Jeffree Star Beauty Killer eyeshadow palette

Jeffree Star Beauty Killer eyeshadow palette
Jeffree Star Beauty Killer eyeshadow paletteJeffree Star Beauty Killer eyeshadow paletteJeffree Star Beauty Killer eyeshadow paletteJeffree Star Beauty Killer eyeshadow palette

3.2

on 5/2/2017 5:25:00 PM

I am going to rate/discus the colors separately below. Overall I think it's a nice palette. The only reason I would not repurchase it is because I would rather get the newer palette (Androgyny I think it's called) instead. I would have rated this higher if the colors looked the same on me as they do in every video/picture I have seen. Not sure why it's so different (maybe lighting?) but even in the palette itself, the colors look slightly different. However, for me the palette is worth it almost for the hot pink color alone. I've never seen a neon color so consistent, easy to blend and beautiful.

Star Power (hot Pink) Gorgeous hot pink, very blendable especially considering it's a neon matte color.
Princess (Pink-lavender shimmer) pretty color, nothing too special though
Violence- on me it does not translate the same as I've seen it on others, looks more like a bright plum opposed to the color you see in the pan
Rich bitch- this is another that comes off a little differently on me.. it's not a straight up sparkly gold.. to me it looks like an "antique"/dirty gold. still pretty
Courtney- looks orange-y on me.. similar to "Beach smoothie" from Makeup geek... nice transition but not my preferred (i like the transition colors from the UD Naked 3 palette best)
Expensive- deep teal-ish color... matte base but glittery... it's okay. would be better with a satin base instead of matte, IMO (like Urban decay's consistency)
Confession- rust color... wish it was a little more pigmented but it's okay
Vanity- nice very dark plum color, very smooth considering how matte it is
China white- very light cream color... not really white. it's okay
Black rainbow- pretty in the pan... doesn't really translate well onto the eye, as most eyeshadows with this concept don't (matte dark base w/ glitter)

The colours are not true to what you see in the pan and the staying power is non existent. I applied Princess and Violence to my eyes and within 3 hours they were all but vanished. No sign of the deep purple you see in the pan! A big fat disappointment. How are all those bloggers and youtubers doing those great looking swatches? The product does not behave like that in real life when used with brushes.

on 12/12/2016 12:59:00 PM

First, the shadows crumble. Crumble. -way too easily. Mine arrived with the lovely Vanity shattered and dispersed throughout the entire [mail] packaging. I was trying to clean up the 'liberated' pigment prior to shipping back for a refund and other shadows fell apart in small (to be fair, truly small) CHUNKS from ever so barely dusting them clean with a wavering paper towel. ....ie. No pressure applied, I was holding one end of the open/flat paper towel while the free end all the way on the other side gently passed over the surface of the palette. Extrapolating from this experience, I'd argue you could absolutely destroy the palette in one touch of a feather duster.

Seriously though, if you can accept paying $40+ for technically-pressed pigments and the implications therein, the shadows aren't bad. I'd say it was a 50:50 split between satisfied and underwhelmed when it came to performance. Rich Bitch may irritate with it's spongy texture and large particle size. But I knew of it's characteristics prior to ordering, so no points off for that.

Courtney and China White - the tan and off-white matte, respectively - are both lovely. Black Rainbow was one that I was excited for and it didn't really disappoint; that said, it's about 98% matte black and 2% rainbow glitter. I know larger particles mean less stability and thus, I could never have my way, inverting those percentages, but surely there's a happy medium between reality and the ideal.

All of the other shimmers were. Shimmers. The finish and texture of Confession, Expensive, Violence, etc. are all identical. This may be a pro or a con, depending on the individual.

I agree with those who have stated that the packaging seemed like a last-minute, hurried and corner-cutting venture. For the record, I don't necessarily object to cardboard packaging when it's done well. But... clearly.. based upon the condition of my shadows upon arrival. Yeah.

Oh! Star Power. The pop I presume many would look forward to. It was alright. Not spectacular, but I was able to achieve the large majority of what I wanted with it. Some have mentioned that it can stain the lid - I did not experience this.

Would I recommended it, barring collectors and fans who want Jeffree's products because they were made by Jeffree? Firm no.

on 12/5/2016 2:47:00 PM

I was so excited to get this product, but unfortunately I am so disappointed with it.
The shades are not pigmented, they have awful fallout and the darker shades are a pain to blend.
China white is possibly the only very pigmented shade, but it is powdery. And white is also a very common colour which I have in practically every other palette I've brought.
I was so excited to try the brighter colours after seeing fab reviews on them. I am very disappointed. There is very little colour pay off.
I used these eyeshadows with both urban decay primer potion and just concealer, neither made a difference in the overall quality.

Overall, this is not worth the money. I love Jeffree, 8 love his lipsticks and highlighters, but this product let him down. I have £4 palettes which are better quality.
I do like the range of colours and the packaging. The palette is sleek and perfect for travelling. I like the overall layout and pan size of the eyeshadows, it is a great idea, the formulation just let it down.

Won't be repurchasing.

on 2/4/2017 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The first thing I want to say about this palette is that it's huge. When I opened up the box I could not believe how big it was. And the pan size is so amazing too. I mean with to me its already worth the price! But then I tried the shadows and fell in love. They are so buttery and pigmented, it was high-end for sure. I was reading a lot reviews and reactions prior to purchasing the palette and a lot of people were upset about the color scheme. First of all, there are so many different looks you can create with this palette. I had so much fun trying it out. Also we don't need another nude palette. We need something fresh and fun. Something out of the ordinary which is what is Jeffree Star is. It blends so amazing and every color came through. His signature pink look which made a debut in this palette as the color 'Star Power' is revolutionary. So pink. SO pigmented. It's to die for! You have your classic transition shade 'Courtney which really is a staple to have. Then you have the beautiful creamy white color 'China White' that I use everyday. It comes with three different formulas: Matte,glitter, and frost. It also include a mirror. This is definitely a must have and I recommend it 100%

on 2/15/2017 6:21:00 PM

I love this palette! It's so different and fun to experiment with :D There are so many palettes out there that have your basic neutral colors, that most people are used to. This is not one of those.

I'd say if you're not an adventurous person with your makeup, this palette is not for you. Anyone who follows Jeffree Star on IG or Youtube can tell you he makes a statement when it comes to his bold, vivid and daring makeup looks. If you want to create looks that challenge your artistry and creativity you will have a blast.

Jeffree is also known for his dedication to putting out high quality products and this is no exception to that.The texture of these shadows are very buttery and well-pigmented. From bright pink (Star Power) to a matte black w/multi colored glitter (Black Rainbow), to metallic teal (Expensive), etc. the possibilities are almost endless.

I don't think this palette would be well suited for beginners since you need to know many techniques to achieve the maximum potential for some of the shades. For example (Rich B÷×+%) a beautiful metallic gold color, needs to be applied with a base, another product, or dabbed on with your finger for it to really give you the extreme gold colored pigment you see in the pan.

Another plus is that you get so much product in the palette. More than I've seen in any other. I can see this lasting me a longggg time, so I believe its well worth the price.

I have used the shade (Princess) a light frosty pink color as a highlighter on my cheek bones and it was beautiful! (Courtney) peachy brown mixed with (Star Power) also looks lovely when applied lightly as a blush. ❤

P.S Don't use cheap brushes with this palette, since the texture is so soft you will waste product and get a terrible application experience. Invest in good quality, soft bristled brushes ladies and gents! You deserve it! XoXo

on 10/19/2016 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Not a terrible product but not something I'd repurchase. There are some shades that are super useful and multi purpose here like Courtney (a neutral peach), China White (a matte off white) and Princess (a light pink with a subtle sheen). These three all go on soft and smooth and just look beautiful on. I have even used Courtney as a color corrector for a bit of bruising under my eye. Confession (a copperypink/brown) was smooth and buildable and even useable as a blush. I also love Rich Bitch as an all over gold glitter.

Honestly though some of the other shades I don't know what to do with. They don't go on true to what you see in the pan. Star Power and Violence just looked like I had allergies and certainly not like any sort of purposeful attempt at pink eyeshadow. Expensive came out very pale and barely there, while Vanity and Black Rainbow sort of just looked purple/grey on the skin. When I tried to build on them to make the show up more, all I ended up with was a whole mess of fallout.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Jeffree Star and his lipsticks exude quality and a love of makeup. I am just not sure that this particular product also feel like everything in it is the best he could have offered.

10/19/16: Edited because I forgot to mention a color. Also for clarity, I like this product just not every color equally.

on 8/29/2016 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Here's what you need to know about this palette before you purchase....
When I think palette, I think normally colors that go together and blend well together, I think of a "set"
That's not what this is, so initially I was disappointed, honestly basically none of these colors really blend well together, a few do, but I would hardly call the colors "cohesive" however if you change your mindset and expectations of a traditional palette, the review stars go up... If you need a perfect off white, this has you covered. A beautiful true hot pink? You're hooked up. The gold is above and beyond although it's chunky applied with a brush, if you use your finger it's highly pigmented. Vanity is one of my fav shades it's so great and versatile. Black rainbow is unlike any glitter black I've ever had it's very rich and the glitter actually goes on! Love it! The Metallics are great as well although I personally purchased for all of the other colors lol beautiful packaging and HUGE pans. Bottom line is for me I won't get the use out of this that I expected, I'll be a little more cautious with my next purchase if he puts out another palette. Shipping was fast.

on 8/19/2016 10:03:00 PM

This comes off as the cheapest, tackiest pallette and I regret purchasing it. All of the beauty bloggers must have been paid off by Jeffree himself to endorse his pallette. Pictures also make it look really pretty and that's why I bought it. In real life, it looks and feels cheap and I'm just disappointed in the quality.

There is no unity......is that not the point of having a pallette? What colors can I realistically use together? I mean yeah I dont really mind using different colors from different palettes all at once for my eye. But If you look at the most successful and popular palettes, they became highly regarded because you can create many different eye looks with the colors included. It creates versatility, and also value. There's none of that here.

Perhaps that's being nitpicky. Jeffree attempted to make a very unique pallette and sacrificed congruity for that, ok. But can we talk about the actual quality? It's awful. Why is there such huge discrepancies in quality between the different colors? The neon pink color will seriously STAIN your eyes, I don't even want to know what's in it that will make it do that. I felt horrified by my reddish pink eyelids and thought something was wrong with me! Rich Bitch? It's muddy, gross and gritty. I get that with dark colors, fallout becomes more noticeable than with others, but I feel like the dark shades in Beauty Killer have an abnormal amount of fallout. The black glitter is the worst and turns into a muddy grey that gets all over the place, and the glitter just falls out.

The taupe brown is a great transition shade or all over color and gets an A+, but how many good taupes do we already have in our collection? Probably way too many. and I also like the plum shade. But the rest are forgettable or just not executed well at all.

Jeffree star is a controversial figure. There's no way anyone can know the truth in nonstop "he said, she said" arguments, so I can't exactly make a judgment on him. I quite like his lipsticks, but after buying his pallette it just makes me wonder if he would be the type to cut corners with quality. Seriously, getting my skin stained is not cool. I would be worried about that with any indie brand.

2 lippies for the size of eyeshadow pans; it seems to be a good value. But I would stay away from this one. Just go get a vice pallette.

I bought this as an already Jeffree Star fan, with that said I knew this was his first ever palette. Any makeup follower knows first timers arent going to be THE best. But Im most disappointed in how many colors i dont use in it. I always use another palette with this one and for the price thats not reasonable. The pink is too pink because of how it stains, but that isnt surprising coming from JS. Rich Bitch is pretty but damn do you have to work it in to make it look that way on your eyes (i usually top it with KVD's new loose gold pigments). The dark purple is my favorite but the fallout makes it depressing. I not a much nude or matte fan so other than a select shades, this pallete is collecting dust at the moment. O bought as a collector item for the most part so I'll def get my moneys worth (eventually) but i wont buy it again, and dont highly recommend to avid makeup users. I dont see this being a first choice palette of mine anytime soon.