CLINIQUE Happy

Filtered by hair type : Other
CLINIQUE Happy
Happy

3.3

What a refreshing treat! I don't know if Happy changed, or I did. I used to HATE this fragrance, and even gave it a 1-lippie review on MUA a few years back as I found it to be sour, high-pitched, and annoying. But I got yet another of those 0.14 oz sample sprays in my recent Clinique bonus and gave it another go. I LOVE HAPPY NOW!

Yes, it is very sharp and soapy when you first apply. But it dries down quickly to a delightfully fresh citrus-floral. I detect primarily tangerine/satsuma + fresh-cut jasmine & gardenia. There is not a hint of heaviness or sweetness to this. It came out 3 years after Estee Lauder Pleasures and reflects the same hyperclean spirit. Just makes you feel uplifted and smelling like you showered with a wonderful boutique soap. My little sample bottle has come in very handy when I've had to work a double shift at the hospital without time for a shower.

Maybe the difference is that Happy is officially 20 years old now and qualifies as a true classic, not just a '90s trend that played out. As for it not being "sexy," well, I love those sexy thick Oriental and woodsy fragrances but my spouse does not. He thinks I'm sexiest when I smell clean and fresh! So sexy is in the nose of the beholder I guess.

on 6/9/2016 10:23:00 AM

Happy by Clinique ... I had a massive crush on Happy a few years back .
It's like 7 Up soda ...all fizzy and hyeractive .
Sometimes it would turn into a harsh , fake chemical smell .
In the end, my Mum's dog enjoyed it the most.... 'post bath .'

on 1/23/2015 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

The scent of this perfume instantly transports me back to junior high and trying on makeup and perfume at a friendís house. It was THE fragrance to wear, or at least it seems like everyone had it on. I love it. Itís cheerful and easy to wear. I have no idea what the notes are, but I think I like it because of such happy scent memories attached to it. It has great sillage, but doesnít overpower. Itís great for the office or casual weekends. I was walking into work and smelled this awesome perfume in the air recentlyóI knew I had to get a small sample of it, just because itís so nice!

on 12/26/2014 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Received this as a Christmas gift in 8th grade - super light, breezy and citrusy. I smile whenever I smell this now! Wouldn't repurchase, but love getting whiffs of this every now and then smelling it on others. Classic fragrance all around.

I adore this perfume because it reminds me of my fun, (almost) carefree college years. On me, it was fresh & citrusy initially but notes of spiciness would emerge after a while. Perhaps I'd wear it again if this was gifted to me, but since too many people have this as their "signature scent" already, I'm glad I've moved on. :)

I got this to qualify for a GWP & I had forgotten about how great it smells!! I got the set in a makeup bag w a bottle of EDT, tube of lotion, & a rollerball. It reminds me of orange & grapefruit, sparking champagne, & being fresh out of the shower after using a really good shampoo. It's simply beautiful & I look forward to using it this spring/summer. It smells like bottled sunshine & good times. It's very chic & elegant.... Classy!! Why, OH why, had I forgotten about this gem?!! :)

on 9/28/2013 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Yes I will buy it again because I like it a lot but I'm annoyed at how this doesn't have any staying power. The fragrance itself is a fresh, clean orangey smell that is really wonderful, in my opinion. i couldn't tell you about the drydown because I have never smelled it. The fragrance disappears before there is any drydown. I thought that perhaps layering the fragrance with body products might help it last so I purchased the body cream and that is also a wonderful smelling product that loses its fragrance within 1-2 hours. Perfumes do tend to disappear on me but this one is miraculous in it's houdini-like composition.

I've always wanted to know why everyone hated this fragrance so I had to try it.
Anyways I ended up buying the full size and a smaller one for my purse.
It's a classy bottle with a silver top.Clean and sleek looking. It's fresh and clean and if you wait a half hour for it to settle it turns into a warm scent.Men always ask what I'm wearing and write it down. You should see women's faces when they ask what I'm wearing.They always have a surprised look on their face. I'm so happy I gave this a chance because it's better than my whole collection of fragrances. It feels so good to wear this.

on 7/10/2013 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Bright, citrusy, fresh... The notes in Clinique Happy definitely capture the mood. My mom has gone through countless sample-sized bottles that come as part of gifts with purchase. It smells great from the bottle and on her, and every time I smell a bottle I'm tempted to try it, but every time I do, the citrus notes dissipate instantly and all I get is an overpowering, headache-inducing bunch of florals. I've always wanted to love this, but it simply doesn't work with my chemistry.

on 12/9/2012 4:10:00 AM

In the beginning it smelled very nice, fresh scent, but after awhile i noticed i start getting headaches and the smell just started bothering me. I stopped using it and in the end threw it away. Never happened to me before i just couldn't stand the smell anymore.