L'Oreal Voluminous Primer

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
L'Oreal Voluminous Primer
Voluminous Primer

4.4

Aqua / Water / Eau, Polybutene, Paraffin, Potassium, Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire D'abeille, Copernicia, Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine / Stearyl, Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2-Oleamido-1,3 Octadecanediol, Disodium Edta, BHT, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl, Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't think this is a HG for me, but it is a decent primer. It gives a little extra length and thickness, which makes it worth the effort. I apply mascara while the primer is still wet, doing one eye at a time, and that gives the best results. If you let it dry then apply mascara it becomes a flaky, clumpy mess. The brush is the standard Volumious brush and it applies an even coat of the primer to the lashes. I think my search for my ultimate lash primer will continue, but I will use up what I have with this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It really does enhance mascara, it makes my lashes longer and fuller. Love it!

on 1/24/2018 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an excellent product! I hesitated to buy this because I'm all about quick and easy when it comes to makeup, and this was going to be an extra step in the morning. But it is totally worth it! This takes whatever mascara you're using and puts it on steroids. Right now I'm using Great Lash and Lash Sensational which are both good mascaras, but applying this first makes my lashes thicker, more lush, and holds the curl even better.

on 10/6/2017 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This works beautifully for me! I've used other lash primers (received in subscription boxes) but this one works just as well for a bargain price. I typically use UD Perversion, Julep Length Matters or Tartist Lash Paint, and the primer is fattening! Actually, even basic old Voluminous is improved by this. Enough said, it's budget comfy, and worth a try.

I'm very happy with this primer I usually use Lancôme but that's pricey. This works so well for me, I like to use it with the Lash Paradise mascara and together my lashes look super long and full. I find this primer coats my lashes evenly, adds fullness, and lengthens really well. Also my lashes don't clump I don't know if that's the mascara or using it with the primer. But either way I'm happy with how my lashes look. They are full and look so long I really am very happy with this primer. Recommended.

on 8/14/2017 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an absolute MUST HAVE product for under tubing mascaras. I first tried this as part of the Double Extend Tubing Mascara by L'Oreal but have since bought the full size to coat my lashes before layering on other tubing mascaras which are by far my favorite type of mascara to wear. They unfortunately do not provide volume, only insane length but when applied over this primer, you get VA VA VOOM lashes that do not flake or smudge at all. You can apply this product as heavily as you like and the tubing mascara will magically wrap around and coat your lashes giving you amazing volume and length. No need to mess around with false lashes that look fake and more often than not ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have super long fluffy lashes but trying to apply falsies is a royal pain in the @$$ for me so I have to enhance what I have and this primer + tubing mascara is the best combination ever. You can use this under regular mascara as well. My only caution would be to ensure you cover all of the primer (it's white) and if your mascara is jet black it may look slightly less black over top of this.

on 7/24/2017 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My hair stylist thought I was wearing lash extensions. Nope! A coat of this primer before 2 coats of mascara (Maybelline Lash Sensational) and I was out the door.

Will for sure repurchase.

on 6/30/2017 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Great primer and can make lashes very much longer and gives more volume for sure. HOWEVER, does not hold a curl once you put it on. As soon as you put it on, lashes will go back to natural state. If you don't curl your lashes then this will be your holy grail. But i am asian and curling my lashes is a must have. I have to apply this and then curl my lashes again once it has dried. It's annoying.

on 5/2/2017 8:00:00 PM

I'm among those who like this stuff. Never tried a lash primer before so I can't compare it with others.

I put a good layer of this primer. Then I run a lash comb through my lashes. I let it dry while I put my foundation on (I do my eyes first). Then I do the same with my mascara and let it dry while I finish my face. Finally, a last layer of mascara. This methods works very well for me. It sounds time-consuming, but it really isn't (remember I 'm doing my face between layers). I get full, long lashes (as long as my almost in existent lashes will go, anyway) and no clumping. I would repurchase this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

So before I even tried this product, I loved Lancôme cils booster (and I still do, it's a great product that delivers exactly what it promises). But when I ran out of it I saw the L'Oréal voluminous primer looked pretty similar, and thought why the heck not try it? It was only $10 CAD, a fraction of the price of Lancôme. And they are very similar in my opinion! The Lancôme one goes on a little wetter but they both offer comparable lengthening and volumizing effects. I think I might like the L'Oréal a tad more, just because the brush separates a little better and the formula dries faster which makes mascara go on nicely overtop. I like to wait until the base is about half dry, then go over with mascara. This took a bit longer with the Lancôme but that's not a huge issue. So yeah, this primer is great! No complaints. Lengthens my lashes like crazy, they're practically touching my eyebrows! I'd definitely recommend to anyone who wants a close dupe for cils booster :)