L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow 24HR Foundation

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow 24HR Foundation

3.5

WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ALCOHOL DENAT. PHENYL TRIMETHICONE GLYCERIN PEG-10 DIMETHICONE BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE DIMETHICONE MAGNESIUM SULFATE ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE TALC SILICA PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE MAGNESIUM STEARATE SILICA SILYLATE DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL ALUMINA BHT SODIUM CITRATE TOCOPHEROL ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL MAY CONTAIN TITANIUM DIOXIDE IRON OXIDES BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE

on 1/17/2017 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I recently discovered the world of youtube re: makeup reviews. Since this bad boy was EVERYWHERE on youtube as the best foundation of 2016 or best drugstore find, I almost immediately ran out and grabbed it. I have quite dry skin in the winter time and I thought this would be perfect because they all talked about how it was luminous and hydrating. Let me tell you... it was not luminous OR hydrating on me. It dried down to basically a matte finish and clung to every dry patch anywhere on my skin (and my skin is not bad). I so badly wanted to love it so I tried it pretty much every day for about a month. I used different primers, i used no primer, I used different setting powders then no powder, but to no avail. Not only was it drying, but my nose would STILL be shiny after a few hours (huh?). I also think it's reacting to my skin, as I found these little bumps around the corners of my chin that i've never had before. I didnt clue in that the only thing i changed on my face consistently in that area was this foundation. I'm sure it works well for others but for me, it is definitely a no-go. I'm going back to my dr. jart bb cream. Tried. Tested. And True.

on 1/13/2017 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My perfect winter foundation. I use the shade 204 Natural Buff, which is a dead on match for my winter skintone. The formula is a little runny (compared to the pro matte foundation) and I don't find it to be particularly illuminating. It dries to nice natural finish on my skin and I don't need to set with a powder except for under my eyes. I first tried this foundation during the summer when my skin was more oily and absolutely hated it, but now that my skin is drier I find it works much better. It's a solid drugstore foundation that I'd recommend to anyone with normal to slightly dry skin.

Pros:
Natural finish
Medium coverage, buildable to full
Doesn't oxidize
Long wearing
Blends easily
Won't cause breakouts

Cons:
Clings to dry patches
Tends to emphasize pores
Not many shades available for very fair & very deep skintones

For the winter my skin was incredibly dry so I switched from my go to favorite (maybeline fit me: matte & poreless) to this gem. LustreLux reviewed it on her channel and when I saw it I knew it was supposed to be pretty good. I love it. Color is great and it's thin (I love that) but covers enough and is really smooth. Only issue is it doesn't wear all day so reapply is crucial. Overall, would repurchase

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

TL;DR Doesn't give me a glow, clings to dry patches, and may cause breakouts (after prolonged use).

I have really dry skin so I figured this would be perfect for me. After going through my skincare routine and priming my face I'll apply this with a beauty blender sponge. I'd say the coverage is more so sheer than a medium; it is build-able, though. It definitely lasted me throughout the day and was really easy to apply.

However, it does not make me glow at all. I'd say it has more of a natural- leaning towards matte- finish on me but having dry skin I was hoping for the glow. My sister has also tried this foundation and noted that it gives her a nice glow but her skin is more comob-dry so take that as you will. It also clings to dry patches.

However the biggest thing that has now turned me off to this foundation is that it may cause breakouts. To preface, I started regularly wearing this foundation when I was still dealing with some pimples on my forehead from Cerave. At this point I figured the acne would be gone in a day or two (that's where I was with them, just two small red dots on my forehead). I wore the foundation daily for around 5 days and noticed that my acne didn't get better, instead it seemed to get worse. Not only had they doubled in size (from the tip of a blunt pencil to the pencil's eraser) and grown redder, but I noticed some new red dots had cropped up. By chance I watched a YT video on a guru*'s least favourite drugstore foundations and this one was mentioned. The reason being anecdotal evidence that after a few months of multiple of their friends using it, it caused them to have breakouts. As a result I was suspicious and promptly stopped wearing this foundation for a few days (two days to be exact, going on third as I write this) and today I noticed that the newer red dots have disappeared and the two main pimples on my forehead have reduced to the size they were before I started using this foundation daily.

While correlation does not equate to causation, I am weary to go back to using this foundation and would recommend others to be careful about prolonged use.

On my second bottle and it's great. My NC15 skin works well with color 202, actually L'Oreal matches me better than the MAC shade. This blends well, looks natural and lasts. I'm normal to slightly oily and for the fall/winter, I've had no issue with this. No color change over the course of the day, and no transfer or migrating despite not using powder over the top. It also feels light on my skin but covers medium to a bit more. I wish the matte version had a similar color because I'd buy that for summer time.

I have been loving this foundation! I have normal/combination skin and this has been working well for me. It doesn't cling to dry patches, it looks beautiful and natural, and it lasts ALL DAY. Literally. All. Day. I did my makeup at 9am, worked, went to class, took a nap, went to dinner, and didn't get home until late. It was a little after 1 am when I took my makeup off and it still looked awesome. The only reason I took a lippie off is because I do seem to get oily on my nose a lot faster with this foundation compared to others. It does hold up well through blotting though. Overall a great foundation. May be my new favorite.

I was surprised at how much I liked this product. I'm almost out, and I will probably buy it again! I have combination skin, and I felt that this foundation made my face look luminous without looking very oily. After wearing it for most of the day I would have to touch up with powder, but overall I really like this foundation.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I HATED This foundation. I bought it after watching a few of my favorite you-tube makeup gurus rave about it. I have never written a positive or negative review about any product- but I thought this was so bad that I wanted to share. I noticed immediately how orange this made me look. Then I noticed how dry, aged, and dull this made my skin look. I didn't notice anything luminosity AT ALL. It also made my pores look huge. After only a few hours, I noticed bumps all over my skin. When I took it off my face was so red and I never have red pigmentation on my face.

Overall, nice natural finish with medium coverage. Very dewy and glowy, not greasy but can somewhat emphasize pores in the T-zone after a few hours of wear.
PROS:
- Hydrating
- Lightweight
- Good coverage yet still looks natural
- Good shade range, not too pink
CONS:
- A bit expensive for drugstore product
- Definitely not long-wearing, looks good for about 4-5 hours
- Packaging is horrible, it can leak if not stored upside down

on 1/1/2017 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have dry skin with an olive undertone. Saw all the reviews on this foundation and was excited to get my hands on it. I was closer to shade 204 cuz 203 made me look pink and 202 made me look like I was dead. Anyways tried it on with my sponge and looked beautiful . Coverage looked good , color was good, and it ha d a nice glow. Throughout the day my face felt dry but looked greasy. How you may ask....li don't know. Got home looked in the mirror and man did it oxidize!!!!!! I looked so orange!!!!! Gave it a few more tries with diffrent moisturizers and primers .... Same result. So I finally got rid of it. Waste of money and overhyped