COOLA Bare republic spf 50 sport

No Image

4.7

on 7/23/2017 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought two tubes of this sunblock for a recent trip to Hawaii. I was looking for eco friendly ingredients, "reef safe" sunscreen that would protect my pale self from sunburn. It is a creamy borderline runny consistency and leaves a faint white sheen on the skin. It did protect me for a few hours. But the one day we were at the beach during high afternoon sun and I did get burned. Not as much as if I wouldn't have had any sunblock on and I did not blister, which usually happens to me when I burn. It is expensive but I like the ingredients. I'm trying to stay away from the avobemzone and other Benzones and the other chemicals that are in mainstream sunscreens. I would purchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this sunscreen for my body after buying (the amazing!) Bare Republic face sunscreen- neither broke me out at all! I feel that this sunscreen is a little creamier and thick than the facial one, but blends in my skin nicely and doesn't clog my pores. This one also seems to offer more protection because of how thick it is. At first, it will look white, but after a few minutes it absorbs into the skin. I have fair skin and freckles and I rarely get burned with this sunscreen on (unless I don't reapply after sweating or swimming). Nice coconut scent, and good pure ingredients.

on 7/5/2016 11:03:00 PM

I wanted to return this sunscreen after applying it for the first time. I couldn't afford to have one more "white mask" sunscreen, 3.4 oz and which i use mostly on my face and neck.
But after waiting for a couple of minutes i looked into mirrow and didn't see any white
cast anymore... at all. I apllyed two layers, 1/3 of the spoon as recommend and no white face! After cerave inVisible zink ss it looked like a miracle.
It suitable to use under foundation too. It doesn't ball up or rubs off.
And, i believe i am using the body version.The face one is spf 30 which i haven't tried yet.
This is a keeper for sure!