no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I am a peel junkie. I love acids and scrubs, and I don't know why. When they come out with new ones, I always have to try them. Most I have tried are just ok. They don't hurt anything, but they don't make any difference either. This stuff is fabulous! This is a 3 step process. It does take awhile, so if you are looking for a 5 minute treatment, you will need to look elsewhere. Step 1 is the honey sugar scrub. The scrub has big chunks of sugar in it, so it may be too abrasive if you have sensitive skin. I tend to barely scrub with it, since I don't want to scratch myself, again. It smells yummy, and doesn't burn. The Vitamin C Step 2 feels creamy smooth putting it on, and then it can sting a little bit. Do not put it near your eyes if you have sensitive skin, or it can burn those with delicate skin. I learned this also the hard way, which seems how I learn most things. I wanted it to burn off my wrinkles. It just burned the skin, but left the wrinkles. ;) Step 3 is the cleansing balm. This seems odd putting a cleansing balm over the Vitamin C cream, especially since you've already cleaned your face before starting this treatment. You leave this on for a few minutes, and it calms down the Vitamin C cream. The full size kit comes with 2 thin sponges to remove the product. You just wet them, and they puff up. They are very soft and smooth, and do a wonderful job of removing all traces of the treatment. I rinse them many times to make sure I have removed all of the treatment from my face. Sometimes I just jump in the shower and rinse, just to be sure. I usually can get two treatments out of each pod. I put them in a ziplock baggie so they don't dry up between treatments. The box says to use 3-4 times per week, but I think my facial skin would not be happy if I did it that often. I typically use this once a week, or honestly, once a month, since it needs an hour to go through the steps, and that's hard to squeeze out of the schedule very often. But my skin just glows for days afterwards. I put on moisturizer, Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation, immediately afterwards. In the winter I add some Philosophy Miracle Worker to the mix, for more moisture. I have tried the Lemon Strip Peel, and it doesn't work nearly as well as this. The first time I tried Power Bright, I couldn't believe what a brightening effect it had on my skin. I immediately purchased the full size kit. You can buy the Step 1 sugar honey scrub separately in a 3.5oz jar for around $40. You can buy the Step 3 Cleansing Balm separately also. But, you can't buy the 25% Vitamin C Step 2 separately, which is a shame, since that's the most important part, and the 6 treatment kit sells for $55, and includes 3 separate pods for each Step, in 6 strips. Each pod has around .14oz, so buying a 3.5oz jar would get you four times the product for less money. But, I still buy it, since it does a great job of brightening. This is my holy grail brightening facial.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Straight, Fine

from

3 years ago

I tried this as a sample from Sephora and I'm so sad it took me so long to give it a go! The fact that they're stored in their own individual pods is awesome for vitamin C as I've heard it starts to break down once it contacts air and also light is not good for it either. Kind of sucks though because I dont think you get as much product per se typically when it's packaged like that. In any case, it worked wonders on my skin. It smoothed out every little bump that i had after just one use. It effect was quite lasting as well (I think i'm using a foundation that's causing little bumps on my chin so I can't tell if the effects only last a couple of days because i kept reintroducing the culprit after the fact or whether they just last a couple of days overall). But i definitely will be purchasing the full product when I'm done. I also really want to try the peel that ole has now!

About reviewer (121 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

from

4 years ago

This is a 3 step process: 1. the sugar scrub, it maybe a bit rough for some people, so use your usual scrub or Clarisonic, hey but I am thick, I can take it. 2. The 25% Vitamin C, I have build up a tolerance to 15% Vitamin C but still find the initial application stings for few seconds, if you do not have the tolerance, it may hurt or even burn, definitely stay clear from the eye area. 3. A clear oil-gel concoction to put on top of #2 after 15 minutes or so. Alas, after washing off, skin appeared clearer, brighter & plumper. That was 4 days ago and the skin is still good, now I don't even use liquid fdn, just sunscreen and a little powder fdn. Oh, there are 6 treatments in total all house in 18 individual capsules, which is excellent to ensure the potency of Vitamin C, and the treatment is good for face & neck with a bit left over for the back of the hands. Def. will re-purchase.

About reviewer (778 reviews)

Age44-55