Clinique Happy

Clinique Happy
Happy

3.2

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think I was literally one of the first people to ever try Happy when it first came out all those years ago. I bought several bottles in my early to mid twenties, and then kind of grew tired of the scent...Fast forward many years later: last Summer, a lady walked past me and I was 99.9999999% sure she was wearing Clinique Happy (it is just a scent you remember and instantly recognize, at least for me) , and I decided to try it again. Obviously, the scent is all the same as I remember it...Very citrus-smelling, a great daytime and Spring or Summer scent, or possibly even a casual Summer evening. A light-hearted, 'happy' scent. Great to lift a mood. Obviously not a scent I reach for when the mood will be 'more serious,' I like a deeper scent for those 'more serious' moments and days. This also is I think best for younger gals, which I suppose is why I wore it in my early to mid twenties before tiring of it at the time. Although I think this is just a light scent that could be nice for any age, just a 'happy' scent! :) Dry down for me is the same as when first applied and I get a good 12 or more hours of wear out of this. Definitely lasts all day. But due to the strong citrus scent and some of the notes, this may not be great for the workplace or tight or close quartered areas, as I think some of the notes may trigger allergic responses. But for a day of shopping, coffee with girlfriends, attending an outdoor wedding, or a festival, etc; I think this is great for those types of places. It really does make me 'happy' when I wear this! :)

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really like citrus scents. Clinique Happy is a very fake smelling citrus. The drydown is soft adn sweetly citrus but is does not smell natural at all. A very long lasting scent.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG fragrance. I'm actually wearing it now, freshly spritzed. Smells SO GOOD. It's got a clean, crisp, fresh scent. Feminine but not too musky or too floral. Perfect for me. My husband is very sensitive to perfumes and he's bought me this one several times. The first gift he ever gave me was a large size Clinique Happy with a peach bow around it. I love the way I smell, and I get compliments all the time when I've got on my Happy. This is definitely my signature scent.

on 8/4/2015 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to love this, I love citric fruits like lemon and passion fruit, which is my favorite fruit, I come from the tropic and the orange color of the bottle makes me happy because it reminds me of the sun. But I ended up disliking it, the smell is too strong and it smells fake to me, not like a natural citric smell as I was expecting. A friend of mine hated it and couldn't stand it, since then I'm afraid to use it. I don't like it on myself, maybe it's just bad chemistry with my skin. I want to use it up, so I'll try using just a little each time.

on 5/8/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Not a particularly stand-out scent, but it's my go-to because it's so consistent and reliable. I'm not a fragrance connoisseur, so I won't try to describe it in specifics, but I find it a bright but light scent, refreshing and springy, but can be used most of the year because it's pretty balanced. It's not necessarily a scent that stands out, but I personally tend to prefer less noticeable scents, so this works well for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Clinique Happy is a citrusy, easy, breezy, fragrance. I wear this fragrance on occasion, but have never purchased a bottle because I usually receive this in a GWP.

The first spritz, is a blast of citrus. Drydown is a citrus (smell orange and apple) with a light touch of musk, and a hint of florals in the background.

Last year noticed a baby doll head smell during middle notes and drydown, but it's a mild baby doll scent. I don't always smell it, but am chalking it up to hormonal changes .I am at that age. However, still enjoy wearing Happy because it's a light, fresh, "happy" fragrance. It is a sunshiny day in a bottle.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Any of the reviewers that used the word "tacky" in their reviews were absolutely right.
It smells like your grandma's baby powder that's been expired for decades.
The bottle may look appealing, but is the exact opposite from its smell.

on 8/18/2014 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got this as a sample. I love everything Calvin Klein, but have never thought much of the perfume selection. I'm more of a Calvin Klein underwear and bra girl, but some of the cosmetics and beautiful heels call me every once in awhile by this brand.

I got this as a deluxe sample and I would say it is very accurately named. It is just a happy, light scent. It is non offensive and I get nice compliments when I wear it. Currently it is in my purse as a back up for my deodorant in the summer months. I don't use anti-persperant and sometimes I get a little funky smelling. I try to carry a travel size deodorant, but sometimes I need a little extra. This helps immensely.

It isn't a full 5 lippie for me since it isn't a HG, but it is still very nice and worth taking a look (or whiff) at.

on 12/25/2013 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was my first "real" EdP that I received as a gift when I was 17. Now, 9 years later, this is the only one I continually repurchase even though I already have a decent perfume collection. It's become my signature scent. I love the fact that you really can't put your finger on how to describe the smell. Despite any description of it, I don't find it to smell sweet, nor musky, nor fruity, nor flower-y... just "fresh." It's a great perfume for all seasons and when I don't know what to wear, I immediately grab for this. I think it's a must have in anyone's perfume collection.

on 5/28/2013 2:18:00 AM

I love this perfume the packaging is simple and cute. Growing up my mom always used th8s it reminds me of her everytime I wear it. It just smells amazing. Will keep repurchasing

Popular Fragrances