Glossier Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Glossier Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)
Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)

3.3

Not tested on animals

on 4/1/2018 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to see all the hubbub about Glossier so I ordered the Boy Brow and Haloscope duo - I got Haloscope in Quartz because Moonstone looked too pale, and Topaz would show up as a bronzer on my skintone.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE. Quartz is WAY too ashy on my skin. I looked washed out and sallow, like Jack Skellington when he found out he couldn't be Santa. Quartz did not want to cooperate with me. I highly recommend Glossier developing a champagne-toned Haloscope that's somewhere in-between Quartz and Topaz.

On the upside, this highlighter feels like air on the skin - it didn't feel like I was wearing makeup.

on 1/26/2018 12:38:00 AM

This is a highlighter/dew stick for those who don’t like the look of a strong highlighter.
I am 100% over heavy contouring, heavy brows, and heavy highlight on my own skin. I like it in others, but it doesn’t suit me. Haloscope gives me a nice fresh dew without looking like a disco ball. It feels like a moisturizer. I like it!

Love the haloscope! My favorite highlighter ever! My second favorite is the RMS LL and then the Becca liquid highlighters. Basically, my criteria is, it has to have translucency, so you can see the skin through it. The shimmer has to be invisible to the naked eye, it has to be dewy, but not full on greasy (Ciate dewy stick, looking at you). You basically should look healthy and moisturized. The haloscope does all this for me and it has great staying power on my combo skin. And it doesn't break me out! The cloud paints unfortunately do :-/

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Really wanted to love this and I think this is better than Benefit's and Too Faced Highlights I've purchased in the past because my skin tone is on the olive/darker side. However, because I have drier skin, I need to make sure to moisturize thoroughly—especially in the wintertime otherwise this product looks cakey. If I apply this w/ a well moisturized face, then the product works great. The clear moisturizer in the middle of this tube is moisturizing but not enough for my face.

You also have to make sure to blend the product well and do it in natural light so that you're able to see how much you've applied—a little goes a long way. I do like the way this product looks when done right, but it requires too much time to do everyday.

I'd imagine I'd use this frequently in on vacations at the beach for a more intense glow but not too realistic in NYC winters.

on 10/6/2016 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Got mine in Quartz for my pale skin. The packaging is so perfect and simple. I just swipe this on my cheekbones and cupid's bow after foundation and blend with a brush. Light bounces so beautifully and gives me three-dimensionality in photographs. Definitely going to repurchase- but I won't have to soon. This lasts forever! Had for months and I've barely gotten through even a quarter-inch of product.

on 9/24/2016 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not for me. It never sets

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I resisted buying this for 4 days after its release but then I caved and bought Quartz because I'm drinking the Glossier koolaid (NC25 oily skin). Damn you Glossier marketing! Packaging is cute, I love anything that comes in a stick form as it makes traveling with the product and application way easy. Color is a barely perceptible light sheen on my skin, but I get the same look when I don't blot for a couple of hours and my skin starts to ooze grease. The oil core also leaves my skin feeling incredibly sticky. This product is best suited for those with dry skin who want a very natural glow. I'll stick with my Becca and Cover FX powder hightlighters instead.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Very expensive but lovely to apply. I have quartz and the color reminds me of a light pink highlighter I had in 2004 from Mabeline or Covergirl. It's subtle and very oily. It's a dream to apply, very smooth and nice. If you have oily skin this WILL make you break out. I have dry skin so it stays pretty well.
I also like the packaging - simple and it clicks. Reminds me of a gluestick. The shipping was also pretty fast and it came with stickers.

on 7/8/2016 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Totally fell on the Glossier hype train on this one. I am about an NC 35-40 and ordered Topaz because I thought the golden undertones of this would look better on my skin. This product offers, at most, a sheen, and only in certain lighting. I've tried everything to apply this to get a bigger effect. I've applied this directly from the stick, but it moves my foundation around. I've used my fingers. I've used brushes and beauty blenders and just can't get a really good glowy effect. On top of that, this product is kind of sticky. Sure, I guess you could top off with a powder highlighter...but why? What's the point of having to do that when this product is supposed to give you that dewy glow in the first place? Anyway, the most glow I get out of this is when I am not wearing any product on my face and even then, I get more of a sheen and not really a highlight. On top of that, the effect doesn't really last. If you're into subtly this may be for you, but for $22, I really don't think this product was worth the money. Very disappointed.