MAC Cosmetics antique velvet

MAC Cosmetics antique velvet

3.2

on 8/29/2018 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Beautiful color, but its creamy (not really matte) texture undermines longevity. It also fades unevenly and is quite patchy. Nevertheless, if you have the patience to make it work (ie, reapply often, check often), it does make a statement.

on 4/14/2018 7:53:00 AM

This is a gorgeous brown with a red tint looks amazing on all skin tones !! I wouldn’t buy again because i want to find a dupe for it & rarely use it. It is expensive for what is it but that is because MAC keeps putting their lipstick prices up. This is a matte finish but does have a sheer look to it on the lips. 100% recommend

on 12/25/2016 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Beautiful color! And let's leave it at that!

Horrible lipstick! Or it didn't like my lips. It is supposed to be matte, but it seems to me like a terrible thick cream lipstick. I have MAC Opera and Ruby Woo, which are matte, and behave like a matte lipstick should. Opera is in the same matte category as Instigator (RW is retro matte). It applies without tugging, do not slip and stays put for 4h at least. No feathering. After application, it feels like you are wearing nothing (like Nars Velvet Matte pencil). Little transfer too.

Antique Velvet (the same was said of Instigator), also matte, is a patchy mess that do not apply evenly. It doesn't stay in my lips, mainly in the inner part of it. I get a half lip with lipstick and the other without. And it is visible even with my mouth shut.

I've used it with primer and balm before aplication and balm after. It always crumble minutes after aplication. Not even RW does this. I have this urge to just remove it anyway because it feels like I have something gross in my lip (like baby pomade). I have Amorous in the creamier satin finish and it doesn't behave like Instigator. By the way. Antique velvet is the same.

I just think it is a problem with the matte finish in the darker colors. And I can't find dupes of these colors in Brazil. Anyway, money thrown in the trash.

This is too dark. It is a dupe for viva glam Ariana 1 if you ask me which I also returned but I called MAC & their customer service told me to keep it yet they would refund my money. Still waiting on my refund but it was a Friday night I called. It's very deep almost black I really don't wear this type of color it's so goth. I'd put it in the category of cyber, sin or diva it is very deep. I don't really care for it but I want my refund or they can email me a prepaid label if they need it back I'd happily oblige. Where am I going to ever wear this? I don't celebrate Halloween & I don't like the goth look much I may try it for fun w some of the UD Naked Smoky, I don't often reinvented myself much I own like half of the neutral palettes out there I like nude, pale beige, & MLBB lipsticks & own over 100 MAC lippies. This one is sure not going to get a heap of use maybe I will warm to it w the right lipliner. I was going to buy Kylie true brown k but if this is a dupe then no thanks. This would look good on WOC but it makes my skin look pale & ivory translucent very cool toned & I'm NC20--I'm not that "pale" FR & I don't like the high upkeep of deep dark lipsticks like I can't eat (what am I going to do smear it all off "discreetly" on a napkin? Eat it whilst it travels outside lipline?

on 7/3/2016 10:42:00 PM

If you like Mac Diva, you're gonna like this. Its the same color tone for gothic lips. I got this as a dupe for True Brown k after many reviews/youtubers vouching for this. This has more reddish undertones as opposed to brown. It looks kinda greyish dark brown on me! Its from the new Mac range for matte collection which is trending(tks to kylie). I teamed with Mac Whirl pencil and voila!! Its vampish. I dont even have to wait for halloween!!! This color is kinda strong for office wear so I`ll save this for clubbing and weekends. But I do love the grunge chic feel to this!! This goes well with bronze eye makeup like kylie`s and blonde wigs,rock it, if you mustl!!!

Staying power is good. Mac matte lippies are ok except for ruby woo...ugghhhh! Thats an exception..

Overall, this is the best dupe I can find in my region(colourpop doesnt even ship here!!! :/ ) and I got this with Back To Mac, so no complaints here!!