Garden of Wisdom Cucumber Hydrosol

No Image

Cucumber (Organic) Hydrosol

on 12/12/2017 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This wonderful liquid is best kept in the 'fridge. It has the texture of water, and dries exactly as water--no residue when dry. It has a lovely scent of fresh cucumbers. I'm allergic to all perfumes and am very sensitive to scents.. this is REAL cucumber--NO allergy for me! YEA!!! The dry, icy-cold winter & snow have hit, which means my allergy-laden, very-oily skin needs special attention. I spray this on my face after toning and put on my serum or moisturizer while this is still wet. It is soothing on my skin. I also will spritz it on dry, makeup free skin before putting on my face--if its a stay at home but gotta run errands later in the day. I will switch this out with the GoW Witch Hazel Hydrosol. They have the same texture/consistency. Both are equally soothing to skin. This doesn't trigger my rosacea, and I have no redness after using this, i think it helps prevent the redness that using soft water sometimes triggers. I used to think hydrosols were unnecessary--being beyond oily, esp. in humidity.. but I appreciate this product as a layer of soothing moisture that gets locked in by whatever I apply over it. It's also a soothing moment of aromatherapy. The scent dissipates fully in under 60 seconds. As I alternate this with another hydrosol, it lasts me a couple months. This is on my "Reorder List."

Page Details:
Botanical Name: Cucumis sativus
Method of extraction: steam distilled
Parts Used: fruit
Country of Origin: USA
Cultivation Method: Certified Organic

Suggested Use:

Use as a facial toner or as a body spray
Mist all over the body after a day in the sun for a soothing and cooling experience

on 7/6/2016 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Time to review. I've been using this hydrosol for over a week now and I quite like it. Love everything about it, in fact! I even have a backup bottle of this hydrosol on the door of my refrigerator which is saying alot. Definitely would repurchase.

It's a must for those of us who love the cucumber scent. Light, refreshing.....I use it primarily in my water-lipid routine (hydrosol spritzes + several drops of oil) but it's lovely any time of the day. It seems to be very healing and calming.

Love that it's made here in the US (Maine) with organic cucumbers. Not the cheapest hydrosol from GoW but it compares equally to Evan Healy's price point. I'm used to spending $24 on 4 oz. and would happily continue to do so.

GoW sells a 1 oz. bottle which is a nice way to sample.

Popular Face Skincare Products