Clinique Happy

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Clinique Happy
Happy

3.3

Happy makes me Angry every time I smell it on someone. It's relentlessly banal, yet eye-wateringly sharp. It sits there in its smug little minimalist flask just ready to pounce on your sinuses with the strength of 50,000 artificial tangerines smothered in soap.

Look, I'm all for smelling "modern" and "clean" if that's your thing. I know soapy-clean smells with a citrus or tropical-fruit tinge have been very popular for nearly 20 years. They're everywhere, from BBW to Chanel. Happy was among the first, and I'll give credit where credit is due. It's also very strong, with tremendous staying power-- in most cases that's a plus.

But to my nose, Happy is horrendous. I can't be around someone wearing it without wanting to scream, "FINE!!!! I GET IT! YOU TOOK A SHOWER RECENTLY!!!" I certainly don't feel like smiling or breaking out into a tapdance. In fact, I want to beat someone up and make it stop.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Just a so so, somewhat boring product. For some reason I can't wear this anymore. If it weren't so popular, I might wear it occasionally, but it's one I would tire of within a week. But for what it's worth, it smells pretty nice on my skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Decent product to wear on for the weekends or nights out with the girls. The first spray was a little heady and headache inducing, but the dry-down is a nice citrus scent that is invigorating.

I'll finish the bottle but won't rebuy

Oh yeah!!! This is a lovely perfume. See im not a huge perfume fan but this right here makes me happy!!!

on 1/25/2016 7:02:00 AM

Smells bright and clean without being too harsh and/or dry like a lot of other citrus scents. I am hardly ever a fan of scents with citrus notes! Sadly, it doesn't work on me. I still love when I recognize it on anyone else though!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Whether you like this scent or not it can be described in two words... PLAYED OUT. The lady at the front desk has a deluxe sample size and as soon as I took a whiff of it I realized, "So THAT'S what I've been smelling on everyone and their grandma since the 90s.

Top notes - Fresh apple, plums and bergamot mixed with the fresh-air accord
Middle notes - freesia, lily, rose and morning orchid
Base notes - Musk and amber

^^^ For anyone who is wondering the notes but in all honesty most of us have probably smelled this on at least one person at least once in our lives.

I like this lil scent it really does feel happy and feminine.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great little scent just to go out for the day to do some chores. You might even get a compliment or two! :).

on 8/4/2015 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to love this, I love citric fruits like lemon and passion fruit, which is my favorite fruit, I come from the tropic and the orange color of the bottle makes me happy because it reminds me of the sun. But I ended up disliking it, the smell is too strong and it smells fake to me, not like a natural citric smell as I was expecting. A friend of mine hated it and couldn't stand it, since then I'm afraid to use it. I don't like it on myself, maybe it's just bad chemistry with my skin. I want to use it up, so I'll try using just a little each time.

on 7/29/2015 9:29:00 PM

it is a Happy smell for sure , the bottle should show a little more Happiness

Popular Fragrances