Glossier Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Glossier Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)
Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)

3.9

Not tested on animals

on 4/13/2018 5:30:00 PM

Hear me out!! This is one of my top 5 Glossier products that I think could work for everyone. I own Quartz and Topaz, and I love them both!
It has a very dewy and semi-sparkly finish, but not so intense that it looks like you’re caking on highlighter powder. This leaves a pretty and natural finish, similar to what I’d look like after sitting in the sun for a minute. It’s really beautiful if you’re going for a no makeup makeup look.

I swipe it directly onto my face and then rub my pointer and middle finger on the haloscope. I pat where I put it on my face in little circles, moving in a C motion from my cheekbones to the ends of my eyebrows. This technique has worked the best for me so far, and whatever foundation that I might have pulled is all blended by the time I finish dabbing with my fingers.

The light hits it just right and gives off such a dewy finish, I can’t stress that enough because my skin is so dry and it’s hard for me to achieve that! I love this and I’m convinced it will last forever, I’ve been using it for months!

on 1/26/2018 12:38:00 AM

This is a highlighter/dew stick for those who don’t like the look of a strong highlighter.
I am 100% over heavy contouring, heavy brows, and heavy highlight on my own skin. I like it in others, but it doesn’t suit me. Haloscope gives me a nice fresh dew without looking like a disco ball. It feels like a moisturizer. I like it!

on 12/3/2017 8:51:00 AM

Not glittery, not chunky, not obvious. I am completely into this Glossier minimalist face. It's not even really shiny -just dewy, low-key highlighting. Perfect for cheekbones, cupid's bow, nose. I have no idea what is in the middle, but I got mine in Quartz and it's helping my ridiculously dry flaky skin look much plumper and healthier.

To be honest, I initially bought this product on an excited whim after first discovering Glossier (and their cute packaging, etc.).
I received the product and immediately fell in love. This product gives me the perfect dewy ( not glittery) glow and is pretty easy to apply and blend. Thus far, I have only tried the Quartz.

Love the haloscope! My favorite highlighter ever! My second favorite is the RMS LL and then the Becca liquid highlighters. Basically, my criteria is, it has to have translucency, so you can see the skin through it. The shimmer has to be invisible to the naked eye, it has to be dewy, but not full on greasy (Ciate dewy stick, looking at you). You basically should look healthy and moisturized. The haloscope does all this for me and it has great staying power on my combo skin. And it doesn't break me out! The cloud paints unfortunately do :-/

on 6/16/2017 3:49:00 AM

Update 06/26/17: After using this daily for the last 2 weeks, I'm bumping it up to a 3, maybe 3.5. Why? It's a great shimmer that doesn't fade. I still have to use my finger to blend out the highlighter when I apply it directly on my check. I've learned that can I can use my ring finger to rub a little product (avoid the oily core) and use it on the inner corners of my eye, under my brow, and cupid's bow. So in summary, great shimmer but I have to use a workaround. Ideally, this would be shaped like a Clinque chubby stick with no oil core so I can apply it directly to my face.

Like many others have mentioned, I really wanted to like this product. I have dry skin so I thought this would be perfect. I already use coconut oil as a moisturizer so I wasn't worried about breaking out as others have mentioned.

First, the size is big and awkward. For so little product, the packaging is big and bulky. Second, the large size of the highlighter leaves too big of a streak on my face (versus a powder that just touches the top of my cheeks or a liquid formula where I use my fingertips). So I end up having to still have to blend out the haloscope which isn't ideal since it's kind of oily. The moisturizing core actually creates friction against my face so the haloscope does not glide on smoothly. I also can't use it for the inner corners of my eyes because the stick too big. Lastly, it's not even that moisturizing.

Cons summary: bulky packaging, difficult to control, too large for smaller petite faces, not too moisturizing

on 11/2/2016 2:21:00 PM

It doesn't show up and just makes me look SO greasy. Maybe if it didn't have the oil in the middle. Stick with Becca, it's so much better.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

THANK GOD a beautiful highlighter for people with darker skin. It's annoying that every highlighter out there is pale and chalky. This makes me look sun kissed and glowy but not greasy at all. It melts into my skin and the packaging is super nice and convenient

on 6/19/2016 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this highlighter in the color Topaz since I thought Quartz would be too light for my brown skin.

Just as Glossier's description states, this gives more of a dewy look than anything shimmery or shiney. Depending on the way the light hits, you DO get small hints of shine owing to the topaz in the formula, but for the most part you are just getting a sheen/glow. This would work best as an everyday highlighter or to be layered under something more intense.

Application isn't that tricky, but make sure to apply the product with your hands. Adding the product straight from the tube disturbed my makeup since it isn't so soft that it melts into the skin. It's better to warm it up with your fingers and pat it in.

I don't know that I would buy this product again as for me, it is just so so. I get more everyday glow using Revlon's Skinlights. Sometimes I can barely see this product on my skin.