Clinique Happy

Clinique Happy
Happy

3.2

on 11/26/2016 2:45:00 AM

This smells like your great-grandmas kitchen: all-purpose cleaner wafting above a vase of grocery store carnations. It's intrusive and sharp. It's like a squeeze of those plastic lemons on top of a scented candle. It's a wonderful dryer sheet. Generic. If this is "Happy", I'd rather smell angry.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the first 'grown up' perfume I've ever bought. I used Nina by Nina Ricci all throughout my teenage years and, although it's a lovely perfume, I wanted something that was more mature whilst still being feminine.
There's just something about this perfume that is so utterly unique! I use it as my everyday scent and I always get so many compliments. It is unmistakably citrus-y with a hint of floral but there's something else that I can't quite put my finger on which makes this perfume so special. I must say that this is indeed a very happy scent and I feel it gives me a burst of energy when I put it on every morning.
I've seen a few people criticising the packaging of the product but I actually admire the simplicity of it - I think it's quite chic!
Overall I adore Clinique Happy - I think it's a nice middle ground between a young and a mature scent which can be difficult to find and it's unlike anything else I've come across! Don't knock it til you try it!

on 5/9/2015 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am not a fragrance expert, so I will not have anything to write about base notes and such like. But in my own (non-specialist) way, I can be very critical about perfumes, EDTs, etc. I will have about 10 at most on my favourite list and, yes, Clinique Happy is on it!

I find it a very wearable day fragrance - fresh, uniquely and only slightly floral, and citrus-y all in one. HAPPY is really a very suitable name for this scent. I am just disappointed to find that some people are not of the same opinion. Most people like it on me, but there will be some (men especially) who will find it too 'sharp' (strangely enough). Am not sure if I simply sprayed too much on those occasions. But as a result, I tend to be very conservative when spraying this. So I guess this would be my advice to others too. Cause I think this is an excellent and unique day scent when sprayed in moderation, but can be offensive if overdone.

I don't care much for the HAPPY spin-offs, like Happy Heart for example, which tend to be very 'common' in my opinion. I see the business reason for it: Clinique wants to capture a wider market by extending to more conventional scents. The original HAPPY has always been the best for me. Please do not discontinue.

on 5/8/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Not a particularly stand-out scent, but it's my go-to because it's so consistent and reliable. I'm not a fragrance connoisseur, so I won't try to describe it in specifics, but I find it a bright but light scent, refreshing and springy, but can be used most of the year because it's pretty balanced. It's not necessarily a scent that stands out, but I personally tend to prefer less noticeable scents, so this works well for me.

on 2/7/2015 10:23:00 AM

I really liked this when I tried it in the store, but after I bought it I hated it. It is really strong, and just one light spray seems to be too much. You know how when a scent is "right" you barely notice it on yourself? Well- I notice this one almost constantly, and not in a good way.

on 8/22/2014 4:44:00 AM

This fragrance sounded nice: an orange perfume for summer, but there is a very harsh note in it (I don't know what exactly) which made it impossible to wear.

on 8/18/2014 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got this as a sample. I love everything Calvin Klein, but have never thought much of the perfume selection. I'm more of a Calvin Klein underwear and bra girl, but some of the cosmetics and beautiful heels call me every once in awhile by this brand.

I got this as a deluxe sample and I would say it is very accurately named. It is just a happy, light scent. It is non offensive and I get nice compliments when I wear it. Currently it is in my purse as a back up for my deodorant in the summer months. I don't use anti-persperant and sometimes I get a little funky smelling. I try to carry a travel size deodorant, but sometimes I need a little extra. This helps immensely.

It isn't a full 5 lippie for me since it isn't a HG, but it is still very nice and worth taking a look (or whiff) at.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I thought this would be a lovely fresh summery scent, but to me it just smells cheap and tacky.... the smell irritatingly lingers.... i couldnt wait to wash it off. Just smells like oranges, but quite sickly.

on 12/25/2013 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was my first "real" EdP that I received as a gift when I was 17. Now, 9 years later, this is the only one I continually repurchase even though I already have a decent perfume collection. It's become my signature scent. I love the fact that you really can't put your finger on how to describe the smell. Despite any description of it, I don't find it to smell sweet, nor musky, nor fruity, nor flower-y... just "fresh." It's a great perfume for all seasons and when I don't know what to wear, I immediately grab for this. I think it's a must have in anyone's perfume collection.

on 9/28/2013 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Yes I will buy it again because I like it a lot but I'm annoyed at how this doesn't have any staying power. The fragrance itself is a fresh, clean orangey smell that is really wonderful, in my opinion. i couldn't tell you about the drydown because I have never smelled it. The fragrance disappears before there is any drydown. I thought that perhaps layering the fragrance with body products might help it last so I purchased the body cream and that is also a wonderful smelling product that loses its fragrance within 1-2 hours. Perfumes do tend to disappear on me but this one is miraculous in it's houdini-like composition.

Popular Fragrances