Color Products