Glossier Haloscope (ALL COLORS)

Glossier Haloscope (ALL COLORS)
Haloscope (ALL COLORS)Haloscope (ALL COLORS)

3.4

Not tested on animals

Use this code for 10% off :) http://bff.glossier.com/hB8JM I am not using makeup, but Moonstone (+boy brow) is something different. Love that natural glow and “wet” look. Best highlighter ever :)

on 1/26/2018 12:38:00 AM

This is a highlighter/dew stick for those who don’t like the look of a strong highlighter.
I am 100% over heavy contouring, heavy brows, and heavy highlight on my own skin. I like it in others, but it doesn’t suit me. Haloscope gives me a nice fresh dew without looking like a disco ball. It feels like a moisturizer. I like it!

I have this in quartz and it is a nice addition to my routine. It makes my skin look radiant without being too shiny or weird. I have had good luck with glossier's makeup so far, although I know the formula isn't for everyone. My skin seems to agree with it!

Use my bff code if you want 10% off http://bff.glossier.com/hqIV6

on 12/3/2017 8:51:00 AM

Not glittery, not chunky, not obvious. I am completely into this Glossier minimalist face. It's not even really shiny -just dewy, low-key highlighting. Perfect for cheekbones, cupid's bow, nose. I have no idea what is in the middle, but I got mine in Quartz and it's helping my ridiculously dry flaky skin look much plumper and healthier.

on 11/15/2017 8:03:00 PM

So disappointing. More like a balm than a highlighter, so if that’s what you’re after it might work for you. I wanted a simple cream highlighter to liven up my face. Maybelline Master Strobing stick is 1000 x better than this one. Or go for a NARS multiple or Becca’s fluid highlighters

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have two of the three haloscope highlighters. To me, these are just a meh product... i don't hate them but i also don't love them either. This product is a good low maintenance highlighter... but be weary that it is quite thick and can look on the greasy side very easy. As i have oily skin, I find it is best to use this product on days when its less humid or my skin is on the dryer side, because this can go from cute to oily quickly!!

To be honest, I initially bought this product on an excited whim after first discovering Glossier (and their cute packaging, etc.).
I received the product and immediately fell in love. This product gives me the perfect dewy ( not glittery) glow and is pretty easy to apply and blend. Thus far, I have only tried the Quartz.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't think it's a bad product. I like that it has a moisturizing middle part and a shimmery outer part. The packaging is quite bulky, but easy to toss into a handbag. I was sent the Moonstone one by Glossier, which is a beautiful white that looks a lot like the living luminizer by RMS or the Tata Harper one. Much like these products, it is very rich in consistency, like a balm stick. And for this reason, I don't use it as much as I'd like: I'm super oily, so this is way too nourishing for me. It feels a bit sticky and tacky; I like checking that I'm still matte throughout the day, and when I feel my upper cheeks and they're balmy, it's the same consistency as if my natural oils poked through, which is pretty unpleasant. This should feel nice on dry-skinned folks.

Love the haloscope! My favorite highlighter ever! My second favorite is the RMS LL and then the Becca liquid highlighters. Basically, my criteria is, it has to have translucency, so you can see the skin through it. The shimmer has to be invisible to the naked eye, it has to be dewy, but not full on greasy (Ciate dewy stick, looking at you). You basically should look healthy and moisturized. The haloscope does all this for me and it has great staying power on my combo skin. And it doesn't break me out! The cloud paints unfortunately do :-/

on 10/13/2017 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The Glossier Haloscope is a pearlescent and balmy textured highlighter that comes in three colours: Quartz, Topaz and Moonstone. I will be reviewing Quartz,which is a light pinky/champagne sheen. The highlighter is a circle that has an outer sheen with the highlight pigment, and a middle that is a balm made of sweet almond, coconut oil, castor oil, and sodium hylaronate. .

This highlighter is different from any other cream highlighter that I have used before. I will compare it to the Marc Jacobs Cream Highlighter because I believe they have very different formulas in a similar application style. Glossier is a stick designed to be swiped onto the face or dabbed on with fingers. I tend to use the highlight from the stick and swipe, as I don't wear foundation it does not disrupt it. It leaves a glossy sheen with slight reflective pigments. Its not shiny/metallic at all (Marc Jacobs is more metallic, so are the Becca Cream Highlights). It also does not have any glitter at all, more of a pearlescent sheen with minimal pigment. The Marc Jacobs has much more pigment so if its more of a pigmented colour metallic finish you are after I don't think this would be something that you would like and maybe try the Marc Jacobs?

The packaging is nice, very simple, but does get a little bit grubby and messy. I love that you can customize it with Glossier stickers, very cool. I have removed a point because of how difficult it is to get in Australia. I was lucky enough to have my sister bring me lots of products over when she visited America this year. Otherwise its pretty much impossible to get a hold of here. I think it is also very reasonably priced for the product, although more expensive per gram than the Marc Jacobs as you get nearly three times the product (although it is 62 dollar). Becca is definitely the most pricey/least value for money. For price and gram comparison:

Glossier Highlight $34.50 AUD (converted from US without country tax) 5.5g ($6.30 per gram)
Marc Jacobs Beauty Glow Stick $62.00 14g ($4.50 per gram)
Becca Cream Highlights $60.00 5.5g 5.5g ($10.90 per gram)

I think as a brand Glossier is something your either super into or think are maybe too cool for (because its very hyped at the moment). I am very into it, I am a sucker for their advertising, branding and merchandising. All very aesthetically pleasing. However there are products I genuinely love (and some I really don't think are worth it), and the Haloscope is one that I love. If you into a dewy glossy with a little hint of pearl this is for, if your looking for a metallic bam, then it may not be.