L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow 24HR Foundation

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow 24HR Foundation

3.3

WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ALCOHOL DENAT. PHENYL TRIMETHICONE GLYCERIN PEG-10 DIMETHICONE BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE DIMETHICONE MAGNESIUM SULFATE ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE TALC SILICA PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE MAGNESIUM STEARATE SILICA SILYLATE DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL ALUMINA BHT SODIUM CITRATE TOCOPHEROL ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL MAY CONTAIN TITANIUM DIOXIDE IRON OXIDES BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE

on 5/4/2018 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to like this product! The medium-full coverage finish is beautifully dewy for my dehydrated skin, but it simply does *not* wear well on my skin type and color.

I am a Fenty 290, MAC C40 (NC42 in intensity) or Maybelline Fit Me M&P 228 Soft Tan, with olive undertones so strong that pinks look gray on me (does that make me teal?). When this foundation first came out, I originally got 209 Caramel Beige and 1 hour later, my best friend asked the dreaded, "Why does your skin look orange?" I have since moved to New York and discovered what magazines mention as "winter foundation," so I ended up trying 208, until getting pale enough to try 205 Natural Beige. On my skin, 205 is less pink than 208--208 is just too pink for me. During the year, I find myself adding drops of 209 into 205 because I cannot stomach throwing these away. I simply am not willing to take the time to mix foundations.

If you have the worst end of the olive skin struggle that I do, this foundation is going to be an uphill battle for you.

on 4/25/2018 7:37:00 PM

For a long time in the UK, this foundation was unavailable to purchase. So when I found I could purchase this on Amazon, I bought this immediately. However, the more reviews I read, the more I worried that it would not be worth it. The reviews seemed very negative and a lot of people complained about spots which sent red sirens in my head especially as my skin is incredibly sensitive and prone to breakouts.

Thankfully for me, this foundation works wonderfully for me. I usually opt for high coverage foundations and this gave me a sufficient amount of coverage and a radiant glow which is my most favourite thing about this foundation. This product builds well, and I did need to apply more foundation in problem areas but that was expected. This has become my daily summer foundation, and to be fair, one I would use in Winter for when my dry skin becomes even dryer. My skin looks healthy in this foundation and It gives the appearance of a good skin day.

However with all products, there are cons. I find that dewy foundations like these can show up texture more than that of a matte foundation. Small little spots on the face can show through. I don't set my foundation as I have dry skin and powders usually make my skin look worse - this foundation transfers. If I wear sunglasses I will find foundation all over the rim. If you put your face to your phone or lean your hand against your face this will transfer. If you usually powder however, you'd be fine I'm sure.

I'd repurchase this foundation again. It reminds me of the clinique glow foundation for a fraction of the price and it's light enough for pale skin! I do wish the packaging had a pump and not just a squeezy tube but that's just down to personal preference. There doesn't seem to be as much product but it is still affordable so I can't complain. I'd recommend this to someone who wants a youthful and radiant look. If you have Oily skin you'd probably hate how dewy this can be.

on 4/17/2018 11:51:00 AM

I really like this foundation in the winter! I have normal skin, a little dry in the winter, a little oily in the summer. It is hydrating so I usually only use it in the winter months. This foundation NEEDS to be set otherwise it will melt, this step will make or break your finished result! The coverage is medium to full, Iwouldnt say all day wear but you’ll get a good 6-8 hours if set properly. Semi dewy finish... very natural and easy to work with. Great product!

I have normal-dry skin, and I was really excited to try this foundation because I LOVE the way that glowy foundation dewy skin looks. Before I start my review, I'm just going to say that I read reviews before I purchased, and a lot of people said their skin broke out but I never had that issue and this has been my go to foundation since September 2017 (it's now April 2018) The product comes in a tube packaging and the cap twists off and there is no applicator od pump which I would really liek for this foundation because I do find that I always take a little bit too much product when using. The foundation itself is a liquid foundation, much less dense than the infallible pro-matte foundation (which I also have). I prefer to apply with a brush over a Beauty blender because I find I get more coverage which I prefer. like I said I do have drier skin around this time of year (winter) so it does still look dry around those certain spots but it doesn't emphasize those spots like the pro matte does. it isn't glittery (or so I haven't noticed), it dries down nice although I do notice if I don't set it properly with a powder, if I do touch my face It will transfer into my hands or my clothes depending what I touch it with. I prefer not to use a powder over top because I find it gives me a matte finish which I don't want, I set under my eyes and anywhere that creases but that's it. the product blends easily and it isn't patchy at all. I've been using this foundation since September or October so I'm excited to see how it wears in the spring and summer when my skin is more hydrated and I don't have those dry patches but I definitely would repurchase (and already have before I wrote this review). hope this helps anyone who is looking to try!!

on 3/29/2018 2:04:00 PM

I have tried so many high end foundations. I hate most of them. Im talking about Giorgio Armani, Yves Saint Laurent, Cover FX, Urban Decay, and Makeup Forever. I bought this on a whim and I ended up loving it. Its thin, medium to full coverage once you build it up. I set this with my ELF Ethereal Setting Powder and It lasts all day (t zone only), until I get home to work out. I would repurchase this baby. For reference, I have combination dry acne/rosacea prone sensitive skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I'm NC 10/15 and I wear the shade Classic Ivory in Pro Glow.

The formula for Pro Glow is lightweight and watery it feels lovely on my dry skin, and doesn't empathize dry patches or settle in lines & pores [I find that using a damp beauty sponge for application gives the most flawless finish]. I'd call the formula a light/medium coverage one, but it is very easy to build it up all the way to full coverage, and there's no caking when I do build it up for extra coverage. The finish is very similar to my NARS Sheer Glow; Silky smooth, with an almost poreless look and a glowing satin finish, that lasts all day. It'll cover discolouration/unevenness and minor blemishes, but if I have a spot I'll need to use a concealer. There have been no patches of dry skin, itching or feelings of tightness on the dry and sensitive skin on my face, which almost every other foundation I've tried has left.

The wear time is excellent; I'll apply this in the morning, and it'll still look nearly-perfect in the evening when I remove it, and I haven't suffered from any breakouts whilst I've been using this foundation.

on 3/25/2018 4:01:00 PM

I have fair skin with a yellow undertone, used 201 it was pretty pink but I still liked it. However it broke me out, I'm talking a bunch of little spots all over my face, and big ones on my problem areas.

on 3/20/2018 4:51:00 AM

I have Fair Normal skin.

The finish is really good, compared to what I've usually been using (Revlon ColourStay Normal/Dry in Ivory/Porcelain). Which can cling to pores and make it look like I have white "spots" all over my cheeks. Staying power is pretty good.

BUT.....
I've only worn this twice. Now I have a pimple on each cheek. I had this happen with the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer.
Wore it on Sunday night and last night (Monday) I noticed a red bump on my right cheek. Today (Tuesday) another one on my LEFT cheek.

What is in both of these products that would cause me to break out?? I'm not usually prone to facial acne!

If it weren't for this I would totally rate this product higher.

I do like this foundation- quite pricey in store but you can find it pretty cheap online. I like how it applies with a damp beauty sponge, I've never applied it with a brush. And it's nice and glowy but if you don't shake it well before hand you will end up with little white beads. The colours are ok, I haven't had an issue finding a shade that suits me and being cheap online means I can try out a few colours anyway. It wears well, I always set my foundations however with this foundation I find if I wear it with my oil primer I feel like a sticky dewy oily mess through the day even though I have dry skin so I think it's definitely worn better with a non oil primer 😊🖒

on 3/5/2018 11:32:00 AM

I heard this was a decent dupe for Armani Luminous silk foundation. Armani is pricey but I love the finish and it wears all day like you just put it on. Pro glo had a decent finish and coverage, actually a little matte ....but like other reviewers it broke me out. Will not repurchase.