Bee Naturals Queen Bee Soft Facial Polish

Dried lavender buds, oatmeal, kaolin clay, cosmetic grade pumice, rose clay, spray dried honey, propolis powder, jojoba beads, rose petal powder

on 7/22/2016 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was worried that this stuff wouldn't be 'scrubby' enough. But, It's just right. Out of the shaker, it looks like a a clay powder. Which, well, is basically what it is. Can't see any lavender buds, jojoba or other items of which they speak. Has very fine pumice granules which act as the major source of scrubby-ness. I mix this with my Philosophy Purity cleanser. It mixes well. The particles dont break down, so it's possible to over-scrub. But, the particles are very fine so I don't think it's as harsh as other mechanical scrubs.

Hasn't helped with blackheads on nose. But, well, nothing does...

I use it maybe 2x /week in the shower. I do worry about water getting in the shaker whilst I shower as that would basically be a death-sentence for the product. So far so good! Just gotta be careful. I only use a small amount, like 1/4 to 1/2 tsp, so this will last a good long while so long as I dont accidentally get water in it.
After using, my skin is super soft and subsequent products sink right in.
Inoffensive clay smell.
Recommend for sensitive skins.
Not sure if I'll repurchase, simply because I'm a product junky and love trying new things :)

on 6/29/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Honestly one of the most gentle physical exfoliators I've ever used. It's a powder so it's much more gentle than those other exfoliants using apricot seeds. I've been using it for about 4 months and I'm happy to say that it always leaves my skin much smoother than before. I think the best part is that you get SOOOOO much product in the bottle. Only problem with that is that since there aren't any preservatives (it's completely organic!) I can imagine it'll go bad quickly. However as I mentioned I've been using this for 4 months and it's still looking and working well. I've got more than half of the bottle to go, so we'll see how much longer it lasts. The way you're supposed to use it is you add it to your cleanser or moisturizer, although I've only ever used it with my cleanser. Another con may be that because it's powder, it can get pretty messy on application. Overall though I think it's a great organic alternative to those harsher scrubs.
Edit July 17: HOLD ON THERE FOLKS. My skin has been acting up a lot lately and although I blame it on the baby lotion I've been using for the past two weeks, I think this MAY also be a culprit, as I believe it's already gone bad. I started using this in February, and it was in early May that I have record of my acne coming back. Since then I've had a lot of good skin days and some bad ones, and since I don't use this product every day, there is definitely a possibility that this aggravates my skin and makes me break out more. I'll be stopping use of the exfoliator and updating later on how my skin is doing.