Clinique Happy

3.5

on 5/9/2015 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am not a fragrance expert, so I will not have anything to write about base notes and such like. But in my own (non-specialist) way, I can be very critical about perfumes, EDTs, etc. I will have about 10 at most on my favourite list and, yes, Clinique Happy is on it!

I find it a very wearable day fragrance - fresh, uniquely and only slightly floral, and citrus-y all in one. HAPPY is really a very suitable name for this scent. I am just disappointed to find that some people are not of the same opinion. Most people like it on me, but there will be some (men especially) who will find it too 'sharp' (strangely enough). Am not sure if I simply sprayed too much on those occasions. But as a result, I tend to be very conservative when spraying this. So I guess this would be my advice to others too. Cause I think this is an excellent and unique day scent when sprayed in moderation, but can be offensive if overdone.

I don't care much for the HAPPY spin-offs, like Happy Heart for example, which tend to be very 'common' in my opinion. I see the business reason for it: Clinique wants to capture a wider market by extending to more conventional scents. The original HAPPY has always been the best for me. Please do not discontinue.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Love this!! It's a fresh, clean, and slightly citrus-y scent. It's sophisticated without smelling like something an old woman would wear. Smelling it really does make me happy! I'd definitely recommend. And if it's not in your budget or you're not sure you want to invest so much money into it, there's a drug store spray called "Wanna Play?" which is an accurate knock-off of this scent.

on 12/22/2012 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I tried this when it first came out (had a sample) and loved the fresh smell of citrus (mandarin, oranges, red grapefruit) but never committed to getting the full size. It's the only citrus-smelling fragrance I've ever enjoyed. I love how it smells (truly happy and fresh!) but I also find it lacks a bit of depth and sillage. Great as a daytime perfume I guess but I just wouldn't buy it because I don't think it would last.
If my review helped you, click yes below!

on 9/21/2012 2:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this perfume and it's sort of a staple in my perfume collection, especially during the summer. It's a grown up, but not "old lady" perfumey citrus scent. It lasts for a good amount of time on the skin/clothes and is, in my opinion a classic.

on 1/2/2012 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I receievd this perfume as a gift from my aunt and I gotta say I'm not a fan. It's certainly not a repulsive scent; meaning I wouldn't mind smelling this on someone else. But I personally would never purchase it myself. In fact, I have only really worn it once. It's got a strange tang to it, overall I just don't find the scent flattering at all. Happy is certainly not a word I would associate with this scent.

on 11/23/2011 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been using Happy now for years, probably not long after it first came out. I was a young teen at the time. It smells amazing on me, although I really can't smell it anymore because I've gotten so used to it. I know it smells great because I've gotten compliments for years.

It is decent lasting on me, I guess that would be different for everyone. It probably lasts 4-6 hours, which I'd say is fair. It has never turned on me, and I am SO thankful for that *knock on wood*.

All-in-all, I love it and it has been my HG forever.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

When i was 10 my Sister's boyfriend (Now Husband) but this for my Sister!! I liked the smell when she would spray it:P But one day i was sick and stayed home from school and she sprayed this on her just before school and i disliked the smell and it made me even sicker!! (disliked it b/c i was Sick) Well a week later she sprayed it and I LOVED IT AGAIN!!! I love this smell!!! It smells really good!!! I like this scent and will buy it for along time!!!

on 1/26/2011 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This used to be my fave perfume as a teenage (15-16) and I still do wear it from time to time. It's a light scent with a citrus undertone. When first sprayed, its overwhelming, but smells nice afterwards. It's a classic perfume, however there are better

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've had a sample vial of this perfume for ages and it's only half gone, which will hopefully get the point across that this is not the kind of perfume you can wear every day. When I first open the bottle it always smells super-sharp and absolutely rank to me, but when I apply a small amount, it fades in to a zesty citrus-type smell. It's rather unisex, in my opinion, and quite nice after you get used to it. But again, this is not something I can see most people wearing regularly. I also find the packaging of the full-sized bottles kind of boring; I often like sleek packaging, but to me it looks like Clinique didn't even want to try.

on 1/12/2010 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i like this. its crisp and clean and not flowery, which is what i like. its not the best scent ive come across but i like it enough to own it. it lingers all day and it doesnt have a nauseating effect at all.

Popular Fragrances