Clinique Happy

Filtered by hair type : Other
Clinique Happy
Happy

3.2

Happy makes me Angry every time I smell it on someone. It's relentlessly banal, yet eye-wateringly sharp. It sits there in its smug little minimalist flask just ready to pounce on your sinuses with the strength of 50,000 artificial tangerines smothered in soap.

Look, I'm all for smelling "modern" and "clean" if that's your thing. I know soapy-clean smells with a citrus or tropical-fruit tinge have been very popular for nearly 20 years. They're everywhere, from BBW to Chanel. Happy was among the first, and I'll give credit where credit is due. It's also very strong, with tremendous staying power-- in most cases that's a plus.

But to my nose, Happy is horrendous. I can't be around someone wearing it without wanting to scream, "FINE!!!! I GET IT! YOU TOOK A SHOWER RECENTLY!!!" I certainly don't feel like smiling or breaking out into a tapdance. In fact, I want to beat someone up and make it stop.

on 6/9/2016 10:23:00 AM

Happy by Clinique ... I had a massive crush on Happy a few years back .
It's like 7 Up soda ...all fizzy and hyeractive .
Sometimes it would turn into a harsh , fake chemical smell .
In the end, my Mum's dog enjoyed it the most.... 'post bath .'

on 1/23/2015 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

The scent of this perfume instantly transports me back to junior high and trying on makeup and perfume at a friends house. It was THE fragrance to wear, or at least it seems like everyone had it on. I love it. Its cheerful and easy to wear. I have no idea what the notes are, but I think I like it because of such happy scent memories attached to it. It has great sillage, but doesnt overpower. Its great for the office or casual weekends. I was walking into work and smelled this awesome perfume in the air recentlyI knew I had to get a small sample of it, just because its so nice!

on 12/26/2014 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Received this as a Christmas gift in 8th grade - super light, breezy and citrusy. I smile whenever I smell this now! Wouldn't repurchase, but love getting whiffs of this every now and then smelling it on others. Classic fragrance all around.

I adore this perfume because it reminds me of my fun, (almost) carefree college years. On me, it was fresh & citrusy initially but notes of spiciness would emerge after a while. Perhaps I'd wear it again if this was gifted to me, but since too many people have this as their "signature scent" already, I'm glad I've moved on. :)

on 9/28/2013 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Yes I will buy it again because I like it a lot but I'm annoyed at how this doesn't have any staying power. The fragrance itself is a fresh, clean orangey smell that is really wonderful, in my opinion. i couldn't tell you about the drydown because I have never smelled it. The fragrance disappears before there is any drydown. I thought that perhaps layering the fragrance with body products might help it last so I purchased the body cream and that is also a wonderful smelling product that loses its fragrance within 1-2 hours. Perfumes do tend to disappear on me but this one is miraculous in it's houdini-like composition.

I've always wanted to know why everyone hated this fragrance so I had to try it.
Anyways I ended up buying the full size and a smaller one for my purse.
It's a classy bottle with a silver top.Clean and sleek looking. It's fresh and clean and if you wait a half hour for it to settle it turns into a warm scent.Men always ask what I'm wearing and write it down. You should see women's faces when they ask what I'm wearing.They always have a surprised look on their face. I'm so happy I gave this a chance because it's better than my whole collection of fragrances. It feels so good to wear this.

on 7/10/2013 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Bright, citrusy, fresh... The notes in Clinique Happy definitely capture the mood. My mom has gone through countless sample-sized bottles that come as part of gifts with purchase. It smells great from the bottle and on her, and every time I smell a bottle I'm tempted to try it, but every time I do, the citrus notes dissipate instantly and all I get is an overpowering, headache-inducing bunch of florals. I've always wanted to love this, but it simply doesn't work with my chemistry.

on 12/9/2012 4:10:00 AM

In the beginning it smelled very nice, fresh scent, but after awhile i noticed i start getting headaches and the smell just started bothering me. I stopped using it and in the end threw it away. Never happened to me before i just couldn't stand the smell anymore.

on 1/22/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

very nice scent..i got it free in a gift w/ purchase bag.

Popular Fragrances