L'Oreal Voluminous Primer

L'Oreal Voluminous Primer

4.2

Aqua / Water / Eau, Polybutene, Paraffin, Potassium, Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire D'abeille, Copernicia, Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine / Stearyl, Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2-Oleamido-1,3 Octadecanediol, Disodium Edta, BHT, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl, Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid.

on 1/11/2017 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Was just about to cave and buy the Chanel primer since I use the Chanel Le Volume mascara, but saw this in the drugstore and decided to try it out. For the $6.99 or so I paid, it is fantastic! Since it's white, you don't have to be super careful putting it on, and then just a light coating of mascara over it makes me look like I have false lashes on. It works best if I curl my lashes, apply the primer, and then apply the mascara right away, doing one eye at a time. Amazing length and volume, and less clumpy than trying to do two coats of the Le Volume - I see myself saving $ on mascara since I'll be using less. I love this stuff and it's now part of my must haves. Try it, you won't be sorry!

on 1/5/2017 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love this. It adds volume, length, and helps my mascara stay put. It has worked with nearly every mascara I have tried. Primer has been a game changer for adding drama to my lashes, and this is a very affordable option. I highly recommend this!

on 1/5/2017 6:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is an awesome product. Gives volume and makes mascara application soo easy. Highly recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have been eagerly waiting for L'oreal to release its version of a lash primer and my prayers have been answered.
I bought a tube when I saw it at a local drugstore and my thoughts:

Formula is somewhat similar to my beloved Lancome Cils Booster
L'Oreal's version gives more thickness than length; Lancome gives more length and reasonable thickness

The L'Oreal version performs quite well and works best with mascaras that give more length than thickness.
Both primers are white in colour and this isn't an issue for me.

Overall, I still prefer Lancome's Cils Booster because it gives me great length but I'll switch to L'Oreal for the price difference.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This gives me long, curled lashes - every bit as effective as my Benefit They're Real primer. I don't mind the white, especially since it is about half the price. I've found it takes one light coat of mascara to cover and get a great effect while still looking natural.

on 12/4/2016 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This mascara primer delivers on it's volumizing promises. I've never tried a mascara primer before but I've always wanted to.

The cheapest I've seen this product is $6.96CDN but I got it on sale for $5.96. I was pleasantly surprised at the price because L'Oreal mascaras usually retail for $8-10.

This mascara primer is very very white! It definitely requires a jet black mascara afterwards to darken the lashes.

I apply this product one eye at a time. The L'Oreal website says you're not supposed to let the primer dry, you're supposed to apply the mascara over top before the primer dries. I've tried letting the primer dry and I've ended up with clumpy, overly thick lashes.

The primer thickens my lashes much more than a mascara alone would. I find after this primer I don't have to spend as much time applying mascara. I can just add a few swipes to cover the white and I'm left with a really pretty, full lashed, plush look.

This primer is lacking in the length department but it delivers in the volume and separation department. I can deal with that because I'm not using this primer by itself, so if I don't get the length from the primer, I'll get it from the mascara I put over top of it.

It washes off very easily. My mascaras don't flake on me and this does not cause any of my mascaras to flake.

Some people might be bothered by the two step process, but to me, this primer speeds up my morning mascara routine because I don't have to spend as much time building up my lashes! I love this stuff, I use it every day and I will definitely repurchase it again.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

As far as primers go, this is a mixed bag. The brush causes it to apply so heavily that I actually had to comb out my lashes BEFORE applying mascara, so I wasn't dealing with massive clumps. The formula isn't so much for lengthening--which is one of the things I look for in a primer--as it is for voluminizing. It does do that well though: it thickened my lashes nicely and caused most of my mascaras to look great. As far as extending mascara wear, for some mascaras, it did...and for some mascaras, it didn't. Go fig.

I would consider buying it again, mostly because it does a decent job, is one of the few primers available at drugstores, and isn't terribly expensive. It's no Lancome Cils Booster or CD DiorShow Maximizer though.

on 10/6/2016 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best. Make any mascara great. I love this.

on 9/4/2016 2:09:00 AM

Finally!! There's a drugstore mascara primer on its own!!! I have been waiting for something like this to show up at the drugstore. The only other mascara primer I have used was by Anna Sui and I hated it. It made my lashes very hard and stiff. It also made my mascara clump when I applied it.

This mascara primer is the bombdotcom for me. My favorite mascara of all time (high and low end) is the L'oreal Voluminous mascara too - how fitting! This primer is white...but don't worry, it's easily covered up by mascara. I apply a couple light layers of this primer, let it dry a bit (not completely though), and then apply one or two coats of regular mascara. After I apply the mascara primer I can immediately tell that my lashes have super length and volume to them!! This primer actually does wonders for my lower lashes!!! It appears as if I am wearing falsies on my lower lashes!!! This primer starts off looking white when you first apply, but once it dries, it turns a bit more transparent. I apply regular mascara BEFORE the primer turns transparent. I find that if I let the primer dry too much, my lashes end up looking spidery.

However there are a couple cons to this mascara primer. 1) I have naturally straight lashes so I have to curl them before applying mascara. Once you apply this primer, it doesn't hold the curl so inevitably, I would have to curl my lashes again after the mascara dries. 2) It did irritate my eyes upon application and when I was removing my eye makeup at the end of the day, I felt a slight stinging sensation. Nothing too too bad...but nevertheless, my eyes were a bit red and irritated.

Overall, I would re-buy this mascara primer. In fact I picked up 2 when I found it at my local Walmart. For $5.96CAD...it's definitely a steal IMO.

on 9/3/2016 2:07:00 PM

Up until I found this product, I did not use lash primers as I always felt (especially with high priced mascaras) that if the mascara was really good, it shouldn't need a primer before using it. I didn't want to spend the xtra $$$ for one. But I was at Bed Bath & Beyond and noticed L'Oreal Mascara Primer in a promotional area so since it only cost $6, I figured I'd give it a chance. I keep my receipts so I could always return it.
Well, despite my misgivings, I tried it and put on the Voluminous Collagen (waterproof) on top. Wow! What a difference! My mascara didn't clump! Yes, you need to put on a couple of coats of mascara (blackest black) to cover it, but so what! It's not expensive.
So, I highly recommend it.

Popular Mascaras