Too Faced Sketch Marker

Too Faced Sketch Marker

3.1

I wasn't a fan of this eyeliner. It was extremely sticky, and dried down to be slightly glossy. Within an hour of application, it had transferred up above my crease, and smudged onto parts of my face if I accidentally touched my eyes. I've worn it with and without eyeshadow, and with and without an eye primer. Smudged every time. I have drugstore eyeliners that perform better for 1/5 the price.

I was surprised to find the reviews on here are fairly low for the product. I have used 3 very similar products to this one in the past. Kat Von Ds tattoo liner, NYX felt tip liner, and PFs eye booster. I wear winged eyeliner almost daily. This one is actually pretty good. Kat Von D is still my holy grail, but this liner holds up better than the drug store varieties. First of all the application is pretty simple as it is with most pen liners. The color is a little more metallic compared to others and the product does take a second to dry on the lids. However it lasts a long time and has great color pay off. My lids are not particularly oily though and I do put a primer + setting powder on my lids prior to eyeliner. Overall I would say this is a pretty good liner and I would definitely purchase it again.

on 7/15/2017 6:08:00 PM

I wanted to love this marker. Unfortunately it does not provide a consultant line and going over your line or trying to correct your line with the pen only makes things worse.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I thought I had a new HG due to packaging and the applicator. Found it super easy to make thin or thick lines and the nib was really easy to control. Solid colour that (unfortunately in my opinion) dries a little shiny on my eyes. However this smudges on me (every day I've worn it I get smudges under my eyes and I'm only wearing on upper lashline!) and if my eyes water then I end up with black smears. I got this as a thoughtful gift but wouldn't repurchase. Worth trying if you have less oily lids and less teary eyes than I do but otherwise steer clear, maybelline liquid masterliner is similar without the tendency to transfer.

Pro: Packaging is good size and weigth, lid closes well (to keep product fresh and so to not lose the lid)
Pen tip allows fine control for think or thick eyeliner. Can go over the area to make thicker without problems or patchiness and clears up easily with micellar cleanser.
Con: Smudges and smears by end of day. Slight shine to the liner makes appear a little less black than when its first applied.

on 1/17/2017 8:27:00 PM

I bought this on the recommendation of the salesperson at Ulta when I was unhappy with the Stila liquid eyeliner. First of all, I'm very happy. I bought it in the emerald green which looks too kelly green on your hand but dries a gray-green after applying. I have hazel eyes so it works very well. It lasts all day and is easy to apply. I will be trying it in other colors.

I usually dont like felt liners but this is my holy grail it lasts does not smuge even if my eyes are watery and if i sweat the cap clicks tight so it will not dry out .really nice eyeliner and cute packaging

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this on a whim because of a picture I saw on instagram posted by toofaced. The model was wearing this eyeliner in the navy blue shade and it looked STUNNING on her brown eyes. So of course I had to get it. I will admit it is gorgeous on brown eyes. Dark enough that it looks like regular eyeliner, but just enough hint of blue color to look exotic and interesting. Honestly though, I am disappointed with the product. It dried out pretty quickly on me, and the application is not as smooth as it should be for a $20 eyeliner. The felt tip is pretty stiff and hard to work with, and thus my line would always look jagged. I was able to make it work, but it doesn't perform well enough to justify the price. Therefor I will not repurchase. The Kat Von D tattoo liner is worth the price and kind of what I was comparing it to the whole time. I will probably try to find this color in another brand.

on 11/5/2016 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love the pigmentation and fluidity of this black liquid liner however I don't like how stiff the felt tip applicator is. Will stick to Kat Von D and Stila. If I ever were to purchase this liner it would only be for a unique color that I can't find in another brand. $20.

This stuff is terrible, beware if you have oily skin like me.
I was excited to try this out because it's said to be waterproof and smudge-proof, not to mention the packaging was really cute. When applied it's really sticky which I didn't like. The worst part tho' is that after an hour it smudged all over my eyelids giving me racoon eyes. It's much worse than many other eyeliners that don't even state to be smudge- or waterproof.
This is another Too Faced product that disappointed me grately, I am officially giving up on this brand.

on 6/30/2016 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

These are a brand new addition to the TF family, launching in stores on July 10th, 2016. They come in a wide variety of colors, 12 shades to be exact! Apparently these little liquid liner pens were inspired by Japanese calligraphy pens, which are known for their extreme precision and fluidity! What I like most about these is that there is a matte black and a glossy black! The packaging is adorable, they have little pocket holder stems like rel pens complete with a little heart!

These are waterproof and smudge-proof, I woke up from an embarrassingly drool-y slumber and my wings were the only thing still intact!I love that these are similar to the Stila liner, whre you shake it before applying, I feel like liner pens that don't have a shaker ball tend to get dry and glopy. These are felt tip liners with a firmer tip, so they don't fray nearly as easily. My only stipulation is that I already left one of them capless for maybe 20 minutes (?), and it's already starting to dry out :(