Glossier Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Glossier Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)
Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)

Not tested on animals

on 5/16/2018 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Perfect for that “wet” highlighted look. No glitter in these, just reflective shimmer. I apply them straight to my cheekbones and lightly blend out the edges with my fingers.

on 4/1/2018 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to see all the hubbub about Glossier so I ordered the Boy Brow and Haloscope duo - I got Haloscope in Quartz because Moonstone looked too pale, and Topaz would show up as a bronzer on my skintone.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE. Quartz is WAY too ashy on my skin. I looked washed out and sallow, like Jack Skellington when he found out he couldn't be Santa. Quartz did not want to cooperate with me. I highly recommend Glossier developing a champagne-toned Haloscope that's somewhere in-between Quartz and Topaz.

It feels muggy on the skin. I think that texture comes from the core. Because of the thickness of this highlighting balm, swiping this on removes any foundation I've layered underneath it, so it really doesn't pair well with foundation.

Update 10/2/18:
My Haloscope somehow got stuck onto its lid and broke off, but now I can see how much product comes inside the twist tube (not much). I've only used this 3 times and never kept it in the heat, so it's ridiculous how flimsy it is to break off the base.

It’s a really natural highlighter, but that’s why I like i like it so much. Goes in with the whole glossier enhancing-natural-beauty philosophy. Applies good also on light powders. Best if you first put it on your fingers and then pat on the highlight points rather than go directly on the face: I find there could be more product, but it is not that creamy stick type. It’s a stiff balm, so you get quite some usage out of it.

on 10/13/2017 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The Glossier Haloscope is a pearlescent and balmy textured highlighter that comes in three colours: Quartz, Topaz and Moonstone. I will be reviewing Quartz,which is a light pinky/champagne sheen. The highlighter is a circle that has an outer sheen with the highlight pigment, and a middle that is a balm made of sweet almond, coconut oil, castor oil, and sodium hylaronate. .

This highlighter is different from any other cream highlighter that I have used before. I will compare it to the Marc Jacobs Cream Highlighter because I believe they have very different formulas in a similar application style. Glossier is a stick designed to be swiped onto the face or dabbed on with fingers. I tend to use the highlight from the stick and swipe, as I don't wear foundation it does not disrupt it. It leaves a glossy sheen with slight reflective pigments. Its not shiny/metallic at all (Marc Jacobs is more metallic, so are the Becca Cream Highlights). It also does not have any glitter at all, more of a pearlescent sheen with minimal pigment. The Marc Jacobs has much more pigment so if its more of a pigmented colour metallic finish you are after I don't think this would be something that you would like and maybe try the Marc Jacobs?

The packaging is nice, very simple, but does get a little bit grubby and messy. I love that you can customize it with Glossier stickers, very cool. I have removed a point because of how difficult it is to get in Australia. I was lucky enough to have my sister bring me lots of products over when she visited America this year. Otherwise its pretty much impossible to get a hold of here. I think it is also very reasonably priced for the product, although more expensive per gram than the Marc Jacobs as you get nearly three times the product (although it is 62 dollar). Becca is definitely the most pricey/least value for money. For price and gram comparison:

Glossier Highlight $34.50 AUD (converted from US without country tax) 5.5g ($6.30 per gram)
Marc Jacobs Beauty Glow Stick $62.00 14g ($4.50 per gram)
Becca Cream Highlights $60.00 5.5g 5.5g ($10.90 per gram)

I think as a brand Glossier is something your either super into or think are maybe too cool for (because its very hyped at the moment). I am very into it, I am a sucker for their advertising, branding and merchandising. All very aesthetically pleasing. However there are products I genuinely love (and some I really don't think are worth it), and the Haloscope is one that I love. If you into a dewy glossy with a little hint of pearl this is for, if your looking for a metallic bam, then it may not be.

on 8/11/2016 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm loving this highlighter. Doesnt look too shimmery glitz. It make your face really glow & healthy. And it looks soo natural. But i don't think this highlighter have a lasting effect. Just hope they didn't put coconut oil in this cos coconut oil can clog your pores.