L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow 24HR Foundation

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow 24HR Foundation

3.3

WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ALCOHOL DENAT. PHENYL TRIMETHICONE GLYCERIN PEG-10 DIMETHICONE BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE DIMETHICONE MAGNESIUM SULFATE ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE TALC SILICA PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE MAGNESIUM STEARATE SILICA SILYLATE DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL ALUMINA BHT SODIUM CITRATE TOCOPHEROL ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL MAY CONTAIN TITANIUM DIOXIDE IRON OXIDES BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this foundation and I have oily skin. When it says it is Infallible 24hrs it really is, depending on how hectic your day is and how oily your skin gets (for me I just blot in the middle of the day and I'm good from morning until night). The strange thing about this one is that although it provides a glowy healthy looking finish, it is not oily at all. It dries down to the touch completely about five minutes after application but it looks very natural and radiant, like real skin.
The consistency is super watery and thin, hence why I would prefer this came in a bottle with pump dispenser packaging. The coverage is medium to full and it does oxidize about a shade darker as you wear it but it doesn't look strange on me because I have warm undertones. I highly recommend it! But wait for a sale as this foundation is kinda pricey for drugstore (as most L'Oreal products are). I bought mine on Black Friday for $5

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

For starters, it's super watery and pours right out of the tube which makes a mess. The consistency is very thin and the coverage is minimal, yet you can definitely tell there's foundation on my face. I have very dry skin so I thought this would be great for me, but it wasn't. It tends to look cakey and greasy. There's no way this could last 24 hours. It doesn't set well and transfers.

I’ve worn this for a full day, so wanted to write an initial review. I may edit if anything changes, but so far my thoughts are very positive.

About my skin: late 30’s, Classic combination with a very oily t-zone but dry cheeks, slight hyperpigmentation and enlarged pores around my nose. Otherwise, skin is quite clear with minimal texture and no wrinkles.

I am light-medium with neutral to very slightly-golden undertones. I was initially eyeing color 205, but ended up getting 204. 204 blended in quite well - it did have a slightly peach cast in certain lighting, but didn’t look too off.

I prepped my skin with Charlotte Tilbury’s Magic Cream and her Wonderglow, and then applied this foundation with a damp knock-off beauty blender sponge. I used maybe 3 pea-sized squeezes to cover my entire face. I stippled and rolled the sponge to apply. The Concealer that I used with it was Maybelline Age Rewind. Then, I took a big brush and gently rolled the Pro-Glow powder on top to set, but you could probably also use any powder.

The finish is quite luminous - reminds me a bit of Armani Maestro Glow. Coverage is about medium. I would say if you have a lot of texture or blemishes this might not cover everything. As others have mentioned, the texture of the foundation is runny, so be sure to apply in portions of your face and work quickly, and not set the foundation tube on its side while open.

Anyway, I do quite like Pro Glow. It wore decently through the day, and even though I have a cold and kept blowing my nose, it did not rub off too much. I hope it won’t give me the breakouts that other ladies have experienced.

For a drugstore foundation, I am pretty impressed and would recommend.

on 11/7/2017 11:10:00 AM

this cast a yellowish hue on my face. didn't look natural. won't buy again

on 10/29/2017 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is very similar to Giorgio Armani Luminous silk. I wear them interchangeably. I have flaky dry skin and this is the one of the only foundations that don’t emphasize my “scales”. It’s not perfect on my skin but it’s the best I can find in the drugstore for now. This foundation does need to be set with powder.

on 11/7/2017 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really wanted to like his because I felt like it would look natural. It goes on so beautifully. It looks so natural. Sadly I have combo skin and this did not hold up well on my skin. I looked like an oil slick on and around my nose even after baking. So disappointing :(

on 10/10/2017 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this lovely foundation for about 3 weeks now, alternating with my IT CC Cream, and I must say I've really been enjoying it. I love the smooth, light feel, nice coverage and satin-y finish. It applies so easily and blends out seamlessly. Found a good color match right out of the gate. I'm 58, my skin is pretty good but can be a bit dry in spots and I need a medium coverage- this fits the bill. No breakouts at all, and feels comfortable for my 14 hour day. Reasonably priced and the container is a joy to use and travel with. Not sure why people who haven't even used this are giving bad reviews?

on 10/10/2017 10:04:00 PM

I was going to try this but see people complaining about breakouts. It's the Bismuth in the ingredients. What a shame.

on 9/23/2017 12:17:00 PM

One my favorite drugstore foundations. This foundation is very light in terms of consistency but pigmented. Perfect foundation for daily use to give that "my skin but better look". I usually blend this out with a wet beauty blender then apply a translucent powder to set it. No funny smells and matches my skin tone quite nicely. I'm an NC25-30 and I use number 104 of the pro glow foundation.

on 9/18/2017 10:18:00 AM

first off, if you cannot deal with a runny mess, I definitely wouldn't recommend. It personally doesn't bother me that much, its tolerable, but this foundation is very liquidy, almost serumy. A girlfriend of mine recommended this to me, and she has already beautiful skin, whereas mine is combination/acne/sensitive, so I was a little wary to try this, but honestly I didn't hate it. This is lovely as a dewy beachy glow bronzed goddess effect, or for a natural look. I set it with a little bit of setting powder just to absorb some of the dewiness, as my skin makes the foundation dewier throughout the day, it just balances it out for me. I have this in a darker shade for when I'm more on the tan side, and do not use this foundation daily. I'd buy this again, just for beachy look purposes. A bit expensive, and you have to buff buff buff this stuff out if you're using a brush, a beauty blender feels a little too much for me with this.