COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

4.3

Snail Secretion Filtrate, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Arginine, Allantoin, Ethyl Hexanediol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Second bottle of snail now and I’m starting to really understand how it fits into a good routine. I love having a generous amount to work from, so I don’t skimp on slathering it on after my bha. If I don’t follow with an occlusive/moisturizer soon enough, it does seem to evaporate off, so I follow behind it with something to lock it in (usually Joseon Dynasty)
With getting into actives, I think having a pure snail product in my follow-up moisturizing regimen is really making a difference in my skin. I haven’t seen a patch of any kind of dry skin in months and my tone and texture have greatly improved.

on 2/5/2019 2:45:00 PM

This product has been a godsend in helping my skin recover after a bad experience using the Tria age-defying laser, I also use it as a moisturiser because my skin tends to be both dry but also prone to breakouts so regular moisturisers (even the ones for acne-prone skin) tend to break me out. A little of goes a long way too so it lasts a long time, which is good since it's kinda pricey over here in the UK.

I heard great things about this product, so I gave it a try. The night when I first applied this product it feels a bit sticky so I recommend tapping it to be absorbed quickly. The next morning, my skin feels super plump and soft! What I love about this product is that it truly hydrates my skin and doesn't break me out! I would love to try the Advanced Snail 92 All in One cream as well!

on 7/7/2016 9:18:00 PM

After hearing so much about this product, I bought samples to try first since RoseRoseShop had them in stock. I’ve been spending money on samples before purchasing full bottles so I don’t get stuck with too many unused full bottled products. I got this at the same time as the Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence, so I was able to do an almost side-by-side comparison as far as texture & immediate feeling goes.

With 96% snail secretion filtrate, it's supposed to provide super intense repair and hydration. From Amazon, "This Advanced Snail Gel Lotion is protects skin from moisture loss and keeps skin smooth, and healthy without the use of heavy oils. With Snail Secretion Filtrate, It promotes elasticity of skin and improves damaged skin. Free of paraben, ethanol, surfactant, artificial colorant, artificial fragrance, triethanolamine and phthalein."

The samples I tried added some decent hydration to my skin during the day. I was able to feel the difference in my skin during the day in the office. My skin still felt hydrated later in the day at the time when I normally feel the dryness come on. Some of the daytime moisturizers I’ve been sort of “meh” about and had left in the back of my stash are being used again.

I went ahead and purchased the full-sized version, but for some reason it doesn’t feel the same and I feel like the product overall isn’t as awesome as it was when I sampled it. I use just one pump, sometimes a pump and a half. The product glides on your skin easily, but doesn’t absorb quickly. I didn’t feel like my skin was super hydrated once it gets absorbed, but I notice the extra hydration when I start using other moisturizers that weren’t as hydrating for me before using this essence.

I’ve been using it twice daily, for over two months already and I barely made a dent. Perhaps I need to apply more, or maybe I just can’t see the results on myself. I’m a little bummed, but ready to buy the Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence. I really like the simple ingredients list of this CosRX product. Maybe once I stop using it, I will notice the changes to my skin. I’ve heard so many raves about this product, I would still recommend trying it since it’s only $15/100ml. The bottle should last a long time.