Clinique Happy

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Clinique Happy
Happy

3.2

Happy makes me Angry every time I smell it on someone. It's relentlessly banal, yet eye-wateringly sharp. It sits there in its smug little minimalist flask just ready to pounce on your sinuses with the strength of 50,000 artificial tangerines smothered in soap.

Look, I'm all for smelling "modern" and "clean" if that's your thing. I know soapy-clean smells with a citrus or tropical-fruit tinge have been very popular for nearly 20 years. They're everywhere, from BBW to Chanel. Happy was among the first, and I'll give credit where credit is due. It's also very strong, with tremendous staying power-- in most cases that's a plus.

But to my nose, Happy is horrendous. I can't be around someone wearing it without wanting to scream, "FINE!!!! I GET IT! YOU TOOK A SHOWER RECENTLY!!!" I certainly don't feel like smiling or breaking out into a tapdance. In fact, I want to beat someone up and make it stop.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Just a so so, somewhat boring product. For some reason I can't wear this anymore. If it weren't so popular, I might wear it occasionally, but it's one I would tire of within a week. But for what it's worth, it smells pretty nice on my skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Decent product to wear on for the weekends or nights out with the girls. The first spray was a little heady and headache inducing, but the dry-down is a nice citrus scent that is invigorating.

I'll finish the bottle but won't rebuy

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Whether you like this scent or not it can be described in two words... PLAYED OUT. The lady at the front desk has a deluxe sample size and as soon as I took a whiff of it I realized, "So THAT'S what I've been smelling on everyone and their grandma since the 90s.

Top notes - Fresh apple, plums and bergamot mixed with the fresh-air accord
Middle notes - freesia, lily, rose and morning orchid
Base notes - Musk and amber

^^^ For anyone who is wondering the notes but in all honesty most of us have probably smelled this on at least one person at least once in our lives.

on 7/29/2015 9:29:00 PM

it is a Happy smell for sure , the bottle should show a little more Happiness

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This perfume is really fun and feminine. I get a lot of compliments on it.

on 5/8/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Not a particularly stand-out scent, but it's my go-to because it's so consistent and reliable. I'm not a fragrance connoisseur, so I won't try to describe it in specifics, but I find it a bright but light scent, refreshing and springy, but can be used most of the year because it's pretty balanced. It's not necessarily a scent that stands out, but I personally tend to prefer less noticeable scents, so this works well for me.

on 2/7/2015 10:23:00 AM

I really liked this when I tried it in the store, but after I bought it I hated it. It is really strong, and just one light spray seems to be too much. You know how when a scent is "right" you barely notice it on yourself? Well- I notice this one almost constantly, and not in a good way.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Any of the reviewers that used the word "tacky" in their reviews were absolutely right.
It smells like your grandma's baby powder that's been expired for decades.
The bottle may look appealing, but is the exact opposite from its smell.

on 8/22/2014 4:44:00 AM

This fragrance sounded nice: an orange perfume for summer, but there is a very harsh note in it (I don't know what exactly) which made it impossible to wear.

Popular Fragrances