L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow 24HR Foundation

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow 24HR Foundation

3.3

WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ALCOHOL DENAT. PHENYL TRIMETHICONE GLYCERIN PEG-10 DIMETHICONE BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE DIMETHICONE MAGNESIUM SULFATE ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE TALC SILICA PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE MAGNESIUM STEARATE SILICA SILYLATE DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL ALUMINA BHT SODIUM CITRATE TOCOPHEROL ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL MAY CONTAIN TITANIUM DIOXIDE IRON OXIDES BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE

I’ve worn this for a full day, so wanted to write an initial review. I may edit if anything changes, but so far my thoughts are very positive.

About my skin: late 30’s, Classic combination with a very oily t-zone but dry cheeks, slight hyperpigmentation and enlarged pores around my nose. Otherwise, skin is quite clear with minimal texture and no wrinkles.

I am light-medium with neutral to very slightly-golden undertones. I was initially eyeing color 205, but ended up getting 204. 204 blended in quite well - it did have a slightly peach cast in certain lighting, but didn’t look too off.

I prepped my skin with Charlotte Tilbury’s Magic Cream and her Wonderglow, and then applied this foundation with a damp knock-off beauty blender sponge. I used maybe 3 pea-sized squeezes to cover my entire face. I stippled and rolled the sponge to apply. The Concealer that I used with it was Maybelline Age Rewind. Then, I took a big brush and gently rolled the Pro-Glow powder on top to set, but you could probably also use any powder.

The finish is quite luminous - reminds me a bit of Armani Maestro Glow. Coverage is about medium. I would say if you have a lot of texture or blemishes this might not cover everything. As others have mentioned, the texture of the foundation is runny, so be sure to apply in portions of your face and work quickly, and not set the foundation tube on its side while open.

Anyway, I do quite like Pro Glow. It wore decently through the day, and even though I have a cold and kept blowing my nose, it did not rub off too much. I hope it won’t give me the breakouts that other ladies have experienced.

For a drugstore foundation, I am pretty impressed and would recommend.

on 10/10/2017 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this lovely foundation for about 3 weeks now, alternating with my IT CC Cream, and I must say I've really been enjoying it. I love the smooth, light feel, nice coverage and satin-y finish. It applies so easily and blends out seamlessly. Found a good color match right out of the gate. I'm 58, my skin is pretty good but can be a bit dry in spots and I need a medium coverage- this fits the bill. No breakouts at all, and feels comfortable for my 14 hour day. Reasonably priced and the container is a joy to use and travel with. Not sure why people who haven't even used this are giving bad reviews?

on 10/10/2017 10:04:00 PM

I was going to try this but see people complaining about breakouts. It's the Bismuth in the ingredients. What a shame.

on 9/23/2017 12:17:00 PM

One my favorite drugstore foundations. This foundation is very light in terms of consistency but pigmented. Perfect foundation for daily use to give that "my skin but better look". I usually blend this out with a wet beauty blender then apply a translucent powder to set it. No funny smells and matches my skin tone quite nicely. I'm an NC25-30 and I use number 104 of the pro glow foundation.

on 9/18/2017 10:18:00 AM

first off, if you cannot deal with a runny mess, I definitely wouldn't recommend. It personally doesn't bother me that much, its tolerable, but this foundation is very liquidy, almost serumy. A girlfriend of mine recommended this to me, and she has already beautiful skin, whereas mine is combination/acne/sensitive, so I was a little wary to try this, but honestly I didn't hate it. This is lovely as a dewy beachy glow bronzed goddess effect, or for a natural look. I set it with a little bit of setting powder just to absorb some of the dewiness, as my skin makes the foundation dewier throughout the day, it just balances it out for me. I have this in a darker shade for when I'm more on the tan side, and do not use this foundation daily. I'd buy this again, just for beachy look purposes. A bit expensive, and you have to buff buff buff this stuff out if you're using a brush, a beauty blender feels a little too much for me with this.

on 9/14/2017 5:07:00 AM

I had heard such great things about this product but the coverage is so sheer. I like that it gives my face a glowy boost but at the end of the day I look like a greasy mess.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I usually buy high end to mid brand foundations but recently I have been on a drug store kick. I am impressed at the color selection improvement since the early 2000's. I am in my early 30's with dry-to-combantion, mildly sensitive medium-deep golden complexion skin. I get oily in my nose and chin area but it can also get congested and dry at the same time. I would have probably never found my color match in this without watching some you-tube reviewers because the shades are deciving what you see is definitely not what you get, I usually go for shades that are golden medium, golden beige, warm golden in name etc. Well I purchased this in shade 205 Natural Beige. And I honestly expected to have to purchase a second shade to mix I applied it with my Sephora Brand buffer brush and only applied a little bit and I am impressed! I waited a little bit before I applied loose powder lightly to set it ( I always like to wear powder on foundation) the label mentions it has broad sunscreen, so I don't know about flash back I probably won't wear this for example in wedding photos, but for every day and traveling it's a great foundation. For reference I wear BB stick in shade 4.0 and 4.75 around my forehead, I wear Maybelline Dewy Fit in shade 220 and I wear Girogrio Armani Luminous silk In Shade 6.0 mixed with 5.75, Nars all day luminous in shade stromboli and the L'oreal Pro-matte in Golden Beige MUFE Ultra HD in shade y345.

I bought this when it was on sale, because it's very pricey for a drugstore foundation. However I was pleasantly surprised, considering I did sort of buy this on a whim, having read nothing about it. The coverage is medium, and for me it's perfect. Covers most of my imperfections, and blends well. It's on the liquid-y side, which normally I don't like, but somehow it works for this product. I apply and blend with a brush, and have no complaints. The price is a bit much, but considering what a great finish I get (not too dewy, but not matte), and how it does last all day (I doubt 24 hours, but I haven't actually tested it yet), I will definitely repurchase.
One note, is that it doesn't do many favours to the more prominent pores on my cheeks. But to be fair, not much does. That's something I'm working on with skincare. This foundation doesn't hide them, but it also doesn't pool in them or make them more noticeable, so I'm happy.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I bought this I knew I was taking a big risk because I had such a bad experience with the matte version (I have a review on that as well). I was hoping that everything I despised about the matte version would somehow magically be different with this "Pro-Glow" version, especially since I love a luminous finish. Well, it wasn't.

First off, I bought the same shade in this version as the matte but for some reason this looks weeeeirdly gray and is ashy looking. So much so that it makes me look ill.
Secondly, the formula is so thick that its extremely hard to blend out evenly. I had the same experience all 3 times I've tried it with different application methods. It just feels so incredibly heavy when trying to work it into the skin.

I don't see any "glow" from this foundation. Zilch. I don't know if it's the gray shade or what but it looks just as heavy and flat as the matte to me.
This foundation makes my skin look SO dry and it settles into pores and fine lines even with primer and setting powder and it completely separates in weird areas and gravitates toward dry areas. Ugh, setting powder...this foundation does not dry down even though it makes me look dry. How that's even possible I'm sure I don't know. Setting it with setting powder is a hot mess. It makes even the finest setting powder set blotchy and heavy. Forget about trying to use concealer over the redness it surprisingly does not cover given its thickness.

Every time I've tried to make this work it made me feel like I was wearing a mask. You know that feeling where you can just feel the foundation sitting on your face? I can't stand that. What's more every time I accidentally touched my faced I left smears and prints of foundation behind.

After 3 consecutive tries, it finally hit. The breakouts.
O.M.G. It was bad. Worse than the matte version on every level. I didn't think anything could be worse than that but this foundation really out performed its predecessor. It took almost 2 months to get my skin back to normal. Two of the breakouts have left permanent spots on my skin.

I blame myself, really. I should have known better and I took the risk. Never again will I go near an Infallible product. Ever. I wouldn't even give it to my friend to try out (which is what I normally do when something doesn't work for me since we have a similar complexion).
So, not only is the color weird af, but it has no luminous properties, applies poorly, looks horrid on my skin, wears horribly, and caused one if the most severe breakouts of my adult life.
Proceed with caution if you're looking to try it out.

I bought this foundation for my kit, to use on my clients. I got the shade 203, which matches my NC20 skin pretty well. I tested it on myself today, to see how it performs. My skin is combination: on my nose, I get a little oily throughout the day. Between my eyebrows I have dry skin, with dry patches, and on my forehead I have dry skin as well but without any dry patches. The rest of my skin is normal. I have pretty good skin, no wrinkles and no scars or pimples to cover.
I applied this foundation with a flat foundation brush and then blended any hash lines with a stipple brush. On half my face, I applied RCMA setting powder, to see how it performs with and without powder. I've had it on my face for about three hours.
These are my first impressions:
This is a liquidy foundation that is quite thick when applied onto the skin (which I don't like), and provides medium coverage. Without setting powder, this looks and feels very, very greasy, and is not transfer proof. With setting powder, this looks good (not great, just meh), but still feels quite greasy, at least for my taste. I wouldn't recommend this at all if you have oily skin, not even on winter.
Another con about this product: it clings to my dry patches like crazy. So, if you have dry patches, I wouldn't recommend this to you either.
I noticed that this settles into fine lines like crazy if you don't set it with powder, specially on the smile lines. It makes me look 20 years older, literally. On the side of my face that I powdered, I didn't notice any settling. If you have wrinkles and fine lines, apply carefully, and don't forget to set it with powder. I have to say this, though: I don't recommend this foundation to you either if you have mature skin. It's way too thick.
I can't say anything about it's durability, since I only had it on my face for about three hours and I'm already dying to take it off.
As a professional, I would only use this on clients with dry skin without any dry patches. I will use this but I won't buy this again.