L'Oreal Voluminous Primer

Filtered by hair type : Curly
L'Oreal Voluminous Primer
Voluminous Primer

3.9

Aqua / Water / Eau, Polybutene, Paraffin, Potassium, Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire D'abeille, Copernicia, Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine / Stearyl, Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2-Oleamido-1,3 Octadecanediol, Disodium Edta, BHT, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl, Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid.

on 3/22/2018 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Every so often this lash primer pops up in here, so I decided to try for all the great reviews on it. All I can say is WOW! This stuff is amazing esp for the price. It defin brings my lashes up to another level when it comes to plumping up volume and length. ( My lashes have good length to begin with but are thin.) I don’t apply too much of this primer just a cpl strokes each lid let it dry, and then apply my mascara of choice. It’s a real game changer! Washes off easily, no residue left behind. The only neg thing I can say is that it does appear clumpy on my lashes before I apply my mascara which can be magnified once coloured mascara is applied on top. I usually comb over the primer as it sets with a clean mascara brush to help smooth out and avoid the ‘spider leg’ effect. Overall I love this product- certainly worth the extra step.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I’ve bought this several times. It’s not as good as diorshow primer but at 1/6th the price I can use it everyday! Adds volume and length.

on 1/25/2018 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is amazing! I also bought the new Maybelline lash primer and I prefer this one. It is really worth the extra step. I have long lashes to begin with, but adding this before any of my fav mascaras, make my lashes full and lush. Highly recommend!

on 8/14/2017 2:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

never use my mascara without this lash primer it lengthens my lashes and when I add mascara my lashes looks like I am wearing lashes love love this product I have lost count of how many tubes I've bought it's one of my ride or die product.

on 6/15/2017 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have been a Lancome Cils XL Booster user for years, and no matter what other primer I try, I always go back to Lancome. After seeing this as being a possible dupe that was sooooo much cheaper, I bought it.

I gave this primer what I consider my ultimate test: I wore it for a 12 hour shift at work. I am a night shift nurse, and my unit is busy ALL THE TIME, as in I spend my shift running my butt off and end up changing scrubs at least once a shift due to bodily fluid splashes and sweat. My makeup takes a beating. I used this primer with L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara, figuring it was a fairer test to use it with the same brand of mascara the first time.

About 8 hours into my shift, I had very noticeable smudging of my mascara under both eyes. Disappointing, but not a fatal flaw in my estimation. After all, my job is unusually hard on makeup and the circumstances under which I test makeup are not what anyone would consider "normal."

I tried it a couple of more times under "normal" every day circumstances, e.g., out shopping, out to lunch, etc., and it performed quite well with no smudging at all.

In the end, I decided to use my Lancome as my "work" primer and the L'Oreal as my "everyday" primer until the tube is finished. It is a decent little primer, and for the money I think will work out quite well for most people. For me, however, once the tube I have is finished, it will be back to exclusively Lancome.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Oh yes. Where has this been all my life? Previously I haven't ever used a lash primer, just mascara but people kept mentioning this and finally I relented and purchased a tube. I'm so glad I did! It gave my lashes some much needed volume and lengthened quite a bit as well. Just lovely. I use Full'n'Soft mascara with this and results are 👌

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I haven't tried a lash primer since the days that 2 in 1 primer + mascara were "hot" so I didn't know what to expect with this. Past experience told me fully white eyelashes were pretty hard to cover, and that the extra step seemed unnecessary. However I am pleasantly surprised to find that this goes on mostly invisible, dries quickly, and is a very nice thin consistency that coats my lashes without getting everywhere. I even like that the tube itself stands out against my other mascara, it's easy to find when I'm getting ready.

All in all this isn't hugely necessary for my eyelashes, but I love the effect it gives and it really boosts every mascara I try it with. I think this might be great for those with less prominent lashes too, because it doesn't seem to add clumpiness, just volume and slight length. If mascara primer is your thing I highly recommend trying this one.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So many good reviews, tried it for 3 days in a row...but this product is not for me. Brush is big, product is clumpy. I mean, I scraped the excess off the brush before applying but even then I was left with little white balls of product throughout my lashes no matter now much I brushed through. Had to go picking through my lashes with a tweezer to remove them. Brush is too big to use on lower lashes. Formula is thick and hard to apply evenly. My mascara, which normally does not clump or make lashes stick together, both clumped and made my lashes stick together with this stuff. Didn't notice much in the way of volume or length, maybe cause I picked out half the product removing the white balls left behind and trying to separate my lashes. Back to CVS it goes (love ya CVS for your awesome return policy!) Just not a fan at all, would not recommend. Lancôme Cils Booster is still my fave by far.

on 2/10/2017 1:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to like this since I use Dior's primer and it's way too expensive. I have pretty fragile lashes and I found that when I switched to this primer (no other changes in mascara etc) my lashes started dropping out like crazy! It does work really well as a primer, my lashes looked very similar to how they do with the Dior primer so if you don't have issues with lashes falling out I recommend this product but for me it really didn't work out. Will not repurchase.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This gives me long, curled lashes - every bit as effective as my Benefit They're Real primer. I don't mind the white, especially since it is about half the price. I've found it takes one light coat of mascara to cover and get a great effect while still looking natural.