Glossier Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Glossier Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)
Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)

3.7

Not tested on animals

It’s a really natural highlighter, but that’s why I like i like it so much. Goes in with the whole glossier enhancing-natural-beauty philosophy. Applies good also on light powders. Best if you first put it on your fingers and then pat on the highlight points rather than go directly on the face: I find there could be more product, but it is not that creamy stick type. It’s a stiff balm, so you get quite some usage out of it.

on 12/3/2017 8:51:00 AM

Not glittery, not chunky, not obvious. I am completely into this Glossier minimalist face. It's not even really shiny -just dewy, low-key highlighting. Perfect for cheekbones, cupid's bow, nose. I have no idea what is in the middle, but I got mine in Quartz and it's helping my ridiculously dry flaky skin look much plumper and healthier.

on 10/13/2017 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The Glossier Haloscope is a pearlescent and balmy textured highlighter that comes in three colours: Quartz, Topaz and Moonstone. I will be reviewing Quartz,which is a light pinky/champagne sheen. The highlighter is a circle that has an outer sheen with the highlight pigment, and a middle that is a balm made of sweet almond, coconut oil, castor oil, and sodium hylaronate. .

This highlighter is different from any other cream highlighter that I have used before. I will compare it to the Marc Jacobs Cream Highlighter because I believe they have very different formulas in a similar application style. Glossier is a stick designed to be swiped onto the face or dabbed on with fingers. I tend to use the highlight from the stick and swipe, as I don't wear foundation it does not disrupt it. It leaves a glossy sheen with slight reflective pigments. Its not shiny/metallic at all (Marc Jacobs is more metallic, so are the Becca Cream Highlights). It also does not have any glitter at all, more of a pearlescent sheen with minimal pigment. The Marc Jacobs has much more pigment so if its more of a pigmented colour metallic finish you are after I don't think this would be something that you would like and maybe try the Marc Jacobs?

The packaging is nice, very simple, but does get a little bit grubby and messy. I love that you can customize it with Glossier stickers, very cool. I have removed a point because of how difficult it is to get in Australia. I was lucky enough to have my sister bring me lots of products over when she visited America this year. Otherwise its pretty much impossible to get a hold of here. I think it is also very reasonably priced for the product, although more expensive per gram than the Marc Jacobs as you get nearly three times the product (although it is 62 dollar). Becca is definitely the most pricey/least value for money. For price and gram comparison:

Glossier Highlight $34.50 AUD (converted from US without country tax) 5.5g ($6.30 per gram)
Marc Jacobs Beauty Glow Stick $62.00 14g ($4.50 per gram)
Becca Cream Highlights $60.00 5.5g 5.5g ($10.90 per gram)

I think as a brand Glossier is something your either super into or think are maybe too cool for (because its very hyped at the moment). I am very into it, I am a sucker for their advertising, branding and merchandising. All very aesthetically pleasing. However there are products I genuinely love (and some I really don't think are worth it), and the Haloscope is one that I love. If you into a dewy glossy with a little hint of pearl this is for, if your looking for a metallic bam, then it may not be.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

A sucker for tubed highlighters & blushes, i bought haloscope in topaz. I have pale, olive skin, and the colour pay-off is okay. Sometimes it seems that im not wearing anything at all, but can catch a glimpse of a coppery-dewy sheen on the hollows of my cheeks when i catch a glimpse of my self in the mirror. I like the texture & the ease of application: no tugging or pulling. The fact that it is made of crushed minerals (topaz, i guess), totally sold me. Overall, $22 is a lot -- but when i run out, i will probably by another.

on 11/2/2016 2:21:00 PM

It doesn't show up and just makes me look SO greasy. Maybe if it didn't have the oil in the middle. Stick with Becca, it's so much better.

on 6/19/2016 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this highlighter in the color Topaz since I thought Quartz would be too light for my brown skin.

Just as Glossier's description states, this gives more of a dewy look than anything shimmery or shiney. Depending on the way the light hits, you DO get small hints of shine owing to the topaz in the formula, but for the most part you are just getting a sheen/glow. This would work best as an everyday highlighter or to be layered under something more intense.

Application isn't that tricky, but make sure to apply the product with your hands. Adding the product straight from the tube disturbed my makeup since it isn't so soft that it melts into the skin. It's better to warm it up with your fingers and pat it in.

I don't know that I would buy this product again as for me, it is just so so. I get more everyday glow using Revlon's Skinlights. Sometimes I can barely see this product on my skin.