COVERGIRL Katy Kat Eye

Katy Kat EyeKaty Kat EyeKaty Kat EyeKaty Kat Eye

2.1

on 6/14/2018 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off, I’m giving this an okay rating in large part because I got this on clearance for under three bucks. Summer is near and a blue mascara can be fun. For the price I paid it’s good. Is it worth $8 or $10. Not quite.

The blue is not super bright and not one that leans purple. The brush is odd, kind of ridged in spots and bare in others. I wasn’t sure what to make of it, but I like it better than the Peacock Flare wand, which does not work at all for me.

This mascara really builds up. A couple swipes, and it looks natural. A couple more, and it's more impactful. A couple more and it easily turns clumpy and I can play with the brush as I apply and get that thick-lash look, where, for example, you can coat your lashes so twenty lashes end up looking like 8 or 10 thicker lashes. That's the best way I can think to describe it, as it can easily be made to kind of clump and gather for a spidery look.

The blue wears pretty well, too without any major crumbling, even over another mascara. Though it can crumble a bit when I wear a lot. It washes off pretty easily, too. I lather or rub on some cleanser (oil-free or oil-based, it doesn't matter), let it sit a moment and then splash it off. In a few passes it's gone.

It’s not my fave mascara ever, but in an odd way I kind of like it.

For full price it'd probably give it three stars, but for two dollars and change, it’s a fun impulse buy, so I'll give it four.

on 6/6/2018 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this mascara! I'm surprised of the low rating. I like a very dark, dramatic, full, voluminous look to my eyelashes (some would say borderline clumpy, but I like to think of it as "elegantly clumpy" haha) I got it in the non-waterproof version "Very Black". The spooly end is kind of a twisted shape with each "ribbon" flat and holding more product, and the bristle part being like a standard mascara brush texture.

The one con is I believe this has fibers in it, so since I wear eyeglasses every day, the fibers fall out sporatically throughout the day into my eyes and make them itch lol. That why I gave it 4 star instead of 5.

Overall, I don't believe it deserves such a low rating on here, because it's actually pretty good! :)

I bought this in black waterproof thinking it was the blue 1 (bad packaging is what I blame! It had a blue tear drop on it, thought it was blue WP). The black is so unremarkable the dollar tree sells better mascars for ten X as less ($1 vs. $9.99!!) so I didn’t return it I just went to try it a few days ago & it’s just boring, nothing special. I’m spoilt because my HG is Tom Ford extreme waterproof Noir 01. It’s $45 for a tube. I finally got my hands on blue. I expected the same katy brush (ugh..). Inside the product is the prettiest blue color but it doesn’t show up at all on my lashes! I’m so bummed out. Wetnwild’s Halloween mascaras were much better & 1/3 the price. I’m a huge American idol fan so that’s why I wanted to try this. “...BUT ITS A NO FOR ME...” sorry. I’m sorry my parents spent $20 on these 2 spitty mascaras. Get LA Colors instead! Dollar Tree $1!! Eep! This also gave me faint blue panda eyes under my eyes so it looked like I had dark circles worse because it’s blue. Don’t fool with this. I think Katy would feel disgraced if she tried this mascara & not want her name on it. The lipglosses are better products but the eyeshadow palette is terrible. The creme eyeshadows are okay but elf has already done them for $3 (I paid $6 for 1 & $4 for the Other respectively from Ebay). I’ll stick to the dollar stores if I am going to buy cheap quality makeup at least I’ll pay cheap quality prices (& most of it is pretty #### good). If you are used to luxury makeup you will want to really pass on this mascara because you will really feel really, really bad for paying $10 for this. A disgrace to drugstore makeup. The brush is so strange it doesn’t catch the lashes & the formula is all dried and clumpy. It wouldn’t be so bad if the blue showed up which it doesn’t. It make my lashes dark grey matte no joke. Grade: F+

on 11/12/2017 11:03:00 AM

This has to be THE WORST mascara I have ever tried. You will not get Katy Perry's voluminous and separated eyelashes using this disaster of a mascara. I guess I was a sucker when I saw the ad in the drugstore and I thought I could get cat's eyes! The brush was extremely awkward to work with, and the mascara did not go onto the eyelashes evenly. The formula itself is an awful texture and left massive, planet-sized clumps that stuck my top eyelashes together. I had to try and pull a separate eyelash comb through this mess which was now sticky. Just to get the mascara on and look decent enough to go out in public was very time-consuming.

The end result was very underwhelming. I have naturally long eyelashes to begin with and even then I did not achieve the advertised cat eye look with lashes the swept up and out. Throughout the day the mascara started flaking and my eyes itched like crazy. This mascara is headed for the garbage can.

on 9/6/2017 5:01:00 PM

I am actually quite surprise at some of these reviews saying how horrible this mascara is and that it's super clumpy. TBH, I have pretty thick eyelashes and I find if you work quickly and turn the wand while doing so, it goes on so beautifully and makes my eyelashes look amazing! If you do keep working it, it does get clumpy, but I think this is a mascara made for just one coat. For a Mum with 2 young kids and working full time, this mascara is perfect as 1 coat is enough so nice and quick for the mornings!

on 8/6/2017 11:29:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I bought this mascara in black.It is very clumpy and to thick.I am 58 u need something better for us older ladies.what a rip off.I only out 9 but still

on 7/21/2017 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Clumpy mess! I would give it a zero if this were allowed. I am surprised Katy Perry is behind this disaster.

on 6/5/2017 5:43:00 PM

Man, I hate this product!! The brush is the worst mascara brush I've ever used. It forces your lashes to clump together rather than separating & getting even coverage. You're out of luck if you'd like to apply a second coat; your lashes will be too clumpy from the first coat to apply more without looking crazy. I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 because the mascara at least stayed put and didn't flake off throughout the day.

For reference, my lashes are naturally long & curled. CG LashBlast in the orange tube in Very Black is my HG mascara. I normally love CG mascara, but this one is a fail.

on 5/8/2017 8:58:00 PM

Just dreadful. I bought this at a Walmart, and all it does is clump up on the brush. Like a glob of tar. Does nothing for lashes. I need to stop buying all Cover Girl products, as they often make my eyes sting. Anyhoo, I will NOT be buying this one again. Appears to have been drying up, before I ever opened it. To add insult to injury, it cost about seven bucks, which is highway robbery for a product this bad.

on 5/4/2017 3:11:00 PM

it is an average mascara, IMO, average. Its not horrible to me - and I've used all the high end brands as well. Its just... well... nothing special. I love the packaging and white tube with simple writing. I have the waterproof and regular black. I have to swipe the product off the brush completely about every 2-3 uses or it just gets too full of product it fills up all the bristles.
I would like to try the blue one just because its cheap enough to try and not worry about spending a fortune on something that looks ridiculous.