Clinique Happy

Clinique Happy
Happy

3.3

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Whether you like this scent or not it can be described in two words... PLAYED OUT. The lady at the front desk has a deluxe sample size and as soon as I took a whiff of it I realized, "So THAT'S what I've been smelling on everyone and their grandma since the 90s.

Top notes - Fresh apple, plums and bergamot mixed with the fresh-air accord
Middle notes - freesia, lily, rose and morning orchid
Base notes - Musk and amber

^^^ For anyone who is wondering the notes but in all honesty most of us have probably smelled this on at least one person at least once in our lives.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the first 'grown up' perfume I've ever bought. I used Nina by Nina Ricci all throughout my teenage years and, although it's a lovely perfume, I wanted something that was more mature whilst still being feminine.
There's just something about this perfume that is so utterly unique! I use it as my everyday scent and I always get so many compliments. It is unmistakably citrus-y with a hint of floral but there's something else that I can't quite put my finger on which makes this perfume so special. I must say that this is indeed a very happy scent and I feel it gives me a burst of energy when I put it on every morning.
I've seen a few people criticising the packaging of the product but I actually admire the simplicity of it - I think it's quite chic!
Overall I adore Clinique Happy - I think it's a nice middle ground between a young and a mature scent which can be difficult to find and it's unlike anything else I've come across! Don't knock it til you try it!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not a fan of this but my grandma is. This is one of her favorites.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this perfume after using Velocity from Mary Kay for a long time, I think they are very similar. I bought the Happy because the bottle on my other perfume bottle was very wobbly and off-set and has fallen (and broken) on several occasions. Happy is a very fresh scent, sort of summery and youthful. It is not musky or spicy smelling, it is more of a citrusy floral scent but not too heavy on the floral. This perfume has been around for a long time, I remember seeing the ads on TV when I was a kid and I have had several samples over the years and liked the way it smelled. The bottle is substantial and not very frilly. It is less expensive than some of the newer perfumes available, which is another reason I purchased it. It seems to last all day, I will find myself watching whiffs of it when I move around at my desk sometimes. I haven't had anyone complain or compliment the smell so I don't think it is particularly offensive to the nose or especially noticeable for other people around, which is nice when you work around other people as you don't want to overpower anyone with your signature scent. I would definitely buy this again but I don't think I will ever use up this whole, huge bottle since I have it in my perfume rotation (the large bottle was $30 cheaper than the small Dolce that I was going to buy!)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this to qualify for a GWP & I had forgotten about how great it smells!! I got the set in a makeup bag w a bottle of EDT, tube of lotion, & a rollerball. It reminds me of orange & grapefruit, sparking champagne, & being fresh out of the shower after using a really good shampoo. It's simply beautiful & I look forward to using it this spring/summer. It smells like bottled sunshine & good times. It's very chic & elegant.... Classy!! Why, OH why, had I forgotten about this gem?!! :)

on 11/16/2013 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Happy seems to be one of those fragrances that people either love or hate. (others I can think of that have the same effect are Angel and Poison) I love it. I've kept a bottle on hand since it first came out, and though I've also used the variations (Happy To Be, Happy Heart), the original Happy is the one that I prefer. Like someone else wrote, I am often asked what I am wearing, and the looks on the faces of women who ask me is usually one of shock. I am light-handed when I apply any fragrance, so maybe that is the key to wearing Happy. It is very fresh and citrus-floral at first spray, but it is much warmer and muskier as it calms down. The bottle is straightforward and simple, much like the scent. A keeper for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of my favorite scents! Light, fresh, fruity, and pleasantly happy smelling. Not too strong. I like the roll on perfume application.

on 10/15/2013 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I HATED this perfume when I first smelt it, but something has changed and now I adore it. It has a very fresh orange scent to it which is perfect for the summer/spring time. While I wouldn't wear this for an evening out its perfect for the day time & I always get compliments on it when I wear it which is always nice :)

The only reason I wouldn't repurchase it is because I have so many perfumes, and always like to try new things. I've never been the type to have a signature fragrance.

on 7/29/2013 6:43:00 AM

This stuff is so strong, every time my sister wears it I feel like gagging. Why would someone want to announce to everyone within a mile away that they're wearing perfume?

on 10/24/2012 3:00:00 PM

I have been using this for years now so I figured it was time for a review. I love this scent whether Summer or Fall this is my go to scent. On me it smells very light and fresh. I get ton's of compliments too which surprises me why it has a low rating.

The citrus mix with not too much floral is very me. I almost smell like a heavenly orange in there but it's made better by the flowers. I like that it's not sickly sweet I have never been a fan of really sweet perfume. This isn't cloying or anything just a fresh good scent that will give you compliments every time I swear when I wear this it's the best convo starter because women always ask and I love telling.

I do say this perfume smells different on everyone due to their body chemistry and Happy really likes me or I it because it works for me. I would use this year round only occasionally using a little CoCo or Chanel No 5 or Magic Noir which is an ultimate favorite of mine. When it's a really special night.

If you want a daily perfume that has a light fresh scent that will make you smell delovely and give you tons of compliments, Happy is your scent. When I wear this it does make me happy because I love how I feel with it on.
That is what is important to me how a scent makes me feel. You should always feel great when you wear a perfume and this does that!

Popular Fragrances