Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops

Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops
Custom Enhancer DropsCustom Enhancer Drops

4.4

Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Silica,Polybutene, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Trimethylsiloxysilicate/DimethiconolCrosspolymer, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Silica Silylate, PentaerythritylTetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain:Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

First, the packaging peaks, and the dropper needs a better stopper. As is, a ton of product gets caked around the mouth of the bottle, and too much comes out on the outside of the stopper. If not stored upright, this will leak slowly, no matter how tightly the lid is on

Because it doesn't seal, it dries out easily and became chunky quickly. It is so pigmented that once it starts to dry out, it is impossible to blend.

When it is new, it is beautiful. It needs to be blended out a lot, and it sets rather quickly, but if you can work with it, and work quickly, it does give a gorgeous, high- shine. However, I don't think it's worth the effort.

on 10/7/2017 4:27:00 AM

First of all: I love Armani fluid sheer and tought that this would be something similar. They are both very liquidy but cover fx has more intense metallic,frosty sheen. I tried to mix it with a foundation(one drop) and noticed fine glitter on my face,which I don't like at all. There is no noticeable glitter in Armani. Cover fx also emphasizes very mild acne scarring on my face and Armani does not. Overall Armani gives more natural glow and I think that for my skin it is much better than the cover fx. I'm still trying to make it work tough.

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This highlighter is absolutely beautiful and has a pretty high price tag... 42 us dollars..i mean hey like I said its gorgeous. BUT... so my skin is super oily but ive been liking the healthy glowy look. when I first bought it I applied it and it looked beautiful...I have large pores and at first it didn't look as rough as other highlighters ive tried. the shine was beautiful but when I went to use it for my day.. on top of my foundation it looked patchy and uneven and just terrible. you could see every single pore on my face and my rough textured skin. it looked HORRBLE. also while I was applying it it removed my foundation and left patches of bare skin. I looked horrible. another thing I noticed is that its very messy. I went to drop it on my cheeks and it dropped on my shirt ugh I mean it was terrible. and it took me so many tries and attempts with a beauty blender and makeup brushes to blend it in but it looked so firggen bad. so its gong back..... ill stick to powder highlighters because this was a complete disaster.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I reeeeeeally wanted to like this. I did. But I don't. I have celestial and the color is fabulous-pinky white pearl. Basically my problem is its chunky glitter suspended in a sheer base. When you put it on, glitter spreads beyond where you want it and it looks chunky on the face. I dab a drop on my cheekbone and I end up with glitter by my nose which really emphasizes texture/pores there. It spreads all over. This is a pass for me.

I have only used this as a cheekbone highlightAnd underneath the eyebrow bone. It is definitely gorgeous In moonlight. However every time I use this it breaks me out in little white bumps exactly where I have placed it.

on 12/30/2016 9:44:00 AM

I searched for Celestial for a long time before I was finally able to get my hands on it. I needed it for the fact that it was a pale pink and on my n10 skin it should have looked amazing. But a couple things turned me off on this product.

1. Container. I have the custom cover drops from this line and should have been aware of the one flaw: if you somehow accidentally squeeze while the lid is closed it will burst up the sides and overflow once opened. So much product just hanging out on the crevices of the opening pretty much wasted. Yeah I could scrape it off with a spatula but you certainly don't need that much product from this. Plus once it happens and you shut the lid it just oozes down the sides. Not fun.

2. That intensity. It's too much! I don't have a problem with my pores being noticeable until I wear this. It literally gets inside and starts shining from deep within, showing off terrible texture. I walked through a beauty counter area of a Macy's and everyone pointed out the rough, uneven texture of my skin and tried to sell me their products. When I saw myself in the mirror, yikes.

I mean it is a beautiful product and I would have loved to love it but no. I never reach for it, instead using Marc Jacobs Spot light or GlamGlow Glowstarter, but can't get rid of it because of how pricey it was. I like to look naturally highlighted rather than strobed and I think that that is not the market that cover fx made this for.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have a sample size bottle of this, and while it is a nice product, I wouldn't buy it in full size just because I know I'd never use it up and a lot would go to waste. I have the shade Celestial, and it looks really nice under foundation mixed with primer or just mixed with the foundation itself to give a little extra glow. I don't like liquid highlights for the cheeks so I've never used it like that, but it works well to make the skin less dull and matte when used with base products. That said, there are many dupes that are just as good at a fraction of the price that won't make me feel guilty for throwing away a half-used product, so I will stick with those.

on 7/15/2017 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this in sunkissed after watching Samantha Ravndahl use it as bronzer/for contouring in one of her videos. She is quite fair and the colour once blended was stunning.

Let's break it down. The pros:
- A gorgeous shade that's not too dark, not too red, not too yellow
- The liquid formula means that you can easily modify the intensity. If I'm going for really light coverage I'll mix a drop of this in with a touch of moisturizer before blending with my beauty blender.
- Great for dewy looks that you don't want to cake up with powder bronzer. I'm a big fan of dewy summer looks that take advantage of tanned skin by using liquid- and cream-based products and eschew powder. This works perfectly for that. (Be warned however that the formula dries down and mattifies FAST and will not retain that light-bouncing liquid effect)
- A little product goes a long way. One bottle will last you forever
- Lasts all day

The cons:
- It's been said before but the packaging is messy. As someone who's a little OCD, the gooey rim of the bottle makes me cringe
- It's $42 ($52CAD)
- You've got to work quickly with this product. As mentioned it dries down fast. If you don't work quickly it can easily get splotchy so takes a little getting used to...

I wouldn't repurchase but I am glad I bought this and am looking forward to playing around with it more.

on 5/31/2017 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It's a good highlighter, but when I put it (celestrial) in my foundation I was a glitter mess.

on 5/19/2017 1:03:00 AM