CLINIQUE Happy

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
CLINIQUE Happy
Happy

3.3

What a refreshing treat! I don't know if Happy changed, or I did. I used to HATE this fragrance, and even gave it a 1-lippie review on MUA a few years back as I found it to be sour, high-pitched, and annoying. But I got yet another of those 0.14 oz sample sprays in my recent Clinique bonus and gave it another go. I LOVE HAPPY NOW!

Yes, it is very sharp and soapy when you first apply. But it dries down quickly to a delightfully fresh citrus-floral. I detect primarily tangerine/satsuma + fresh-cut jasmine & gardenia. There is not a hint of heaviness or sweetness to this. It came out 3 years after Estee Lauder Pleasures and reflects the same hyperclean spirit. Just makes you feel uplifted and smelling like you showered with a wonderful boutique soap. My little sample bottle has come in very handy when I've had to work a double shift at the hospital without time for a shower.

Maybe the difference is that Happy is officially 20 years old now and qualifies as a true classic, not just a '90s trend that played out. As for it not being "sexy," well, I love those sexy thick Oriental and woodsy fragrances but my spouse does not. He thinks I'm sexiest when I smell clean and fresh! So sexy is in the nose of the beholder I guess.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Just a so so, somewhat boring product. For some reason I can't wear this anymore. If it weren't so popular, I might wear it occasionally, but it's one I would tire of within a week. But for what it's worth, it smells pretty nice on my skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Decent product to wear on for the weekends or nights out with the girls. The first spray was a little heady and headache inducing, but the dry-down is a nice citrus scent that is invigorating.

I'll finish the bottle but won't rebuy

Oh yeah!!! This is a lovely perfume. See im not a huge perfume fan but this right here makes me happy!!!

on 1/25/2016 7:02:00 AM

Smells bright and clean without being too harsh and/or dry like a lot of other citrus scents. I am hardly ever a fan of scents with citrus notes! Sadly, it doesn't work on me. I still love when I recognize it on anyone else though!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Whether you like this scent or not it can be described in two words... PLAYED OUT. The lady at the front desk has a deluxe sample size and as soon as I took a whiff of it I realized, "So THAT'S what I've been smelling on everyone and their grandma since the 90s.

Top notes - Fresh apple, plums and bergamot mixed with the fresh-air accord
Middle notes - freesia, lily, rose and morning orchid
Base notes - Musk and amber

^^^ For anyone who is wondering the notes but in all honesty most of us have probably smelled this on at least one person at least once in our lives.

I like this lil scent it really does feel happy and feminine.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great little scent just to go out for the day to do some chores. You might even get a compliment or two! :).

on 8/4/2015 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to love this, I love citric fruits like lemon and passion fruit, which is my favorite fruit, I come from the tropic and the orange color of the bottle makes me happy because it reminds me of the sun. But I ended up disliking it, the smell is too strong and it smells fake to me, not like a natural citric smell as I was expecting. A friend of mine hated it and couldn't stand it, since then I'm afraid to use it. I don't like it on myself, maybe it's just bad chemistry with my skin. I want to use it up, so I'll try using just a little each time.

on 7/29/2015 9:29:00 PM

it is a Happy smell for sure , the bottle should show a little more Happiness

Popular Fragrances