Clinique Happy

3.2

on 12/26/2014 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Received this as a Christmas gift in 8th grade - super light, breezy and citrusy. I smile whenever I smell this now! Wouldn't repurchase, but love getting whiffs of this every now and then smelling it on others. Classic fragrance all around.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this perfume after using Velocity from Mary Kay for a long time, I think they are very similar. I bought the Happy because the bottle on my other perfume bottle was very wobbly and off-set and has fallen (and broken) on several occasions. Happy is a very fresh scent, sort of summery and youthful. It is not musky or spicy smelling, it is more of a citrusy floral scent but not too heavy on the floral. This perfume has been around for a long time, I remember seeing the ads on TV when I was a kid and I have had several samples over the years and liked the way it smelled. The bottle is substantial and not very frilly. It is less expensive than some of the newer perfumes available, which is another reason I purchased it. It seems to last all day, I will find myself watching whiffs of it when I move around at my desk sometimes. I haven't had anyone complain or compliment the smell so I don't think it is particularly offensive to the nose or especially noticeable for other people around, which is nice when you work around other people as you don't want to overpower anyone with your signature scent. I would definitely buy this again but I don't think I will ever use up this whole, huge bottle since I have it in my perfume rotation (the large bottle was $30 cheaper than the small Dolce that I was going to buy!)

Ouffff I hate this perfume!! It is sickly sweet but not the cotton candy kind of sweet! More like an old lady headache kind of sweet. Gross

on 11/16/2013 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Happy seems to be one of those fragrances that people either love or hate. (others I can think of that have the same effect are Angel and Poison) I love it. I've kept a bottle on hand since it first came out, and though I've also used the variations (Happy To Be, Happy Heart), the original Happy is the one that I prefer. Like someone else wrote, I am often asked what I am wearing, and the looks on the faces of women who ask me is usually one of shock. I am light-handed when I apply any fragrance, so maybe that is the key to wearing Happy. It is very fresh and citrus-floral at first spray, but it is much warmer and muskier as it calms down. The bottle is straightforward and simple, much like the scent. A keeper for me.

A very nice, clean, dependable and inoffensive scent. Recognizable, but smells slightly different on everyone. Warning: the body lotion and body cream are stronger and not so nice.

BUY THE MEN'S VERSION. Even if you are a lady. Smells so much better, both on yourself, and to people around you. I received a sample of this, and wore it once before I threw it away. It didn't smell good in the bottle, and I really didn't like the smell on me. I was totally biased against the whole Clinique Happy line, until I smelled the men's version on an ex. Delish. Citrusy, warm, light, and almost no musk. Everything the ladies perfume should have been. I ended up buy the men's Happy for myself.

on 10/15/2013 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I HATED this perfume when I first smelt it, but something has changed and now I adore it. It has a very fresh orange scent to it which is perfect for the summer/spring time. While I wouldn't wear this for an evening out its perfect for the day time & I always get compliments on it when I wear it which is always nice :)

The only reason I wouldn't repurchase it is because I have so many perfumes, and always like to try new things. I've never been the type to have a signature fragrance.

This is one of my most hated fragrances. I've never owned it, but I had several friends who used to love it and wear it frequently. I never understood the appeal. Not only did it give me a migraine headache, it smelled exactly like some sort of Raid bug killer. So, if smelling like bug killer is your thing, save yourself a few bucks and just buy Raid instead. Of course, I hope no one is so misguided as to actually do that...!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Classic, elegant, chic.

I have been wearing this scent for over 10 years and it's a must have for every girl's perfume collection. I dab a squirt on my wrist and behind my ears and it lasts almost all day. This perfume is great to wear in spring time; smells like an elegant flower that just bloomed!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I liked this fresh, citrus scent but I didn't love it enough to repurchase it.

Popular Fragrances