L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Primer

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Primer
Voluminous Primer

4.2

Aqua / Water / Eau, Polybutene, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire D'abeille, Copernicia, Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine / Stearyl, Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2-Oleamido-1,3 Octadecanediol, Disodium Edta, BHT, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl, Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't think this is a HG for me, but it is a decent primer. It gives a little extra length and thickness, which makes it worth the effort. I apply mascara while the primer is still wet, doing one eye at a time, and that gives the best results. If you let it dry then apply mascara it becomes a flaky, clumpy mess. The brush is the standard Volumious brush and it applies an even coat of the primer to the lashes. I think my search for my ultimate lash primer will continue, but I will use up what I have with this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh, I’ve given you way too many chances. I should’ve trusted my first instincts, but no, instead I blamed myself for not having the skill or technique to appreciate you. So many others love you; what was wrong with me that I doubted you?

But look. It’s obvious that we’re not working out, and never will. You either leave weird white flecks visible on my lashes, or you make them stiff and clumpy and spidery. Sometimes all at once.

I think what I loved was the thought of you, and I was drawn in by all your promises. You’ve let me down too many times. It’s over between us.

Goes on clumpy therefore makes your mascara clumpy. It does definitely give some volume and length to your lashes though. If you’re willing to spend a ton of time with a lash brush to unclump them then it’s worth it.

on 6/30/2018 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this is trash or not.... It doesn't coat lashes evenly or barely at all for that matter. When I managed to get it on, my lashes were clumpy and spidery and stick straight. This did NOTHING to improve my lashes, it makes them look worse. And I've tried it twice. Both times it was a mess of sticky clumps. Maybe I just got a bad tube but I'm not willing to try a new tube. I may play with this some more but I don't have high hopes.

Hello MUA,
Let's talk about this Loreal Voluminous Base Primer! WOW! Loreal HAS DONE IT AGAIN!
REVIEW: Application: I noticed that my eyelashes became smooth and looked thicker & longer x10! When I applied my mascara, it was easy and mess-free. I really love the effect! My lashes weren't dried out, they didn't look clumpy or spidery. No flaking either, easy to wash off at night and lasts all day.
Very happy with Loreal, all of the products.

Here's What The Claims Are:

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Original Primer is a mascara amplifier and lash conditioner the perfect pair for your favorite mascara to maximize every lash look. Lightweight mascara primer instantly creates a boosting effect to lengthen, thicken and amplify lashes. Conditions lashes over time for soft nourished lashes.

Instantly Thicker, Longer Lashes. Mascara Amplifier. Conditions lashes over time.
L'Oréal Paris presents Voluminous® Lash Primer, the perfect pair to your favorite mascara to instantly boost every lash look. Lightweight eyelash primer instantly builds dramatic volume and length on each lash. Creates a boosting effect, building dramatic volume and length on each lash. Lash primer conditions over time for soft nourished lashes. Use mascara primer with your favorite L'Oréal Paris mascara to amplify every lash look.

Pro tip - apply primer then mascara to one eye at a time before the primer dries. Add two coats of primer for more impact.
Place brush at base of lashes and gently sweep up to tip. Does not smudge. Removes easily. Ophthalmologist tested. Suitable for sensitive eyes. Tested under dermatological control.

To safeguard L'Oréal purity, reserve this product for your personal use. Treat the applicator with the hygienic care you give your eyes. Never apply this product in a moving vehicle. Do not dilute mascara with water, saliva, or any other substance. Cap tightly after use. If change in odor or appearance occurs, discontinue use. Do not use this or any other eye cosmetic if your eye is injured, irritated, or infected. Consult a physician promptly.
Ingredients:
AQUA / WATER / EAU, POLYBUTENE, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM, CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE, DABEILLE, COPERNICIA, CERIFERA CERA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, STEARETH-2, CETYL ALCOHOL, ALCOHOL DENAT, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, PANTHENOL, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL, DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, CAPRYLYL, GLYCOL, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3 OCTADECANEDIOL, DISODIUM EDTA, BHT, ROSA CANINA FRUIT OIL, STEARYL ALCOHOL, MYRISTYL ALCOHOL, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL, HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL.PROPYL GALLATE, CITRIC ACID

DIRECTIONS:

YEP, it does what it claims, nothing more and nothing less! It doesn't mention anything about curling ability. You would need an eyelash curler to help in that department. I don't have to curl my lashes, I'm lucky I guess. Very Happy with this, looks like I found a Winner ❣️😀
Hope this helps!

My lashes have trouble holding a curl, but I've found a few mascaras that work for me. This does not. Paired with any tried-and-true mascara, it makes my lashes stick straight. I've tried curling before and after, even after mascara application using both traditional mechanical curlers and heated eyelash curlers. I've tried letting it dry, partially dry, or dry completely before applying mascara. Whatever I do, my upper lashes literally point downward if even a thin coat of this is applied. If your lashes don't like holding a curl, skip this.

on 6/9/2018 7:01:00 AM

I do not even bother wearing mascara without putting this on first. I have sparse, thin but relatively long eyelashes. This helps me maintain curl and reduces the irritation I can get when using the waterproof mascara formulas I usually use. Very wet mascaras still tend to weight down my lashes and make the curl droop a bit, but this product still helps. That said, I can use the cheap, wet-formula Maybelline Great Color mascaras (the blue, purple, green) with this product. I just re-curl a bit after applying the colored mascara over this.

on 4/27/2018 2:15:00 PM

I've tried this with L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof and Maybelline Cat Eyes Waterproof. It added a bit of 'oomph' with the Cat Eyes but did nothing for Voluminous. And it didn't prevent smudges.

on 4/16/2018 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Dammn! These reviews were not kidding - this stuff is GREAT. My lashes look so full and voluminous! Hats off to Shelly1010 and her directions. I used it with my Maybelline Lash Sensational Black Pearl mascara and now my lashes look like I got lash extensions or something. Just as a disclaimer I do have long lashes but they tend to grow downward and even curling them doesn't hold them in place. But this primer helped them stay upright and full of volume. Love it! Must have.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have bought this a few times, yet needing to buy another as my last tube was old and made my lashes stick together. I think this is is in my top 3 for lash primers, along with lancome's and urban decay's. Great cause it is affordable and gives noticeable results. My mom never opened her lancome mascara gift set I gave her for christmas which had the lancome lash primer so I used it to compare. I could barely see any improvement compared with this. I saw that ulta marked down the price and I was worried that they're gonna discontinue it, so next time I get paid ill stock up on it. It is great when it is a relatively new tube, but as time goes on and not even saline solution would work for it, it made my lashes stick together and looked like a mess. I had to throw it out anyway. This is also great with essence's lash princess false lash effect mascara as it really makes my lashes look long and thick. I love the brush too