L'Oreal Voluminous Primer

L'Oreal Voluminous Primer
Voluminous Primer

4.1

Aqua / Water / Eau, Polybutene, Paraffin, Potassium, Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire D'abeille, Copernicia, Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine / Stearyl, Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2-Oleamido-1,3 Octadecanediol, Disodium Edta, BHT, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl, Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used Lancôme Cils Booster on one eye and this on the other one as a test. I couldn't tell the difference. Much better price point. They are made in the same factory. While I do prefer some Lancôme products to L'Oréal, an eyelash primer is not worth the extra cash. I apply this and my lashes hold a curl much better.

Love the Lancôme cils booster, but this is a cheaper alternative and it works better, IMO. I apply and let it dry a couple min, then apply more, specifically to the ends of my lashes to add length and let dry another min or two then apply mascara. I have used all kinds of mascaras with it. They all turn out beautifully. If you don't let it dry some, it's going to just wipe off when you apply the mascara. Layering is key! You can get some great lashes with this stuff if you use the right techniques :-)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So many good reviews, tried it for 3 days in a row...but this product is not for me. Brush is big, product is clumpy. I mean, I scraped the excess off the brush before applying but even then I was left with little white balls of product throughout my lashes no matter now much I brushed through. Had to go picking through my lashes with a tweezer to remove them. Brush is too big to use on lower lashes. Formula is thick and hard to apply evenly. My mascara, which normally does not clump or make lashes stick together, both clumped and made my lashes stick together with this stuff. Didn't notice much in the way of volume or length, maybe cause I picked out half the product removing the white balls left behind and trying to separate my lashes. Back to CVS it goes (love ya CVS for your awesome return policy!) Just not a fan at all, would not recommend. Lancôme Cils Booster is still my fave by far.

on 3/15/2017 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I actually like this quite a bit! I was using it with their Voluminous Carbon Black mascara and I thought it gave a nice amount of extra oomph that you would normally get from layering 2-3 coats of mascara alone. I have since quit using Carbon Black because, it's true what all the other reviews have said about the wp formula---it bleeeeeds. So I've switched back to my other wp go-to, Maybelline's The Rocket and it works beautifully with that. Seems a little bit crazy to be buying two separate products to achieve one lash look---I totally get it. But, I've never been 100% happy with the effect I get from just layering coats of The Rocket on its own, and just doing one coat of this primer + one coat of The Rocket gives my lashes that "extra" they need, so it's kind of a time saver since I'm just doing one coat of each and ending up with the volumized and lengthened look I want. Both this primer and The Rocket aren't that expensive to begin with and you still come out spending less buying this primer alongside a drugstore mascara you know you already like, as opposed to buying one tube of a prestige brand. Overall, I like the way this primer boosts my regular mascara look and it's got good-for-your lashes ingredients. I was curious about it and I'm glad I tried it.

The same if not better than the lancome primer I used for years. Well, thank you l 'oreal....I know lancome is owned by l'oreal....I swear, you get the same result as with the lancome's cils booster xl. Awesome

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

So before I even tried this product, I loved Lancôme cils booster (and I still do, it's a great product that delivers exactly what it promises). But when I ran out of it I saw the L'Oréal voluminous primer looked pretty similar, and thought why the heck not try it? It was only $10 CAD, a fraction of the price of Lancôme. And they are very similar in my opinion! The Lancôme one goes on a little wetter but they both offer comparable lengthening and volumizing effects. I think I might like the L'Oréal a tad more, just because the brush separates a little better and the formula dries faster which makes mascara go on nicely overtop. I like to wait until the base is about half dry, then go over with mascara. This took a bit longer with the Lancôme but that's not a huge issue. So yeah, this primer is great! No complaints. Lengthens my lashes like crazy, they're practically touching my eyebrows! I'd definitely recommend to anyone who wants a close dupe for cils booster :)

on 2/10/2017 1:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to like this since I use Dior's primer and it's way too expensive. I have pretty fragile lashes and I found that when I switched to this primer (no other changes in mascara etc) my lashes started dropping out like crazy! It does work really well as a primer, my lashes looked very similar to how they do with the Dior primer so if you don't have issues with lashes falling out I recommend this product but for me it really didn't work out. Will not repurchase.

on 2/9/2017 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

No product is going to give my lashes the length and oomph,I want, but this certainly helps.
I want eyelashes that look I am wearing false eyelashes, but natural. At 57 years, that is an impossible dream. (I watched the mascara and cotton ball you tube videos wondering if I should try.)This primer does make a difference.
I got a tube of this in a Target Beauty box.
It gave me length with out fibers. It is reasonably priced for somthing I will have to throw away in 3 months. It does not make my eyes itch, burn, sting, or water. It comes off easily with micellar water. I am too lazy to put on false eye lashes.
Brownish Black mascara does not cover it well with 1 or 2 coats. I don't like real dark mascara with my fair, freckled skin.
It takes the curl out of the eye lashes.
It doesn't give me my ultimate dream eye lashes, but I am resigned to some dreams won't come true. Little woodland creatures don't come do my housework either.
I would buy it again. It's about 7 bucks.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this for a few months with CG voluminous mascara and thought looked great. I bought another tube today and the L'Oréal mascara that goes with it and loved it! Totally adds volume to my normal lashes...can't live without this primer!

on 1/11/2017 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Was just about to cave and buy the Chanel primer since I use the Chanel Le Volume mascara, but saw this in the drugstore and decided to try it out. For the $6.99 or so I paid, it is fantastic! Since it's white, you don't have to be super careful putting it on, and then just a light coating of mascara over it makes me look like I have false lashes on. It works best if I curl my lashes, apply the primer, and then apply the mascara right away, doing one eye at a time. Amazing length and volume, and less clumpy than trying to do two coats of the Le Volume - I see myself saving $ on mascara since I'll be using less. I love this stuff and it's now part of my must haves. Try it, you won't be sorry!

Popular Mascaras