Derma E Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask

4.2

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Seed Powder, Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract, Undaria Pinnatifida (Wakame, Kimarine®) Extract, Charcoal Powder, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb ™) Extract, Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract* (.1), Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Menthyl Lactate, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up at the health food store a few weeks ago because it was on sale and I like most Derma E products I've tried. In the depths of a Canadian winter, this really isn't a product for this time of year but come the hot, humid, sticky summer, I know I will really enjoy this a lot. I've used this twice but just on my nose (after slathering the rest of my face with a bit of oil). I let it dry and then massaged with damp fingers as the instructions suggested. Not a whole lot of difference but, as I say, at this time of year, my skin is dry and my pores seem smaller than in July. Even so, this didn't irritate or cause any undue redness so it seems to be a good product.

Just got this the other day- I love it. Not overly drying and I have sensitive skin. The mild exfoliators are nice too.

My friend got this in a beauty subscription box and really liked it and ordered a full size. When she told me about it I really wanted to try it. She has oily/acneic skin and last year I was suffering from bad breakouts and oily skin as well. My mom got this for me for Christmas last year and I used the last bit of it a few months ago. I don't feel like it did anything for acne or oiliness or pores. I did like that it was exfoliating but it got kind of messy during this part. I'm better off buying an exfoliator if that's what i'm looking for. It looks like this is around $18 which is a lot, especially since the bottle isn't that big, either. But I suppose I got at least 5 uses out of it. All in all, i'm sad I didn't really see any results like everyone else seems to and I would not buy this mask again but would try out other Derma E products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Just tried a sample of this for the first time last night. Most masks end up leaving my super crabby sensitive skin in a tizzy and dry - this one, did the absolute opposite! I left it on for the required 5 minutes (possibly a little more - put it on, shaved my legs first) - wet my fingertips and did the exfoliation thing and rinsed. Came off easily and quickly, and my skin feels AMAZING even the next day. I'm converted - ordered the full size this morning! Yay Derma E!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This mask makes the skin look and feel great. It goes on easily and dries pretty fast. I put it on five or ten min before the shower and then wash it off when I get in the shower. Rub warm water over the face to exfoliate with the product as you remove it. Makes the skin feel smooth and clean.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's the first mask that I've ever noticed immediate benefits with. I use it before cleansing my face and always feel a significant difference in the texture of my skin. It's so much softer and stays that way for days! It's not just a mask, but also an exfoliator. According to the directions, after 5 minutes or after the mask has dried down you're supposed to wet your fingers and then massage to get the apricot seed powder to exfoliate. I can imagine this exfoliation part would be too harsh for those with severely sensitive skin, but I have pretty sensitive skin as a result of acne medications and haven't had any severe side effects since using this mask. The only other con is that the tube of product is pretty small (1.7 oz for $20). Luckily I had purchased it on sale so it was worth it.
EDIT 9/16: Do NOT leave this on for more than 5 minutes. Start removing it as soon as it dries because the longer you keep it on, the more the mask stains your skin - if you're like me and have large pores, the charcoal/clay actually seeps into them and so you're left with a bunch of little black dots all over your face. It becomes incredibly difficult to wash your face clean after that.