Clinique Happy

Happy

3.2

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Was gifted this set and unfortunately it didn't mesh well with my body chemistry. I really wanted it to work for me because for some reason, I like Clinique. Unfortunately it smelled like some kind of hospital disinfectant on me and mainly sprayed it all wily nily to use it up.

on 4/29/2014 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this perfume sprayed directly on my skin and It lasts all day. If you are sensitive to musky perfumes try this one but dont' over do it. Just a light spritz is all you ned. It gives me happy feeling seriously.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is definitely a classic although I don't used it anymore. I'm just not that loyal to perfume. I always recognise it when my friend is wearing it but unfortunately, it smells a bit like my grandmother (and not in a good way). She never wore it but it must be something about the spices she always kept in her wardrobe. It definitely lives up to its name though, a clean uncomplicated joyful scent.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Clinique Happy has been reviewed 1000+ times yet I want to add my two cents. Happy's main consumers seem to be women over 30 and girls under 16. I think it's because the women got it when they were girls and never stopped wearing it! It's one of those scents, to me, that is a safe bet. I have a 100ml bottle that's about a third of the way gone. I've had it for about a year and a half and I wore it daily for the first few months but let it sit for a while- it sort of got buried in my growing collection of perfumes because of the bland bottle and smell. I wore it again today and decided to sum up my thoughts.
Scent: I do not detect a significant citrus note. I am puzzled why it's always classified as a citrus. The scent certainly has a zing to it, but it doesn't have a heady "lemon" or "grapefruit" note. To me, Happy is a clean, white floral with a lingering sharp note of citrus in the background all tied together with soapiness.
Lasting power: It's bulky to carry my bottle around but the perfume gets good mileage on me. It's a sit-close-to-your-skin scent. I used to overspray because of that but quickly learned that it becomes quite overwhelming because of the sharpness. I spritz around my chest and in my hair and let it bloom.
Price: It is my understanding that at least in Canada, they hiked up the bottle prices by about $5. I found my bottle at TJ Maxx for $35. I wouldn't may anything more than that because it is an udnerstated scent.
Overall: I get compliments when I wear Happy, but it's a different kind of compliment than I get when I wear my usual spicy, woodsy scents. It's more of a "Mm, you smell nice." than a "My goodness, what are you wearing?!" Clinique's Happy isn't anything to write home about. I can understand why it makes some nauseous. Sometimes the notes seem poorly blended. But usually, it's a pleasant floral scent along the lines of Beautiful and Chance(to me). I wouldn't repurchase even if I ran out or would have bought it full price, but I can understand the while appeal this fragrance holds.

on 1/22/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

very nice scent..i got it free in a gift w/ purchase bag.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

A little goes a long way so it will last the average person quite a while. This perfume is pretty strong and for some may be a bit much but overall the smell is rather pleasant. The great thing about it is the scent lasts all day.

on 8/5/2010 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I will definately not buy this again...it sets my teeth on edge for some reason....nice smell that I fell in love with. As soon as I started using it I fell out of love for some reason and am not able to re-discover the first love. I have put it in the "use without care' section of my dresser.

on 5/23/2010 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I'm rating this a 4 because my absolute fave Clinique fragrance is Happy to be. I am no expert when it comes to perfume terminology, so you won't hear me trying to talk about base notes, top notes or whatever. But what I can say is that Happy smells a bit sharp when you spray it but it becomes warmer as the day progresses. It is a sure winner with men, I'm using Happy right now and have been for years. Comments have included " you smell like an angel", or as a guy hugs me he'll suddently go "mmmmmmm" and hug me tighter:-) My ex loved this and used to buy me bottle after bottle. Its a simply happy fragrance.. but Happy to Be is better (to bad they discontinued it)

on 5/22/2010 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Wow I'm seeing a lot of negative reviews on this and I must say that I love this fragrance. It is one of those fragrances that you could initiallly like and then for some reason begin to dislike and then miraculously like again. It is not an everyday perfume because your use of it would depend on your mood. But its nice and I find its a classic scent. A lot of perfumes are not distinct and often smell like another but this scent definitely stands out whether you like it or not. It very fresh and clean scented, not over powering yet not "watery". Its a good fragrance for any age. I bought one on BOGO and gave my mom one. Overall I like it!

on 5/17/2009 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I used to really love this but when I smell it now, it has a heavy, syrupy sweet smell. I guess it's okay for a day or two, but not for a signature scent.

Popular Fragrances