L'Oreal Voluminous Primer

L'Oreal Voluminous Primer
Voluminous Primer

4.1

Aqua / Water / Eau, Polybutene, Paraffin, Potassium, Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire D'abeille, Copernicia, Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine / Stearyl, Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2-Oleamido-1,3 Octadecanediol, Disodium Edta, BHT, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl, Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid.

on 6/30/2017 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Great primer and can make lashes very much longer and gives more volume for sure. HOWEVER, does not hold a curl once you put it on. As soon as you put it on, lashes will go back to natural state. If you don't curl your lashes then this will be your holy grail. But i am asian and curling my lashes is a must have. I have to apply this and then curl my lashes again once it has dried. It's annoying.

on 6/21/2017 8:54:00 AM

It works. I have tried this with my mascaras that don't give me enough volume and it definitely helps. No irritation. Easy to use whether I let it dry or not, Happy with my purchase.

on 6/19/2017 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this. I haven't used any other lash primers besides the ones that come in the 2 in 1 products like the original double extend mascara. So obviously it has been many years since I last tried one. And I wasn't impressed my last go round. This primer is awesome and I only purchased due to the great reviews here and out of pure curiosity. I am generally not on the primer bandwagon and do not use one for my face as I have yet to find one that actually does anything. That said this stuff does make a marked difference to my eyelashes! I was worried the extra step would be cumbersome however using this actually saves me some time as all I need for a day to day look is one coat of this and one coat of my full n soft mascara. Prior to using this I would use at least 2 to 3 coats of mascara alone for my everyday mascara look. I like noticeable lashes lol and don't use a whole lot of other makeup. I agree with other reviewers who say this does go on white and can at times leave little balls of product on lashes however as soon as I put on my mascara any white color and balls disappear leaving me with long, defined and voluminous lashes. I haven't had a night out since purchasing but I would bet this stuff paired with 2 or 3 coats of mascara would provide an amazing false lash look!

on 6/15/2017 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have been a Lancome Cils XL Booster user for years, and no matter what other primer I try, I always go back to Lancome. After seeing this as being a possible dupe that was sooooo much cheaper, I bought it.

I gave this primer what I consider my ultimate test: I wore it for a 12 hour shift at work. I am a night shift nurse, and my unit is busy ALL THE TIME, as in I spend my shift running my butt off and end up changing scrubs at least once a shift due to bodily fluid splashes and sweat. My makeup takes a beating. I used this primer with L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara, figuring it was a fairer test to use it with the same brand of mascara the first time.

About 8 hours into my shift, I had very noticeable smudging of my mascara under both eyes. Disappointing, but not a fatal flaw in my estimation. After all, my job is unusually hard on makeup and the circumstances under which I test makeup are not what anyone would consider "normal."

I tried it a couple of more times under "normal" every day circumstances, e.g., out shopping, out to lunch, etc., and it performed quite well with no smudging at all.

In the end, I decided to use my Lancome as my "work" primer and the L'Oreal as my "everyday" primer until the tube is finished. It is a decent little primer, and for the money I think will work out quite well for most people. For me, however, once the tube I have is finished, it will be back to exclusively Lancome.

on 6/11/2017 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

This is a surprisingly good product. I bought it out of curiosity when it was on sale and I'm pleasantly surprised how well it works. I apply a fairly good layer of it, comb through and let it dry, then apply mascara - it seems to work well with pretty much any mascara. It boosts the volume quite visibly and adds a bit of length as well. With a coloured mascara (e.g. Voluminous in Blue) it accentuates the colour. It is an extra step in my morning routine but it's worth it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Oh yes. Where has this been all my life? Previously I haven't ever used a lash primer, just mascara but people kept mentioning this and finally I relented and purchased a tube. I'm so glad I did! It gave my lashes some much needed volume and lengthened quite a bit as well. Just lovely. I use Full'n'Soft mascara with this and results are đź‘Ś

on 5/2/2017 8:00:00 PM

I'm among those who like this stuff. Never tried a lash primer before so I can't compare it with others.

I put a good layer of this primer. Then I run a lash comb through my lashes. I let it dry while I put my foundation on (I do my eyes first). Then I do the same with my mascara and let it dry while I finish my face. Finally, a last layer of mascara. This methods works very well for me. It sounds time-consuming, but it really isn't (remember I 'm doing my face between layers). I get full, long lashes (as long as my almost in existent lashes will go, anyway) and no clumping. I would repurchase this.

on 4/29/2017 4:54:00 PM

I purchased the L'oreal Voluminous primer because I had heard it was a dupe for the Lancome Cils Booster, which has been my holy grail for years. I had my doubts, but my curiosity got the best of me! They're definitely NOT the same! The Lancome primer goes on like silk, and lengthens your lashes, and it's very easy to layer mascara over top without it getting clumpy (I don't let the primer dry first). It's also easy to build layers with the Lancome primer as a base. The L'oreal primer is a more dry formula. It doesn't go on as smoothly as the Lancome. It seemed to drag along my lashes, making it difficult to apply evenly. It does add thickness, but doesn't add any length, and it gets clumpy as you're applying it. When I tried to layer mascara over top, it went on clumpy and made it impossible to build any length. When I looked in the magnifying mirror, I could see all these tiny balls in my lashes and on the tips, which I had to spend time combing out. I also noticed flakes at the end of the day, something I don't get with the Lancome primer. I didn't see any benefit using this primer. It was a waste of money. You'd get better results applying 2-3 coats of regular mascara and skipping the primer. Overall, the L'oreal primer was a big disappointment, and I wouldn't recommend it, especially if you're someone who likes the Lancome Cils Booster. THIS IS NOT A DUPE!!! Save your money, and buy the Lancome. It may cost more, but it's worth it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I haven't tried a lash primer since the days that 2 in 1 primer + mascara were "hot" so I didn't know what to expect with this. Past experience told me fully white eyelashes were pretty hard to cover, and that the extra step seemed unnecessary. However I am pleasantly surprised to find that this goes on mostly invisible, dries quickly, and is a very nice thin consistency that coats my lashes without getting everywhere. I even like that the tube itself stands out against my other mascara, it's easy to find when I'm getting ready.

All in all this isn't hugely necessary for my eyelashes, but I love the effect it gives and it really boosts every mascara I try it with. I think this might be great for those with less prominent lashes too, because it doesn't seem to add clumpiness, just volume and slight length. If mascara primer is your thing I highly recommend trying this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used Lancôme Cils Booster on one eye and this on the other one as a test. I couldn't tell the difference. Much better price point. They are made in the same factory. While I do prefer some Lancôme products to L'Oréal, an eyelash primer is not worth the extra cash. I apply this and my lashes hold a curl much better.