Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Cushion

3.7

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, ALCOHOL DENAT., ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS FRUIT WATER / ORANGE FRUIT WATER, MENTHA PIPERITA EXTRACT / PEPPERMINT EXTRACT, RNA, ZEA MAYS KERNEL EXTRACT / CORN KERNEL EXTRACT, ROSA CENTIFOLIA EXTRACT / ROSA CENTIFOLIA FLOWER EXTRACT, SORBITOL, SACCHARUM OFFICINARUM EXTRACT / SUGAR CANE EXTRACT, VACCINIUM MYRTILLUS FRUIT EXTRACT, TALC, ARGININE, PYRIDOXINE HCl, ALUMINA, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PHENYLALANINE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, MANNITOL, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, NYLON-12, TYROSINE, DISODIUM ADENOSINE TRIPHOSPHATE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ACER SACCHARUM EXTRACT / SUGAR MAPLE EXTRACT, CITRUS LIMON FRUIT EXTRACT / LEMON FRUIT EXTRACT, MALTITOL, GENTIANA LUTEA ROOT EXTRACT, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, HISTIDINE HCL, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, BHT, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, SORBIC ACID, PHENOXYETHANOL, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, LINALOOL, EUGENOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE

Yes, yes, yes. I gave this a try even though I was let down by their blanc expert cushion foundation. I was initially reluctant to try this one out, but I have found myself shifting towards cushion foundation. This is the cushion version of teint idol foundation. This will be the second foundation from Lancome that I have ever tried.

The product is sold as one (rather than individually). It has 9 shades which is pretty good range for cushion foundation. The case is pretty with gold lid. With cushion foundation I like it better to apply with beauty blender rather than the cushion that comes with it. I found with beauty blender, the product is applied more evenly, slightly sheer-er and blend in easily. With cushion it gives more coverage.

Upon application it gives an immediate medium coverage (leaning towards full coverage depending on how much product you pick up). It gives a slightly hydrating feeling, it sets into semi-matte finish. If you want more coverage you can build it up with second layer but don't expect it to be a really full coverage. What I like from this foundation is that it gives you a matte finish rather than a dewy finish like most cushion out there. It wears beautifully for a solid 6-7 hours before you have to bloat or do touch up. Everything is hitting the top notch. However, with 9 shades available I feel that the shades are rather tricky. 02 (rose beige) is too fair for my skin and 25 (natural beige) which is one shade darker is slightly dark for my skin. That is the only drawback from this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have too say, you HAVE too use a primer too this foundation. My skin is dry, so maybe thats the reason. i use MAC primer, the original black one. very good primer.
Why do I like this foundation?: I like it because it covers really good( You have too use a brush), it stays on the whole day with a primer, and you dont have too use mutch. Its a good price, since you only have too use a little bit.
I can say that it does not covers any red acne, but thats fine by me.
I have found the perfekt brush too apply this with, a clinique fluffy brush. I wont use this with the sponge that comes with, i thought this was a light coverage, but its the puff that comes with, that is not good at all.
If you have combination skin, go with this. if you have dry; try the miracle cushion, its so good:)

PS. I Would not buy agian, because its too matte for my taste. If you have Oily skin or if you like the matte resualt, then this will be a good foundation too try out. I also have sensetive skin, this did not cause any irritaion. The foundation have a light rose smell,thats fades away very quickly.

Decided to give this one a try as I got color matched and a sample a few weeks back. Bought Bisque 250W and it is a perfect match with my NW20-25 skin tone.
I really love this foundation. It is easy to apply either using a BB, foundation brush or fingertips (I prefer a brush to apply to your face, apply where needed, then blend). It gives you plenty of time to blend without becoming streaky. The applicator "cushion" allows you to tap it slightly with your brush to get the amount you want to apply, and a little goes a long way. When I first used it, I found I was too much of the product - all you need is to slightly press the brush on the "net" to get enough to apply on your face areas.
It does not oxidize and stays true to shade after application. I use a primer before applying it, and haven't tried it without one yet.
The coverage is medium and is buildable. I prefer medium coverage.
I have combo-oily mature skin and find it does a great job of covering my large pores and superficial wrinkles. It lasts all day on me. I set it with Guerlain Meteorites as a light finish before going to work and it stays semi-Matte; I could probably use a powder touch up to alleve slightly a small dewy appearance 6 hrs after application but never have time during the day to do this @ work. But thankfully it is not a must.
The product is a little costly but on par with other high end foundations ( actually my Guerlain LdP and Armani cost more) and you can purchase a refill when the cushion is dry. I am not there yet and have had this since March.
The twist to the side plastic cover is hard to maneuver sometimes and the compact applicator that comes with it is worthless.
I am pleasantly surprised this foundation is so good! I haven't purchased anything Lancôme in years except for Definicils mascara.
This foundation is a keeper. I rate it better than TF, Stila and IT. As good as Guerlain LdP? The LdP is much thicker than this and will save the Guerlain for winter. IMO beats Armani Lasting Silk as well. I can't use Armani Luminous Silk due to my combo oily skin as it gets very shiny on me.
Yes I will purchase the compact refill when this one runs out.

It's okay but not great. I was eager to try this after seeing all the good reviews but it's not for me.

Pros:
Great color selection. There are actually fair shades and deeper shades. Everyone has a good chance at finding their right color match. I picked up Ivory 110.
Didn't oxidize. Never for me at least.
SPF 50. SPF is always a plus in my book and not many foundations offer this much sun protection.
I like the look of the compact and it's very portable. The sponge to be used for application is another story.
The coverage for a cushion foundation.
Longevity. While not a fan of the oil control or finish this sets to on me it is decent at staying put.

Cons:
How wet this product goes on when first applied.
High alcohol content and fragrance, but on the lower end for Lancôme.
Settles into my fine lines continually throughout the day.
Not matte as advertised. With mattifying primers and powders this never stays matte for long. It's more a luminous natural finish.
Not full coverage as advertised. I built this up and it was a medium at best.
Pricey. The coverage and longevity of this foundation reminds me of Urban Decays Naked Skin foundation and Shiseido Synchro Skin foundation and both cost less and you get more product.

All in all I can see why some would love this, but sadly it's not for me.

I really like this foundation for its staying power and oil absorption - much more so than the Teint Idole liquid. It really does stay on all day, and is the only foundation I have tried, with which I do not need to apply powder at lunch time. The compact is great for taking out with you on nights out or even on holiday, and I actually like the applicator. It is far quicker and less messy to apply than liquid foundations in bottles.

The cons are that there really should be more shades added to the range, as I am in between shades. Originally the recommended shade which should have been the equivalent of my Teint Idole liquid was way way too dark so maybe this was a mix up?

Also the product does not last very long, especially with the filter mesh layers, it can be very difficult to extract product after a few weeks.

I therefore only used this on occasions where I needed the quickness or the longevity, or sometimes apply a light layer over my liquid TIU, as it is easily buildable and helps to set the liquid. Therefore my compact lasted about 2 months (at a push).

Would recommend and re-purchase, but certainly not for every day use!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hated this, it was so cakey and heavy. All day I just wanted to go home and wash my face. It felt so thick and looked like I was wearing a mask of makeup. You won't like this if you are going for a more natural look. I feel like this was just clogging my pores the whole day, I felt like my skin couldn't breathe. By the end of the day I had 1 or 2 new pimples on my face. I would not recommend this. I prefer the regular Lancome miracle cushion.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

It oxidizes. For that reason alone I have to give this a 1 (I would give it a zero if I could). There is no reason why a foundation should turn orange or darken by 3+ shades anymore. This is one did. Over Lancome products. Over Lancome primer. It went on as a PERFECT match (090 Ivore') and I was thrilled; the coverage is fantastic, it feels GREAT on dry skin, perfect finish. 30 minutes later my jawline looked a bit darker. 1 hour later, my face was darker. 4 hours later it looked as though I had pulled a foundation that was 3 or more shades darker; now I knew why people were staring at me. The next day (Saturday) I took pictures of when it was first applied and then at lunchtime; the difference was shocking. When I returned the foundation to the Lancome counter and told the SA, she didn't believe me; "No one else has said that". Pull out my phone and the pics; "OMG IS THAT THE SAME SHADE AS THE ONE YOU BOUGHT?!" No, bitch, I just did that to prank you. Sheesh.

Just be aware.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I discovered this foundation quite by accident. I went into the Lancome counter to buy the stick version of Teint Idole Ultra on vacation in the U.K. And they didn't carry it. The SA recommended this cushion version. So glad she did. A great alternative to the bottle version of Teint Idole. Much lighter and a bit more dewy. Easy to port around and to use on the go or at the dressing table. Fantastic coverage and radiance. Very expensive and it doesn't last long. I'm already having trouble getting much out of the cushion I purchased 5 weeks ago. Still I'd repurchase. The formula is incredibly sophisticated. And the SPF 50 is an added bonus.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried the liquid Teint Idole foundation but it got very cakey very quickly so I'm definitely not a fan. However, I do get quite oily in my T zone so I need a formula that's long lasting but I prefer a natural finish rather than a matte one. My Ulta store recently started carrying Lancome and I debated trying the Teint Idole stick foundation but am not partial to this form because I've found others very hard to blend and they certainly have looked like a lot of makeup. So I decided to purchase this cushion formula and I'm very glad I did. I'm in my 50s and really don't like a matte finish because I've found that such formulas accentuate my fine lines. I like the coverage of the cushion formula and I like the fact that I can sheer it out with a damp beauty blender. I apply it with the enclosed sponge and then stipple with the BB. I then apply some concealer under my eyes and then set my entire face with RCMA No Color Powder. I live in FL and we're still experiencing serious hot weather even though it's technically fall. Consequently I need a foundation that will stand up to whatever the weather dishes out. I also use MAC Fix+ and the Coola SPF 30 setting spay. With this cushion foundation I get a very natural finish that makes my skin look flawless. It simply doesn't look like a lot of makeup. And it feels great to wear. And after 5 or 6 hours, my face still looks wonderful, even through the heat and humidity. I've used this cushion foundation three times and each time I get a little more skilled in its application so each day, my skin looks better and better. The color match is spot on and contrary to my belief, it's not overly moisturizing nor does it get cakey at all. My skin looks just as amazing 5 or 6 hours later as it does when this foundation is first applied. The finish is more of a satin than a demi matte finish. It simply looks incredible. This could be my new HG foundation. It blends so seamlessly and the coverage can surely be built up to full, should you choose to do so. But the older I get, the less a lot of makeup does for me so I prefer coverage somewhere in the middle, enough to cover redness and trouble areas but not so much that all you can see is a pile of makeup. This foundation does the former and doesn't do the latter. It looks like my skin, only the improved version. My skin is also quite sensitive and this foundation doesn't irritate me at all. I like everything about it. The only thing I don't like is how little product I get for the price. But refills are available at a discount, so that's one redeeming factor. I thought cushion foundations were a passing fad, a trend that originated in Asia that has found its way around the world. I figured they would die a rapid death but now that I've found this Lancome cushion I'm hoping for exactly the opposite. I think I've found an absolute gem. I only hope they don't discontinue it anytime soon. I highly recommend it for combo skin types like me but I can also see it working for drier skin. It goes on like a dream and is super blendable. It also looks completely natural and is easy to wear. What more could you ask for?

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love this product! This is now my go-to 'HG' foundation. I've tried so many foundations from Bourjois to MAC and this cushion foundation has the perfect consistency upon application, feels light/airy on my face. Gives a great medium coverage, defin can build up to full. There is a fragrance but tolerable, disappears shortly after application. Packaging is stunningly luxe. I use an oval brush to apply the product, no streaking and blends flawlessly. Can be a little too dewy for me but nothing that a dusting of powder (whether bronzer or finishing powder) can't fix. The most important attribute to me is, this foundation doesn't feel heavy at all, there is no 'cakey' texture appearance. I just can't wear foundation for those reasons. Lancôme has perfected the formulation in Tient Idole Ultra Cushion. Definitely will be repurchasing the refills. Highly recommend this product.

UPDATE: still a fabulous foundation, only drawback is the extreme photo flashback (due to having spf50). I'm not removing any lippies because as a product it is phenomenal! But I would recommend to wear this during daytime or if you know you're not taking photos at night.