MAC Cosmetics In Extreme Dimension Waterproof Mascara

No Image

4.3

on 1/24/2018 10:01:00 AM

I always wear waterproof mascara because my lashes are very long but downward pointing and I put quite a bit of time into curling them so whatever I use MUST hold the curl. What I didn't like about this was the large and unusually long brush. It's impossible for me to do the inner corners of my eyes and the lower lashes and I don't have small eyes. Even doing the upper lashes is messy and cumbersome. The formula is good and black but again, the large brush picks up too much product. It's not any more difficult to remove than any other waterproof mascara but I'm used to using coconut oil and really letting it sit on my lashes and dissolve the mascara. It's the trade-off for having nice curled lashes. Voluminous WP Million Lashes is better IMO and less than half the $29 CDN.

Bought this again (first tube I decided to toss after a year, lost 2nd tube blech......), so definite yes for rebuy. I like the rubber brush. You can get in really close to the roof of the lash that a way like mentioned below “tightlining” w a curler. “Dimension black” is inky black very rich & thick. It’s medium wetness not too dry. This isn’t cheap it’s over $20USD & I’m kind of broke well normally (bcoz of my Lilla Rose habit lol) but this is worth it!!!! High end mascara I used to think was silly but it really works! It gives much better results.

I LOVE this mascara! My wedding is in June, and I was initially going to get eyelash extensions, however I am going to wear THIS mascara instead! While it is an expensive mascara (about $23 in Canada), compared to the price of eyelash extensions (and the maintenance required), it's reasonable. It gives me length and volume, last all day without smudging or causing a halo effect around my eyes (constantly my problem). I know waterproof mascaras are a pain to remove, but I simply rub my eyes with coconut oil and this comes right off. Holds a curl very well (I have straight lashes). I do wish the mascara lid "clicked" into place to ensure it's closed, like the Diorshow tubes. 100% will purchase again!

on 7/2/2016 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I finally found a MAC mascara that I like. This line has disappointed me in the past with some of the other mascaras, and this brand is not cheap.

PROS:

1. Waterproof - passed my pool test.
2. The color "Dimensional Black" is a good, deep pitch black.
3. Lengthens and thickens well compared to other waterproof mascaras I've tried.
4. I was dubious when I saw the rubber brush, but it does a great job of separating and coating lashes without clumping. If I curl my lashes with a lash curler first, the bristles allow me to get to the roots of the lashes for an effect that is almost as good as tightlining.
5. No smudging. It stays on well until I remove it.
6. Eligible for MAC's Back-to-MAC recycling program when you are done with it.

CONS:

1. As with all waterproof mascaras, you will need oil or serious makeup remover when you want to take it off. It won't come off with my regular face cleanser. Therefore, I do not use it every day. However, it is good to have available when it's humid, for water parks, or for days at the beach.
2. $22 per tube is expensive.
3. I wish MAC were a cruelty free brand, but it isn't.