Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops

Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops
Custom Enhancer DropsCustom Enhancer Drops

4.3

Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Silica,Polybutene, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Trimethylsiloxysilicate/DimethiconolCrosspolymer, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Silica Silylate, PentaerythritylTetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain:Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 7/1/2016 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Holy crap, these highlighters are so amazing! I have never really seen a highlighter that can be worn both as a subtle sheen and built up to slapping-the-scientists-in-the-International-Space-Station-across-the-face-with-your-glow levels. Usually after a certain point most highlighters start to look chalky if you use too much (not that I attempt to achieve this look often), but these Custom Enhancer Drops blend beautifully. I have them in 3 colors: Celestial, Moonlight and Sunlight, which I believe are the 3 of the 4 shades that can be used for highlighting. Candlelight will work for darker complexions and the rest are billed as bronzers, not being as metallic.

I like to pat a few minuscule drops on the skin with just my fingers and then go over it ever-so-lightly with a beauty blender to smooth and even out. I think the phrase "a little goes a long way" was thought up with this product in mind. 3-4 small dabs on the cheekbones, 2 on the brow bone and you're done. Glowing for all of space to see. Even in crappy/low/almost dark lighting conditions the highlight is still very much apparent. Lasting power is on par with most highlighters of the non-pressed variety. You can go all day without really needing a touch up, though it will fade slightly. Texture goes from liquid to feeling powdery when blended on the skin.

I haven't used them in my foundation, but from what I've heard the consensus has been that they don't affect the coverage/performance of your foundation with just a drop or two.

I will definitely continue to repurchase these when I run out (however many years that will take).

Love.

LOVE.

I received a sample of this product in Moonlight and loved it. After I used it all up, I decided to purchase a full-size bottle in Sunlight (only because the silvery cast in Moonlight is not as flattering to my skintone as the golden cast of Sunlight, which is the primary difference between the two shades).

I love this product, although it's pricey. As an older woman, I prefer a medium coverage matte finish foundation (currently using Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation in R330 - Warm Ivory). But, this foundation can make my face look a bit TOO flat. I generally use 2 pumps of the MUFE mixed with one drop of Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops, and the end result is to make my skin look more alive, but without any noticeable shimmer.

There are many ways to use this product - so despite it's cost, if you have the patience to play with it a bit you'll really get your money's worth.

For example, if you've got good skin and just want shimmer, it mixes into moisturizer and can be applied to your face, shoulders, legs, etc.

If you typically use a BB cream or sheer/light coverage foundation, try mixing a drop into your moisturizer or primer, then apply your BB cream or foundation over it - the shimmer will come through. (For medium to full coverage foundation folks, mixing it directly into the foundation works better).

Place a drop on the back of your hand, sheer it out, then tap the very tips of the bristles of a small, flat-topped stipple brush into it and stipple the product on top of your cheekbones, down your nose, enter of forehead, etc. (either over foundation or powder).

For bold highlight (VERY bold, BTW) you can apply it directly to areas of your face with a fingertip.

Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops also work as a sheer, shimmery eyeshadow, and can be used to highlight the center of the bottom lip and cupid's bow, or mixed into lip glosses/lipsticks.

If you have any liquid or cream matte/satin blushes, the product can be mixed into those, too!

The versatility of Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops and the variety of shades offered means everyone can find a shade flattering to their skin and multiple ways to use the product. Five lippies!

on 12/30/2016 9:44:00 AM

I searched for Celestial for a long time before I was finally able to get my hands on it. I needed it for the fact that it was a pale pink and on my n10 skin it should have looked amazing. But a couple things turned me off on this product.

1. Container. I have the custom cover drops from this line and should have been aware of the one flaw: if you somehow accidentally squeeze while the lid is closed it will burst up the sides and overflow once opened. So much product just hanging out on the crevices of the opening pretty much wasted. Yeah I could scrape it off with a spatula but you certainly don't need that much product from this. Plus once it happens and you shut the lid it just oozes down the sides. Not fun.

2. That intensity. It's too much! I don't have a problem with my pores being noticeable until I wear this. It literally gets inside and starts shining from deep within, showing off terrible texture. I walked through a beauty counter area of a Macy's and everyone pointed out the rough, uneven texture of my skin and tried to sell me their products. When I saw myself in the mirror, yikes.

I mean it is a beautiful product and I would have loved to love it but no. I never reach for it, instead using Marc Jacobs Spot light or GlamGlow Glowstarter, but can't get rid of it because of how pricey it was. I like to look naturally highlighted rather than strobed and I think that that is not the market that cover fx made this for.

on 4/20/2017 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought the Sephora favorites highlighter box and this came with it. A mini vial of Moonlight. For reference I have a fair-medium skin. I wear a Shade 2W2 Rattan in Estee Lauder Double Wear. I have always loved luminous foundation but, most formulation would melt away in less than a few hours on my oily skin, plus i live near the equator line where the weather is hot and humid. So i gravitate towards long wearing oil controlling full coverage foundation. And we know those will never give you the lit from within look. I mix this about 1-2 drops in the shade of moonlight in my ELDW foundation, and i have the most beautiful lit from within skin. And this doesnt compromise the wear time of my foundation at all. If at all it helps it blends better. Once i run out of this, I'll be sure to buy the full size of this. Loveeeeeee~~~

on 7/15/2017 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this in sunkissed after watching Samantha Ravndahl use it as bronzer/for contouring in one of her videos. She is quite fair and the colour once blended was stunning.

Let's break it down. The pros:
- A gorgeous shade that's not too dark, not too red, not too yellow
- The liquid formula means that you can easily modify the intensity. If I'm going for really light coverage I'll mix a drop of this in with a touch of moisturizer before blending with my beauty blender.
- Great for dewy looks that you don't want to cake up with powder bronzer. I'm a big fan of dewy summer looks that take advantage of tanned skin by using liquid- and cream-based products and eschew powder. This works perfectly for that. (Be warned however that the formula dries down and mattifies FAST and will not retain that light-bouncing liquid effect)
- A little product goes a long way. One bottle will last you forever
- Lasts all day

The cons:
- It's been said before but the packaging is messy. As someone who's a little OCD, the gooey rim of the bottle makes me cringe
- It's $42 ($52CAD)
- You've got to work quickly with this product. As mentioned it dries down fast. If you don't work quickly it can easily get splotchy so takes a little getting used to...

I wouldn't repurchase but I am glad I bought this and am looking forward to playing around with it more.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is an awesome highlight. Great pigment! Great formula! I use moonlight and I mix it with my foundation and it just gives me that radiant glow. My skin looks healthy and glowy. It glides on smoothly on the skin and feels very comfortable. It will last forever because just a tiny bit goes a long way. Great makeup product that is just a must for any makeup fan.

on 8/1/2016 3:24:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A groundbreaking product, truly is one of the best products of the year if not the best.

I've always loved highlighters, but felt that something was 'missing'. I could never achieve that natural, dewy hydrated skin that all models seem to magically have. This is it. You can play it down as I often do, and it just makes your skin look simply glowing from within. I dab it on my cheeks, sides of my forehead, chin, under the brows. This way my entire face looks like it's glowing and it's not artificially placed only on my cheeks. This is an *extremely* versatile product. A dewy highlight, a wet strong highlight, mix a drop into your matte foundation to add life, put it on your eyelids as a liquid eyeshadow.

My only issue with this product may not be a large one for others, but to me I found it to be extremely aggravating. The sticker that wraps around the bottle becomes damaged very easily. Again, sounds like it's not a big deal. But I'm talking, if you rub your finger on the sticker the colour will completely come off and there's a huge blank space on the sticker. Also, if you scratch your nail against it, it will completely rub off as well. I've owned it for 2 weeks and it looks like its a year old. I found this to be a bit of a buzz kill because the rose gold sticker was what made the packaging look so beautiful imo. I had it on display on my vanity but had to take it down because it just looks really ugly and worn out now. But hey, the product is solid which is all I can really ask for.

I personally don't mind the dropper, I think a pump would dispense too much product seeing as this product is so highly pigmented more than 1 drop is enough for me.

on 11/21/2017 1:56:00 AM

I got the shade Candlelight and was given Moonlight as a deluxe sample to try. I'm in love with this. I use as bronzer on my forehead, cheeks and jawline and in blends incredibly well. For ref im NC 37. Moonlight is more of a highlight.
The drops are gorg. They look like some molten lava when placed at the back of my palm. I normally leave the gold streak behind so I can admire it later during he day. Its sooo pretty like a golden Egyptian statue ot sthg. I use to wear sephora stick contours and Catrice contour pallette but there`s very little product in there. I have to keep buying every month. I was looking for liquid contours and came across this, as Candlelight was Dubai`s 10 Most Popular Products from Sephora.

I also like the luxurios gold cover packaging.The price is super expensive but I love liquid contour products cos its so easy to blend and control color coverage. I will def re-purchase but prolly get a deeper shade like 'Sunset'.

Recommend?
Highly,

This stuff is incredible! Yes it's very expensive but it will last you forever! You only need a tiny amount to get a beautiful glow. I use this on my cheekbones. It lasts ALL day and I barely need one drop. This also looks very natural - not sparkly at all. I would almost say it looks like your skin is wet is in the areas where it is applied. I'm sure you could go overboard with it but using it subtly produces a gorgeous result. I highly recommend this product. My skin is pale so I tried this in celestial. I also tried mixing it with foundation. It's sort of hit and miss. You don't want to add too much or you'll look too highlighted everywhere which isn't the effect most people are looking for. This is the only highlighter I need.

on 10/7/2017 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These are the perfect highlighter.
I ordered some samples of this online in celestial, moonlight and sunlight to try out before going FS. I had tried using powder highlighter before (the Becca one in moonstone, I think it's called) and some other ones, but they always seemed to make my skin look dry and emphasise the fine lines around my eyes when using to highlight cheekbones.
These, on the other hand, actually seem somewhat moisturisering- and can even be mixed with moisturiser if you need a further hydration hit- and they do not at all emphasise wrinkles. I mean, I want to highlight my (non-existent) cheekbones- not the fact I'm approaching middle age.
They are higher up on the shimmery scale- two layers will give a foil effect. Despite this, I've never noticed any glitter- thank god. I only need a tiny amount of product on my index finger which I then tap onto my cheekbones, philtrum and (very lightly) length of my nose. I will mix it with my foundation (Armani luminous silk) for my forehead.
The price of the product is hard to take- especially for such a small amount. But, I don't use much and I've yet to find another liquid highlighter that doesn't dry out my skin, look glittery or fails to blend well with my foundation. I've also got so many compliments from colleagues regarding my highlighting, so I know this is doing something good for me.
I'll continue to fork out for it until something better comes along.