Clinique Happy

Happy

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

THIS, is the summer fragrance every woman should try at least once in their lifetime. It is such a beautiful, fresh scent. So delicate and happy. My mom used to purchase this for me a long time ago and I got so excited when I came across the bottle again at a store. It's sooo hard to put a finger on what it smells like! The fragrance is not a musk, nor floral or even powdery scent. It's very hard to describe it but it's so easy to love it. I think the Clinique page went a little cray cray listing the ingredients, which are (supposedly):
Top Notes - Ruby Red Grapefruit, Bergamot, West Indian Mandarin Tree Blossom, High Altitude Laurel.
Middle Notes - Boysenberry Bush Flower, Morning Dew Orchid, Melati Blossom. Base Notes -
Hawaiian Wedding Flower, White Crinium Lily, Chinese Golden Magnolia, Spring Mimosa Blossoms.

To be truthful I couldn't identify ANY of the notes listed above. I'm not good at describing perfumes but this is what it feels like: A weekend on a gorgeous beach where you have traces of sunblock on your skin and you just came out of a fresh shower where you used an angelic smelling soap and shampoo. Just so summery, fresh, and RELAXING.

I sound nuts but believe me, smell it and you'll know. Love, LOVE this perfume. Thumbs up!

on 5/10/2011 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this light, citrusy scent. This was my favourite and main fragrance for a number of years. I don't like heavy, strong perfumes at all, infact some give me headaches. I always got compliments when I wore this, so it must have suited me well. I only stopped using it as I fancied a change, and I do see me going back to this one day in the future.

on 5/22/2010 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Wow I'm seeing a lot of negative reviews on this and I must say that I love this fragrance. It is one of those fragrances that you could initiallly like and then for some reason begin to dislike and then miraculously like again. It is not an everyday perfume because your use of it would depend on your mood. But its nice and I find its a classic scent. A lot of perfumes are not distinct and often smell like another but this scent definitely stands out whether you like it or not. It very fresh and clean scented, not over powering yet not "watery". Its a good fragrance for any age. I bought one on BOGO and gave my mom one. Overall I like it!

on 10/30/2008 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

It surprises me that this fragrance get bad reviews on this site. i certainly would not recommend anybody taking advice from people about fragrances on this site.

Happy smells really wonderful, and has a orange citrus smell to it. it smells very relaxing and a little flirty. I think that all women should go into a store themselves and pick out perfume instead of swapping on this site.

on 1/23/2008 2:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i used to love fresh citrus smells, so i thought this one would be perfect. The sample smelled awesome! It turned out to be so not my smell, that i couldn't wait to switch to something else!

The nice citrusy notes disappear and give way to a very heavy floral scent, which doesn't smell to expensive, i must admit. Whoever smelled it on me, told me to stop wearing it and put it in my underwear drawer or something...

No offense, i am sure it's good on many people (in fact, just the other day I asked a friend what she was wearing because it smelled gorgeous and couldn't believe me ears when she said it was 'happy'!) Apparently, it CAN work for other people- just not a match for me...

on 6/28/2007 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I really fell in love with this fragrance, ... back when i was 17. 10 yrs later, i don't think it's the right scent for any woman above a certain age. But it's not horrible. Great for a tween to about 17/18. And evn that might be pushing it. But it did serve me well, ahh the good old years.

on 7/10/2005 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This scent brings back memories of my former boyfriend who gave this to me for my birthday. Ah, it makes me HAPPY!

It has mandarin notes, my favorite. It is a light and perfect scent for the summer.

I love it!

on 11/14/2004 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I hate this fragrance on me, but on my friend it smells great. Must be her body chemistry or something, b/c on me it smells like barbie perfume I used when I was 8!

Popular Fragrances