Glossier Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)

Glossier Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)
Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)

3.6

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you have dry skin, chances are you are going to love it.

It is so hard to find a nice creamy highlighter and so far the only other two options I enjoy are by Pat McGrath and Colourpop. Haloscope sits right in the middle; it is not too expensive and yet not what you would call affordable. You do not get much product here either, but! The formula is lovely, it glides right on and delivers a smooth veil of natural glow. It doesn't look shimmery or "obvious"; great for everyday wear when you want to look dewy but not shiny.

That is of course unless you have oilier skin. In this case, you would most likely need to set it with a powder highlighter. Personally speaking, I love this layering technique and find that adding a touch of your favourite pressed highlighter will take your glow game to a whole new level. I have a detailed review on this and many other Glossier bestsellers here (https://www.nayatilly.com/single-post/2019/03/10/Glossier-Bestsellers-Hits-Misses), hope it helps those of you interested in the brand!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I own all three highlighters, and I wear the shade "Medium 20" in the stretch concealer for reference (not sure what the equivalent is in the new shades though!). All of the highlighters look great! I especially love the shade Quartz. I have used highlighters that give a more intense effect, but you have to know that this will NOT give you that heavily highlighted look. This will merely add a beautiful, dewy sheen with a hint of shimmer to your face. It's not glittery by any means. It gives you a healthy, beautiful glow. I love wearing it when I do natural makeup, just to give my skin that extra oomph. I really recommend this product, as I have already made my friends buy it (they love it too!). I love moonstone as well, but I find that I can only wear it when I’m paler (in the winter), as the blue/purple-tones look a bit unnatural against my olive skin when tanned. The price might be a little much, but it's a lot less than most highlighters on the market. It's $22, but you can use my link for 10% off your next Glossier purchase! You're welcome :) https://re.glossier.com/94e9f50b

on 12/23/2018 10:55:00 PM

Very subtle effect. I wear almost no makeup, just brow pencil most days, and I add a touch of this around my eyes/cheekbones whenever the mood strikes. I like the soft, dewy texture of my skin wherever I apply this - it feels very, well, dewy on the skin! I notice the soft texture and subtle highlight even hours after applying.

on 10/5/2018 1:00:00 PM

*QUARTZ*
*I have sensitive,acne prone skin.I have a little it of redness on my cheek.My skin did NOT react to it at all.
It lasts a day, if ind it looks better when you wear it for a couple of hours.The product has no smell. The pigmentation is NOT like OFRA's powder highlighters instead of the highlighter giving a powdery,Powerful look it gives a 'my skin but better' glow,it does not contain chunky pieces of glitter instead it glistens.
I would recommend it for someone who wants a natural glow.
This is one of fav highlighters ever!

on 9/25/2018 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've tried a lot of highlighters (liquid and powder) and this is what I've noted that makes Haloscope different...
- Quite sticky. Even compared to "green beauty" highlighters based on coconut oil. And it stays rather sticky for the rest of the day.
- I have the and moonstone, which is a silver toned highlighter with slight purple glitters. The glitters give a very cool toned look which idk suits my skin tone, but I still quite like it
- Aside from the glitters, this highlighter the dewiest one I've used. Gives that glazed donut kind of highlighter look... which I like
- I apply with my fingers instead of direct from the stick to the face because it makes base products move around as it's very sticky

Would I get this again? Sure. If only they shipped to my country. The only reason why I have Haloscope is because I asked my cousin to buy it for me when he was in America. I also don't really like the shade I got though because of the purple glitters. It's not really to my aesthetic. I'd rather get maybe the shade topaz to use as a bronzer, perhaps.

on 8/2/2018 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought quartz and I’m so glad that the pigmentation isn’t strong so that there would be a colorful streak on my face. It makes your skin look wet and multidimensional and doesn’t emphasize texture as much as powder highlighters normally do. I really like the balm in the middle because I think it diffuses the color and makes it look like an actual glow and not a highlighter sitting on top of the skin. It’s a bit pricey tho, but that’s how I feel about all of glossier’s products.

on 5/16/2018 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Perfect for that “wet” highlighted look. No glitter in these, just reflective shimmer. I apply them straight to my cheekbones and lightly blend out the edges with my fingers.

Amazing. Can be as natural or noticiable as wished, has a lovely finish and looks great in pictures.

on 4/13/2018 5:30:00 PM

Hear me out!! This is one of my top 5 Glossier products that I think could work for everyone. I own Quartz and Topaz, and I love them both!
It has a very dewy and semi-sparkly finish, but not so intense that it looks like you’re caking on highlighter powder. This leaves a pretty and natural finish, similar to what I’d look like after sitting in the sun for a minute. It’s really beautiful if you’re going for a no makeup makeup look.

I swipe it directly onto my face and then rub my pointer and middle finger on the haloscope. I pat where I put it on my face in little circles, moving in a C motion from my cheekbones to the ends of my eyebrows. This technique has worked the best for me so far, and whatever foundation that I might have pulled is all blended by the time I finish dabbing with my fingers.

The light hits it just right and gives off such a dewy finish, I can’t stress that enough because my skin is so dry and it’s hard for me to achieve that! I love this and I’m convinced it will last forever, I’ve been using it for months!

on 4/1/2018 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to see all the hubbub about Glossier so I ordered the Boy Brow and Haloscope duo - I got Haloscope in Quartz because Moonstone looked too pale, and Topaz would show up as a bronzer on my skintone.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE. Quartz is WAY too ashy on my skin. I looked washed out and sallow, like Jack Skellington when he found out he couldn't be Santa. Quartz did not want to cooperate with me. I highly recommend Glossier developing a champagne-toned Haloscope that's somewhere in-between Quartz and Topaz.

It feels muggy on the skin. I think that texture comes from the core. Because of the thickness of this highlighting balm, swiping this on removes any foundation I've layered underneath it, so it really doesn't pair well with foundation.

Update 10/2/18:
My Haloscope somehow got stuck onto its lid and broke off, but now I can see how much product comes inside the twist tube (not much). I've only used this 3 times and never kept it in the heat, so it's ridiculous how flimsy it is to break off the base.