4.7

price range

Reviews

from

a year ago

I was looking for a fall lipstick and decided to try the Bold Lipstick in Raging Raisin. I had tried another Bold Lipstick in Smoking Red and it was much too bold for me- almost Goth like. So I was hesitant to try RR. However, I could not find a previous raisin lipstick by Revlon- it may be discontinued. I was in Target and one of the employees offered to open it and let me try it on. Since they allow returns anyway if not more than 20% of the product is used, she stated that Target beauty assistants could open any product for you because they figure if you buy it and return it , it would be the same as testing and not buying it. I ended up really liking it, it a has a creamy matte texture, that doesn't dry out your lips but has good staying power. On top of that, it was less than $6- you can't beat that! On me it is a nice burgundy with a hint of brown. I am an NC43/45

About reviewer (117 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesOther

3 years ago

I have this in Gone Griege & I love the colour and pigment. The staying power isn't great and it transfers but overall a great product for the price! Definitely will buy again and probably going to try some other colours

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3 years ago

Bought this in the color Orange Danger - really like it, but thought it would be more crayon orange-based than red. Its still orange toned, but the swatches online had me thinking it would be much more orange. I still love it- im on an orange lip kick and love the other Maybelline Buff colors and formula, so had to grab an orange! Want to hunt down the Vivids - Electric Orange - just to see if its more pumpkin orange but i love this Bolds Orange Danger on the lips. Its so pretty (im warm undertoned) i just wish i had the confidence to wear it to work :)

About reviewer (430 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I really like this lipstick! I recently purchased something bold and daring then what i usually wear. So I bought the maybelline bold lipstick in violet vixen. I had a lot of compliments and people said it really suited me. I will repurchase again but I want to try another colour. I found it dosent dry out my lips and I dont feel like I need to keep reapplying it.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I am am almost 65 yr old little old lady in training and I love these lipsticks. I have " Mauve It', a great mlbb shade on me, and "Smoking Red" and "Raging Raisin " for dress. None of them go in the lines on my lips, and go out of the lip line when I use my lip primer ( see my other reveiw for that). They all last several hours, and are not drying. These are the closest thing to my idea of a perfect lipstick. I think I may try a few of the tamer shades. The offbeat shades are beautiful, but I was too conservative to try these, even when I was younger . My advice : TRY THESE LIPSTICKS WHATEVER COLOR YOU WANT!!!!!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3 years ago

"Gone Greige" is a BEAUTIFUL unique neutral for me. I would describe it as a plummy gray? I'm blonde, pale and blue eyed, yet I love this bold neutral. Texture is nice, not dry. Would definitely buy again, and may try others in the line.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

4 years ago

I have this in three shades. Sapphire, Midnight and White. The two blues are amazingly pigmented. And the white is a great mixer for other colors, but not super great on its own

About reviewer (141 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

4 years ago

<object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/W1o4fehDSpc"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/W1o4fehDSpc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object> I purchased midnight blue and it's amazing! It takes a little bit of time to apply and it does go on slightly patchy. I find it applies best if you apply a few thin layers and powder in between the layers. It wears like a dream - I was surprised it lasted for long period of times between meals . It doesn't transfer very much which I was very surprised and pleased about. I would remove it from your lips prior to eating as it comes off pretty much completely. It's such a gorgeous colour and it's very inexpensive. It felt moisturising and had a bit of slip even after powdering. The Maybelline lipstick smell doesn't bug me.

About reviewer (306 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

from

4 years ago

Hello Fellow Makeup Addicts: I'm back!!!! I have died and gone to drugstore lipstick heaven. The lipsticks I am referring to are: Maybelline Bold Lipstick. Here in NYC they retail for $7.79. Target is selling them for $5.59. The colors I picked up are: 760-Gone Greige- medium tone beige. Because I am NC 45- NC 50 I have to outline my lips with a brown pencil. The outer corners of my lips I added Mac Stone lipstick to give me a brown girl nude pout.. Yass. 790-Midnight Merlot- dark tone purple. I'm just saying.. my life is given back to me with this color.. 795-Smoking Red-medium tone red. A girl can never have enough red in her life. 810-Fiery Fuchsia- bright tone pink. I put this puppy on and the oxygen leave the room.. The men bow down at my feet.. Brace yourselves ladies as you too will yield the same results. 825-Blacket Berry-dark tone purple. Again, put this puppy on and watch the men bow down at your feet. 835-Sapphire Siren-medium tone purple. In florescent light it looks like a dark purple but baby... in the sunlight BAM!!! its a show stopper. Two male co workers complimented me on the lipstick today.. the women were catty as usual I just gave them a box of cat mix -meow.. ** note with this one, do not have balm or lip gloss on your lips as it will apply patchy. Once I took it off, the lipstick applied like a dream. To summarize, the wear time is about 5 hours - that is a norm for drugstore lipsticks give or take. Is it comfortable, oh yes!! The pigmentation is insane!!! 2 swipes and you are good to go!! They do not have any scent to them- which is fine with me I freaking love these puppies and plan on getting a couple more!!! Maybelline - they did their thing with these lipsticks.. They are brown skin girl friendly. Dare I say it, I have fallen in love with my lips.. Ladies, don't walk run to your nearest drugstore and cop some.. You'll thank me in the long run..

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age44-55