L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Primer

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Primer
Voluminous Primer

4.2

Aqua / Water / Eau, Polybutene, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire D'abeille, Copernicia, Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine / Stearyl, Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2-Oleamido-1,3 Octadecanediol, Disodium Edta, BHT, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl, Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid.

on 12/12/2018 1:49:00 PM

What a fantastic product! I'm on my second tube. I love how it conditions and fluffs up my lashes, and it seems to give me a few extra hours out of my mascara before it smudges or flakes. I curl my lashes, apply one coat of this -- it comes out white. Then I leave it for 5 minutes to sink in (it will turn clear when it's ready) before I apply a coat of mascara. Right now that's CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume, in the orange tube.

I get great definition, volume, length, and longevity with this combination, and the two products together cost half as much as one tube of DiorShow. SOLD.

$4.99 at Target.

on 11/17/2018 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a gem that not many know about. I use this with my Maybelline mascara. It makes my lashes thick and full. Not much of difference between wearing these and Dior. My eyes are also super sensitive but this is a gentle product. Highly recommended!

on 9/28/2018 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I wish that before buying this primer I had read the reviews saying that this does not hold a curl. My lashes are extremely straight. Normally, I have to use lash curler on one eye at a time and apply waterproof mascara on my lashes within 3 seconds after curling to keep them lifted. That's how straight they are. This primer completely messes with my normal eye makeup routine :) If I apply it after curling my lashes, they straighten and go down immediately. If I apply it before curling, then I need to let it dry first, but then curling is more difficult (the curler can stick to the lashes etc.).
If I'm not in a hurry and really have time to play, I sometimes manage to make it work. On those rare days it does make my lashes look thicker/more voluminous (I also coat mascara in at least 2-3 layers on top to hide any white residue of the primer), but it's not really worth the hassle for me personally.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't think this is a HG for me, but it is a decent primer. It gives a little extra length and thickness, which makes it worth the effort. I apply mascara while the primer is still wet, doing one eye at a time, and that gives the best results. If you let it dry then apply mascara it becomes a flaky, clumpy mess. The brush is the standard Volumious brush and it applies an even coat of the primer to the lashes. I think my search for my ultimate lash primer will continue, but I will use up what I have with this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh, I’ve given you way too many chances. I should’ve trusted my first instincts, but no, instead I blamed myself for not having the skill or technique to appreciate you. So many others love you; what was wrong with me that I doubted you?

But look. It’s obvious that we’re not working out, and never will. You either leave weird white flecks visible on my lashes, or you make them stiff and clumpy and spidery. Sometimes all at once.

I think what I loved was the thought of you, and I was drawn in by all your promises. You’ve let me down too many times. It’s over between us.

Goes on clumpy therefore makes your mascara clumpy. It does definitely give some volume and length to your lashes though. If you’re willing to spend a ton of time with a lash brush to unclump them then it’s worth it.

on 6/30/2018 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this is trash or not.... It doesn't coat lashes evenly or barely at all for that matter. When I managed to get it on, my lashes were clumpy and spidery and stick straight. This did NOTHING to improve my lashes, it makes them look worse. And I've tried it twice. Both times it was a mess of sticky clumps. Maybe I just got a bad tube but I'm not willing to try a new tube. I may play with this some more but I don't have high hopes.

Hello MUA,
Let's talk about this Loreal Voluminous Base Primer! WOW! Loreal HAS DONE IT AGAIN!
REVIEW: Application: I noticed that my eyelashes became smooth and looked thicker & longer x10! When I applied my mascara, it was easy and mess-free. I really love the effect! My lashes weren't dried out, they didn't look clumpy or spidery. No flaking either, easy to wash off at night and lasts all day.
Very happy with Loreal, all of the products.

Here's What The Claims Are:

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Original Primer is a mascara amplifier and lash conditioner the perfect pair for your favorite mascara to maximize every lash look. Lightweight mascara primer instantly creates a boosting effect to lengthen, thicken and amplify lashes. Conditions lashes over time for soft nourished lashes.

Instantly Thicker, Longer Lashes. Mascara Amplifier. Conditions lashes over time.
L'Oréal Paris presents Voluminous® Lash Primer, the perfect pair to your favorite mascara to instantly boost every lash look. Lightweight eyelash primer instantly builds dramatic volume and length on each lash. Creates a boosting effect, building dramatic volume and length on each lash. Lash primer conditions over time for soft nourished lashes. Use mascara primer with your favorite L'Oréal Paris mascara to amplify every lash look.

Pro tip - apply primer then mascara to one eye at a time before the primer dries. Add two coats of primer for more impact.
Place brush at base of lashes and gently sweep up to tip. Does not smudge. Removes easily. Ophthalmologist tested. Suitable for sensitive eyes. Tested under dermatological control.

To safeguard L'Oréal purity, reserve this product for your personal use. Treat the applicator with the hygienic care you give your eyes. Never apply this product in a moving vehicle. Do not dilute mascara with water, saliva, or any other substance. Cap tightly after use. If change in odor or appearance occurs, discontinue use. Do not use this or any other eye cosmetic if your eye is injured, irritated, or infected. Consult a physician promptly.
Ingredients:
AQUA / WATER / EAU, POLYBUTENE, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM, CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE, DABEILLE, COPERNICIA, CERIFERA CERA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, STEARETH-2, CETYL ALCOHOL, ALCOHOL DENAT, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, PANTHENOL, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL, DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, CAPRYLYL, GLYCOL, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3 OCTADECANEDIOL, DISODIUM EDTA, BHT, ROSA CANINA FRUIT OIL, STEARYL ALCOHOL, MYRISTYL ALCOHOL, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL, HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL.PROPYL GALLATE, CITRIC ACID

DIRECTIONS:

YEP, it does what it claims, nothing more and nothing less! It doesn't mention anything about curling ability. You would need an eyelash curler to help in that department. I don't have to curl my lashes, I'm lucky I guess. Very Happy with this, looks like I found a Winner ❣️😀
Hope this helps!

My lashes have trouble holding a curl, but I've found a few mascaras that work for me. This does not. Paired with any tried-and-true mascara, it makes my lashes stick straight. I've tried curling before and after, even after mascara application using both traditional mechanical curlers and heated eyelash curlers. I've tried letting it dry, partially dry, or dry completely before applying mascara. Whatever I do, my upper lashes literally point downward if even a thin coat of this is applied. If your lashes don't like holding a curl, skip this.

on 6/9/2018 7:01:00 AM

I do not even bother wearing mascara without putting this on first. I have sparse, thin but relatively long eyelashes. This helps me maintain curl and reduces the irritation I can get when using the waterproof mascara formulas I usually use. Very wet mascaras still tend to weight down my lashes and make the curl droop a bit, but this product still helps. That said, I can use the cheap, wet-formula Maybelline Great Color mascaras (the blue, purple, green) with this product. I just re-curl a bit after applying the colored mascara over this.