Clinique Happy

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Clinique Happy
Happy

3.0

Happy makes me Angry every time I smell it on someone. It's relentlessly banal, yet eye-wateringly sharp. It sits there in its smug little minimalist flask just ready to pounce on your sinuses with the strength of 50,000 artificial tangerines smothered in soap.

Look, I'm all for smelling "modern" and "clean" if that's your thing. I know soapy-clean smells with a citrus or tropical-fruit tinge have been very popular for nearly 20 years. They're everywhere, from BBW to Chanel. Happy was among the first, and I'll give credit where credit is due. It's also very strong, with tremendous staying power-- in most cases that's a plus.

But to my nose, Happy is horrendous. I can't be around someone wearing it without wanting to scream, "FINE!!!! I GET IT! YOU TOOK A SHOWER RECENTLY!!!" I certainly don't feel like smiling or breaking out into a tapdance. In fact, I want to beat someone up and make it stop.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really like citrus scents. Clinique Happy is a very fake smelling citrus. The drydown is soft adn sweetly citrus but is does not smell natural at all. A very long lasting scent.

on 1/25/2016 7:02:00 AM

Smells bright and clean without being too harsh and/or dry like a lot of other citrus scents. I am hardly ever a fan of scents with citrus notes! Sadly, it doesn't work on me. I still love when I recognize it on anyone else though!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the first 'grown up' perfume I've ever bought. I used Nina by Nina Ricci all throughout my teenage years and, although it's a lovely perfume, I wanted something that was more mature whilst still being feminine.
There's just something about this perfume that is so utterly unique! I use it as my everyday scent and I always get so many compliments. It is unmistakably citrus-y with a hint of floral but there's something else that I can't quite put my finger on which makes this perfume so special. I must say that this is indeed a very happy scent and I feel it gives me a burst of energy when I put it on every morning.
I've seen a few people criticising the packaging of the product but I actually admire the simplicity of it - I think it's quite chic!
Overall I adore Clinique Happy - I think it's a nice middle ground between a young and a mature scent which can be difficult to find and it's unlike anything else I've come across! Don't knock it til you try it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great little scent just to go out for the day to do some chores. You might even get a compliment or two! :).

on 7/29/2015 9:29:00 PM

it is a Happy smell for sure , the bottle should show a little more Happiness

on 5/8/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Not a particularly stand-out scent, but it's my go-to because it's so consistent and reliable. I'm not a fragrance connoisseur, so I won't try to describe it in specifics, but I find it a bright but light scent, refreshing and springy, but can be used most of the year because it's pretty balanced. It's not necessarily a scent that stands out, but I personally tend to prefer less noticeable scents, so this works well for me.

on 1/23/2015 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

The scent of this perfume instantly transports me back to junior high and trying on makeup and perfume at a friends house. It was THE fragrance to wear, or at least it seems like everyone had it on. I love it. Its cheerful and easy to wear. I have no idea what the notes are, but I think I like it because of such happy scent memories attached to it. It has great sillage, but doesnt overpower. Its great for the office or casual weekends. I was walking into work and smelled this awesome perfume in the air recentlyI knew I had to get a small sample of it, just because its so nice!

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I thought this would be a lovely fresh summery scent, but to me it just smells cheap and tacky.... the smell irritatingly lingers.... i couldnt wait to wash it off. Just smells like oranges, but quite sickly.

on 12/25/2013 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was my first "real" EdP that I received as a gift when I was 17. Now, 9 years later, this is the only one I continually repurchase even though I already have a decent perfume collection. It's become my signature scent. I love the fact that you really can't put your finger on how to describe the smell. Despite any description of it, I don't find it to smell sweet, nor musky, nor fruity, nor flower-y... just "fresh." It's a great perfume for all seasons and when I don't know what to wear, I immediately grab for this. I think it's a must have in anyone's perfume collection.

Popular Fragrances