It Cosmetics your skin but better Illumination CC+ SPF 50

3.0

1 review

on 6/23/2016 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This CC cream is supposed to be an illuminating formula but frankly, it doesn't have much of a glow to it at all. I guess this is a good thing, given that my skin is somewhat oily and it doesn't give me super shiny, greasy looking skin. It has incredible coverage, almost too much, much more than my usual foundations (Armani Luminous Silk and Dior Forever Flawless). The light shade works well for my light slightly pink skin tone. It certainly wouldn't be suitable if you're not neutral or cool. There is no warmth to it at all, which works out well for me. This first time I used this formula, I did set it with powder, a mixture of UD Naked loose powder and Ben Nye Neutral Set (which really helps control oil). It did get rather cakey but it's hot here in FL and it's summer so maybe this CC cream isn't really the right product for this extreme weather. That being said, I do like the fact that it has SPF 50, which is really important here in the South. A little bit goes a very long way. I did use a damp RT sponge to blend it in and that seemed to work OK. I might try using a brush to see whether the finish is different. I've used this product twice now and neither time was I totally satisfied with its performance. It really is a foundation, not a CC cream, which I associate with a more natural finish. It does cover redness well but if you don't use a primer, it could very well settle in pores and fine lines. It was rather pricey, along similar lines as a high end foundation, so I'm not sure I like it well enough to keep it on hand. It didn't really give me much of a glow, probably because I have to set it with powder, otherwise it will simply slide off my face and end up somewhere around my neck and cleavage, lol! I haven't tried the non illuminating formula so I can't compare, but I'm assuming that the coverage would likely be even better. As it is, the coverage is more than I bargained for and it doesn't give me the natural ethereal glow I'd hoped it would. So I'm giving it three lippies because I truly can't make up my mind about it. I'm definitely on the fence. I don't know whether to keep it and see if it works better once the summer weather passes and I don't have to set my whole face with powder. I have an IT foundation brush and I might give it one more go to see whether I can sheer out the finish. It's just a bit too much for me. My skin is not perfect (whose is at 55) but this is more coverage than I think I need and the last thing I want is to look like I"m wearing a beige mask. Granted the color is pretty good, considering the limited range and I'm certainly used to finding foundations far too yellow, so this was a pleasant surprise. It truly is beige, not yellow or too pink. I"m not sure I"m going to keep it. It was a significant investment and if I'm going to spend $45 for a foundation, it better be perfect. I really like the Dior and Armani foundations I've been using for several years. I would like to have something illuminating but this formula has too much coverage to actually impart a glow. I recommend it cautiously. If you like full coverage, then by all means try it if you can find a suitable color match within the fair, light, medium and dark categories. But if you're looking for something with a glowy finish, look elsewhere or be prepared to whip out your highlighter and augment the finish.