Glossier Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Glossier Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)
Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)

3.3

Not tested on animals

on 9/25/2018 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've tried a lot of highlighters (liquid and powder) and this is what I've noted that makes Haloscope different...
- Quite sticky. Even compared to "green beauty" highlighters based on coconut oil. And it stays rather sticky for the rest of the day.
- I have the and moonstone, which is a silver toned highlighter with slight purple glitters. The glitters give a very cool toned look which idk suits my skin tone, but I still quite like it
- Aside from the glitters, this highlighter the dewiest one I've used. Gives that glazed donut kind of highlighter look... which I like
- I apply with my fingers instead of direct from the stick to the face because it makes base products move around as it's very sticky

Would I get this again? Sure. If only they shipped to my country. The only reason why I have Haloscope is because I asked my cousin to buy it for me when he was in America. I also don't really like the shade I got though because of the purple glitters. It's not really to my aesthetic. I'd rather get maybe the shade topaz to use as a bronzer, perhaps.

on 8/2/2018 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought quartz and I’m so glad that the pigmentation isn’t strong so that there would be a colorful streak on my face. It makes your skin look wet and multidimensional and doesn’t emphasize texture as much as powder highlighters normally do. I really like the balm in the middle because I think it diffuses the color and makes it look like an actual glow and not a highlighter sitting on top of the skin. It’s a bit pricey tho, but that’s how I feel about all of glossier’s products.

on 6/12/2018 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I own all three shades, and I wear the shade "Medium" in the stretch concealer and tint for reference. All three highlighters look great! I especially love the shade Quartz. This will NOT give you that heavily highlighted look - this provides more of a natural dewy sheen. It's not glittery by any means, it's pearlescent. I love wearing them to give my skin that extra oomph - it even looks great with no makeup at all. I truly recommend this product, as I have already made my friends buy it (they love it too!). The price might be a little much, but it's less than most highlighters on the market; for such high quality, the price is totally worth it.
It's $22, but you can use my link for 20% off your next Glossier purchase! You're welcome :) http://bff.glossier.com/hGeV4

on 4/1/2018 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to see all the hubbub about Glossier so I ordered the Boy Brow and Haloscope duo - I got Haloscope in Quartz because Moonstone looked too pale, and Topaz would show up as a bronzer on my skintone.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE. Quartz is WAY too ashy on my skin. I looked washed out and sallow, like Jack Skellington when he found out he couldn't be Santa. Quartz did not want to cooperate with me. I highly recommend Glossier developing a champagne-toned Haloscope that's somewhere in-between Quartz and Topaz.

It feels muggy on the skin. I think that texture comes from the core. Because of the thickness of this highlighting balm, swiping this on removes any foundation I've layered underneath it, so it really doesn't pair well with foundation.

Update 10/2/18:
My Haloscope somehow got stuck onto its lid and broke off, but now I can see how much product comes inside the twist tube (not much). I've only used this 3 times and never kept it in the heat, so it's ridiculous how flimsy it is to break off the base.

on 1/26/2018 12:38:00 AM

This is a highlighter/dew stick for those who don’t like the look of a strong highlighter.
I am 100% over heavy contouring, heavy brows, and heavy highlight on my own skin. I like it in others, but it doesn’t suit me. Haloscope gives me a nice fresh dew without looking like a disco ball. It feels like a moisturizer. I like it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have two of the three haloscope highlighters. To me, these are just a meh product... i don't hate them but i also don't love them either. This product is a good low maintenance highlighter... but be weary that it is quite thick and can look on the greasy side very easy. As i have oily skin, I find it is best to use this product on days when its less humid or my skin is on the dryer side, because this can go from cute to oily quickly!!

Love the haloscope! My favorite highlighter ever! My second favorite is the RMS LL and then the Becca liquid highlighters. Basically, my criteria is, it has to have translucency, so you can see the skin through it. The shimmer has to be invisible to the naked eye, it has to be dewy, but not full on greasy (Ciate dewy stick, looking at you). You basically should look healthy and moisturized. The haloscope does all this for me and it has great staying power on my combo skin. And it doesn't break me out! The cloud paints unfortunately do :-/

on 6/16/2017 3:49:00 AM

Update 06/26/17: After using this daily for the last 2 weeks, I'm bumping it up to a 3, maybe 3.5. Why? It's a great shimmer that doesn't fade. I still have to use my finger to blend out the highlighter when I apply it directly on my check. I've learned that can I can use my ring finger to rub a little product (avoid the oily core) and use it on the inner corners of my eye, under my brow, and cupid's bow. So in summary, great shimmer but I have to use a workaround. Ideally, this would be shaped like a Clinque chubby stick with no oil core so I can apply it directly to my face.

Like many others have mentioned, I really wanted to like this product. I have dry skin so I thought this would be perfect. I already use coconut oil as a moisturizer so I wasn't worried about breaking out as others have mentioned.

First, the size is big and awkward. For so little product, the packaging is big and bulky. Second, the large size of the highlighter leaves too big of a streak on my face (versus a powder that just touches the top of my cheeks or a liquid formula where I use my fingertips). So I end up having to still have to blend out the haloscope which isn't ideal since it's kind of oily. The moisturizing core actually creates friction against my face so the haloscope does not glide on smoothly. I also can't use it for the inner corners of my eyes because the stick too big. Lastly, it's not even that moisturizing.

Cons summary: bulky packaging, difficult to control, too large for smaller petite faces, not too moisturizing

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Really wanted to love this and I think this is better than Benefit's and Too Faced Highlights I've purchased in the past because my skin tone is on the olive/darker side. However, because I have drier skin, I need to make sure to moisturize thoroughly—especially in the wintertime otherwise this product looks cakey. If I apply this w/ a well moisturized face, then the product works great. The clear moisturizer in the middle of this tube is moisturizing but not enough for my face.

You also have to make sure to blend the product well and do it in natural light so that you're able to see how much you've applied—a little goes a long way. I do like the way this product looks when done right, but it requires too much time to do everyday.

I'd imagine I'd use this frequently in on vacations at the beach for a more intense glow but not too realistic in NYC winters.

on 2/26/2017 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Love the marketing and branding of this brand. This however is a miss for me. I got it in Topaz and it just makes me look like grease ball in just few minutes, nothing close to healthy glowing sun kiss skin. Maybe its for people with dry skin unfortunately its not for me.