Too Faced Born This Way Concealer

Too Faced Born This Way Concealer

3.1

INGREDIENTS: Water/Aqua/Eau, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Hydrogenated Didecene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Titanium Dioxide [Nano], Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Lactobacillus/Salix Alba Bark Ferment Filtrate, Phenoxyethanol, Alumina, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Juice/Cocos Nucifera Fruit Juice, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water/Cocos Nucifera Water, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Lauric Acid, Lauryl Alcohol Diphosphonic Acid, Lauryl PEG-8 Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methicone, Fragrance/Parfum, Pentylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Rhododendron Ferrugineum Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Tropolone, Yogurt Powder. May Contain/Peut Contenir ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 5/14/2018 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

When I first tried this, I thought it was too light coverage-wise. I had some trouble blending it and it would crease. I've played with it a bit more and am liking it better. The coverage is light, but it's buildable. I use a mini Beauty blender to blend it in. Although I powder immediately after, it still creases a bit (my only big complaint). I bought this after trying Shape Tape and finding it too heavy and drying on my undereye. Born This Way is much more natural looking and the tube doesn't get as messy as the Shape Tape one. The concealer does brighten my eye area and doesn't look cakey after a few hours I'm in the shade Light Nude and wear NC20 in Mac and Ecru in Estee Lauder Double Wear.

on 4/21/2018 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The new fairest shade is a bit too yellow toned for me (I am a MAC NC10, but only because the NC10 is a bit more neutral/warm toned than the other studio fix fluid foundations). I don’t find it gives great coverage either, and it creases like crazy, even after being set. I like it better than the Naked Skin concealer (which goes even more yellow on me and dries my under eye skin into a crepey hot mess), but I’m not sure that’s saying much. I actually think I look better without concealer than with this.

on 4/21/2018 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Worst conceler ever. This was recommended as a great conceler for dry skin. It freaking burned when I applied it under my eyes. Within seconds it was creasing. Do not waist your money on this. I am returning this.

on 12/31/2017 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For the price, it just does not give me enough. It seems hydrating at first application (you can smell the coconut water in it) and it is very watery but it dries out when blended and accentuates fine lines under the eyes.

I am always wary of concealers with a very watery consistency as I know them to dry out quite unflatteringly on the skin or stand out. For example, the UD naked skin concealer is watery but looks amazing under the eyes - however, I can not use it anywhere else on my face (to spot concealer for example) as it won't really blend under foundation.

This concealer does not offer much in the way of coverage and I mostly use it over a corrector unless i'm going for an extremely natural look.

Alternatives: Bareminerals Bareskin Concealer

on 11/25/2017 2:17:00 AM

The coverage and color selection of this concealer is great. Packaging and applicator are decent if not fairly standard. I love that this product is cruelty free and vegan. However, the strong artificial coconut smell makes my eyes water like crazy which is not acceptable when trying to use this product for under eye circles! I don't know what they were thinking putting that much fragrance in a product for your face. Truly a disappointment for me. But if your not bothered by extreme coconut scents, this product might work for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm pretty finicky about my concealers. I have very fair skin and reddish undereyes, as well as some acne scars and some redness around my nose. I've tried almost every concealer out there from Bobbi Brown to Nars Radiant Creamy to Glossier Stretch and they have all been too thick and cakey or too greasy. What I like about this product is that it's very lightweight, but it does exactly what it says -- it's radiant, hydrating, and has solid medium coverage.

I use this concealer in the shade Fairest and it works perfectly for my neutral porcelain skin! Most companies do not make a shade this fair that isn't disgustingly pink, so points for that. I dab about 2 light layers over my undereye and I find that my dark circles are covered, plus the concealer reflects light really well and gives me a more glowy, awake look. This covers blemishes and other little areas on my face really well, too. It doesn't make me oily or break me out, and because it contains coconut water and hyaluronic acid it works fine on dry patches too. I do not find that it completely covers my acne scars, but it diminishes them enough to where I'm comfortable. If I'm being honest, I don't care if people see my acne scars, but of course this is a matter personal preference. It doesn't really crease on me either, and I'm usually too lazy to set my makeup. And for what it's worth, I get compliments on my skin whenever I wear this!

Overall I have repurchased this concealer twice now and I will continue to do so indefinitely! It is a hefty price ($28!) but the product quality is well worth it in my opinion. There are more expensive, worse products out there. And for reference, I find that a tube lasts me about 4-6 months, depending on how often I'm putting on makeup. Give it a shot if you are tired of cakey, thick concealers!!

on 9/24/2017 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I find that it's light to medium coverage for an everyday wear. It blends so effortlessly without losing much coverage. I would purchase it again In a heart beat. Plus $20 isn't to bad for this product

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you have oily skin..do yourself a favour and skip this concealer. It's the type of product which will only sit on your face without doing anything helpful. I tried it with the Born This Way foundation and it disappointed me big time. I don't know if they are expected to work well together because i didn't see anything like that happening. It creases, it doesn't really blend into the skin or brighten up the look. It just settles into the fine lines and cakes up the look and clogs the pores, regardless of the setting powder applied on top.

on 8/20/2017 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE the formula. Just as the name "Born this way", it has very natural coverage and finish like second skin. Love the smell.
But i hate the color range ! The first 3 lightest shades are all PINKS. Very pink ! Lots of people have yellow undertone !! The lightest shade "Very fair" is not light enough to highlight. Can't use this. Too bad. Hope they would add lighter neutral-warm tone shades soon. Usually, the concealers are lighter than the foundation but this "Very fair" concealer is darker than lightest Born this way foundation shade "Snow". That is very weird.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Geez! So surprised by the bad reviews! My skin is light in tone and combo/ oily around my tzone. I apply this under my eyes, a dot on my lids, a few dots down my nose and on any blemishes on my chin. I blend with my fingers and set with powder. I personally really like this! I get that you need about 2 layers under the eyes for dark circles, but to me this looks great and cuts out the need for foundation. It looks natural and it is oil free and the shade 'light' matches my skin perfectly. I have repurchased, and my first tube lasted me around.. 6 months? I will continue to repurchase this!