Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops
Custom Enhancer DropsCustom Enhancer Drops

3.9

Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Silica,Polybutene, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Trimethylsiloxysilicate/DimethiconolCrosspolymer, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Silica Silylate, PentaerythritylTetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain:Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have this in the shade Blossom and it is absolutely my HG highlighter, I've even ran out and am now on my second bottle. I like to apply it by dropping a small amount on the back of my hand and using my makeup sponge to put on to my cheekbones rather than dropping directly on to the cheeks. It applies so smoothly and doesn't lift your makeup off even when putting over powder and when it catches the light it looks like you have a gorgeous sheen/glow (no glitter) that somehow manages to look intense but not over the top. The pink is very subtle and blends in with my blush and lasts all day.

The price is crazy expensive and it ran out sooner that I expected, using daily even a small amount it only lasted 6 months but it's still worth it. I do find that Physicians Formula butter highlighter in pink is a VERY close dupe so if the price is scaring you away I would recommend that instead.

*****edit*****

dropping this from 5 stars to 3 stars. I took the wrapping off my new one and after 2 months of use it's over 3/4 of the way empty so I think they barely fill this with product which is why I used up my old one in 6 months. Plus the lid gets coated with product so I have to store it separately. I found I can get a very very similar look with the PF butter highlighters so I will not be repurchasing

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

First, the packaging peaks, and the dropper needs a better stopper. As is, a ton of product gets caked around the mouth of the bottle, and too much comes out on the outside of the stopper. If not stored upright, this will leak slowly, no matter how tightly the lid is on

Because it doesn't seal, it dries out easily and became chunky quickly. It is so pigmented that once it starts to dry out, it is impossible to blend.

When it is new, it is beautiful. It needs to be blended out a lot, and it sets rather quickly, but if you can work with it, and work quickly, it does give a gorgeous, high- shine. However, I don't think it's worth the effort.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have a sample size bottle of this, and while it is a nice product, I wouldn't buy it in full size just because I know I'd never use it up and a lot would go to waste. I have the shade Celestial, and it looks really nice under foundation mixed with primer or just mixed with the foundation itself to give a little extra glow. I don't like liquid highlights for the cheeks so I've never used it like that, but it works well to make the skin less dull and matte when used with base products. That said, there are many dupes that are just as good at a fraction of the price that won't make me feel guilty for throwing away a half-used product, so I will stick with those.

on 10/7/2017 4:27:00 AM

First of all: I love Armani fluid sheer and tought that this would be something similar. They are both very liquidy but cover fx has more intense metallic,frosty sheen. I tried to mix it with a foundation(one drop) and noticed fine glitter on my face,which I don't like at all. There is no noticeable glitter in Armani. Cover fx also emphasizes very mild acne scarring on my face and Armani does not. Overall Armani gives more natural glow and I think that for my skin it is much better than the cover fx. I'm still trying to make it work tough.

I received a sample of this product in Moonlight and loved it. After I used it all up, I decided to purchase a full-size bottle in Sunlight (only because the silvery cast in Moonlight is not as flattering to my skintone as the golden cast of Sunlight, which is the primary difference between the two shades).

I love this product, although it's pricey. As an older woman, I prefer a medium coverage matte finish foundation (currently using Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation in R330 - Warm Ivory). But, this foundation can make my face look a bit TOO flat. I generally use 2 pumps of the MUFE mixed with one drop of Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops, and the end result is to make my skin look more alive, but without any noticeable shimmer.

There are many ways to use this product - so despite it's cost, if you have the patience to play with it a bit you'll really get your money's worth.

For example, if you've got good skin and just want shimmer, it mixes into moisturizer and can be applied to your face, shoulders, legs, etc.

If you typically use a BB cream or sheer/light coverage foundation, try mixing a drop into your moisturizer or primer, then apply your BB cream or foundation over it - the shimmer will come through. (For medium to full coverage foundation folks, mixing it directly into the foundation works better).

Place a drop on the back of your hand, sheer it out, then tap the very tips of the bristles of a small, flat-topped stipple brush into it and stipple the product on top of your cheekbones, down your nose, enter of forehead, etc. (either over foundation or powder).

For bold highlight (VERY bold, BTW) you can apply it directly to areas of your face with a fingertip.

Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops also work as a sheer, shimmery eyeshadow, and can be used to highlight the center of the bottom lip and cupid's bow, or mixed into lip glosses/lipsticks.

If you have any liquid or cream matte/satin blushes, the product can be mixed into those, too!

The versatility of Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops and the variety of shades offered means everyone can find a shade flattering to their skin and multiple ways to use the product. Five lippies!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

If you want that goooood highlight. You'll get it with these. Perfection!

on 11/30/2016 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this in Celesteial, moonlight and sunlight. I love them all they blend very well, with having fair skin I find moonlight and celesteial more flattering. These will last a long time, you only need a drop.

I purchased a couple samples from someone on eBay to try them out and was surprised that I fell in love! I then went to my nearest Sephora which didn't have them. Instead they gave me their Sephora version. FAIL! I then saw a few videos to make dupes at home and tried that. FAIL! Bit the bullet and ordered the full size. I've tried TONS of highlighters (high beam, touché eclat, Mac beauty powder, st tropez etc) but this one is different! You can do so many things with it and the glow is gorgeous! $42 is ridiculous I know but I doubt I'll run out of this any time soon!