Clinique Happy

3.5

on 5/9/2015 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am not a fragrance expert, so I will not have anything to write about base notes and such like. But in my own (non-specialist) way, I can be very critical about perfumes, EDTs, etc. I will have about 10 at most on my favourite list and, yes, Clinique Happy is on it!

I find it a very wearable day fragrance - fresh, uniquely and only slightly floral, and citrus-y all in one. HAPPY is really a very suitable name for this scent. I am just disappointed to find that some people are not of the same opinion. Most people like it on me, but there will be some (men especially) who will find it too 'sharp' (strangely enough). Am not sure if I simply sprayed too much on those occasions. But as a result, I tend to be very conservative when spraying this. So I guess this would be my advice to others too. Cause I think this is an excellent and unique day scent when sprayed in moderation, but can be offensive if overdone.

I don't care much for the HAPPY spin-offs, like Happy Heart for example, which tend to be very 'common' in my opinion. I see the business reason for it: Clinique wants to capture a wider market by extending to more conventional scents. The original HAPPY has always been the best for me. Please do not discontinue.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not a fan of this but my grandma is. This is one of her favorites.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this to qualify for a GWP & I had forgotten about how great it smells!! I got the set in a makeup bag w a bottle of EDT, tube of lotion, & a rollerball. It reminds me of orange & grapefruit, sparking champagne, & being fresh out of the shower after using a really good shampoo. It's simply beautiful & I look forward to using it this spring/summer. It smells like bottled sunshine & good times. It's very chic & elegant.... Classy!! Why, OH why, had I forgotten about this gem?!! :)

on 11/23/2011 6:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been using Happy now for years, probably not long after it first came out. I was a young teen at the time. It smells amazing on me, although I really can't smell it anymore because I've gotten so used to it. I know it smells great because I've gotten compliments for years.

It is decent lasting on me, I guess that would be different for everyone. It probably lasts 4-6 hours, which I'd say is fair. It has never turned on me, and I am SO thankful for that *knock on wood*.

All-in-all, I love it and it has been my HG forever.

on 8/12/2011 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do really likes this, perfect for everyday use, the clean citrusy smell is wearable and linear. It had not good longevity on me, but the fragrance is worth it! Perfect for teenagers or any woman who wants to smell nonglamorous! Will buy it again cuz it really makes me feel happy!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love HAPPY because it make me so, wait for it....HAPPY! I know, very corny of me, but I really do feel happy when wearing it. I find this scent to be very fresh, crisp and citrus infused. I think it is soft enough to wear everyday. This is the first perfume my husband bought for me when we were dating, which my gosh is well over 8 years ago, so I may be extremely bias towards this scent. It reminds me of falling in love with him and what better perfume to personify that feeling than a fresh, crisp and not overpowering perfume called HAPPY? Ah yes I am so in love with HAPPY :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There's people who hate florals and there are people who love them. Every now and again a company adds the right citrus note to a floral and make it universally appealing. Happy is an example of this.
I'm one of those who dislikes florals, especially the super crisp florals that are a featured note in Happy. However the citrus notes smooth out the crisp floral notes. The effect is a light slightly sweet refreshing fragrance that makes me want to frolic. Happy is an appropriate name.
This is a wonderful fragrance for the spring and summer.
Like most clinique products, the price for the quality and quantity is more then fair.
The fragrance last and lasts.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I really like this fragrance. Its name describes this scent "Happy". I love the top notes,smell very well mixed sour citrus (not orangy) which is very refreshing and uplifting. Because I'm a citrus lover,I love it. Recommend for someone who loves citrus!!!

on 2/21/2010 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

"Fresh" in the way an orange-scented cleaning product is fresh, which is to say, synthetic.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is just so artificial-smelling, like a citrus bathroom spray or a Sour Patch Kid. I have two dear friends, both of whom swear by this stuff and seem to bathe in it, and I have to keep my distance. I just detest "super-clean" fragrances like this, which sit so inorganically on top of the skin and seem to have the intention of aggressively deodorizing women instead of melding with their natural skin scents. That's not sexy to me. Clinique Happy is just a blast of incredibly tangy citrus that gives me a walloping headache.

Popular Fragrances