Clinique Happy

Clinique Happy
Happy

3.2

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think I was literally one of the first people to ever try Happy when it first came out all those years ago. I bought several bottles in my early to mid twenties, and then kind of grew tired of the scent...Fast forward many years later: last Summer, a lady walked past me and I was 99.9999999% sure she was wearing Clinique Happy (it is just a scent you remember and instantly recognize, at least for me) , and I decided to try it again. Obviously, the scent is all the same as I remember it...Very citrus-smelling, a great daytime and Spring or Summer scent, or possibly even a casual Summer evening. A light-hearted, 'happy' scent. Great to lift a mood. Obviously not a scent I reach for when the mood will be 'more serious,' I like a deeper scent for those 'more serious' moments and days. This also is I think best for younger gals, which I suppose is why I wore it in my early to mid twenties before tiring of it at the time. Although I think this is just a light scent that could be nice for any age, just a 'happy' scent! :) Dry down for me is the same as when first applied and I get a good 12 or more hours of wear out of this. Definitely lasts all day. But due to the strong citrus scent and some of the notes, this may not be great for the workplace or tight or close quartered areas, as I think some of the notes may trigger allergic responses. But for a day of shopping, coffee with girlfriends, attending an outdoor wedding, or a festival, etc; I think this is great for those types of places. It really does make me 'happy' when I wear this! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG fragrance. I'm actually wearing it now, freshly spritzed. Smells SO GOOD. It's got a clean, crisp, fresh scent. Feminine but not too musky or too floral. Perfect for me. My husband is very sensitive to perfumes and he's bought me this one several times. The first gift he ever gave me was a large size Clinique Happy with a peach bow around it. I love the way I smell, and I get compliments all the time when I've got on my Happy. This is definitely my signature scent.

Oh yeah!!! This is a lovely perfume. See im not a huge perfume fan but this right here makes me happy!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the first 'grown up' perfume I've ever bought. I used Nina by Nina Ricci all throughout my teenage years and, although it's a lovely perfume, I wanted something that was more mature whilst still being feminine.
There's just something about this perfume that is so utterly unique! I use it as my everyday scent and I always get so many compliments. It is unmistakably citrus-y with a hint of floral but there's something else that I can't quite put my finger on which makes this perfume so special. I must say that this is indeed a very happy scent and I feel it gives me a burst of energy when I put it on every morning.
I've seen a few people criticising the packaging of the product but I actually admire the simplicity of it - I think it's quite chic!
Overall I adore Clinique Happy - I think it's a nice middle ground between a young and a mature scent which can be difficult to find and it's unlike anything else I've come across! Don't knock it til you try it!

on 12/26/2014 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Received this as a Christmas gift in 8th grade - super light, breezy and citrusy. I smile whenever I smell this now! Wouldn't repurchase, but love getting whiffs of this every now and then smelling it on others. Classic fragrance all around.

on 8/18/2014 12:33:00 PM

Love this perfume. I buy the rollerball's from ulta because it's easier to keep a rollerball in my purse, or clutch. This scent reminds me of summer. I've been wearing it everyday this summer. I am on my second rollerball!

on 8/18/2014 2:47:00 AM

The Perfect perfume!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this perfume after using Velocity from Mary Kay for a long time, I think they are very similar. I bought the Happy because the bottle on my other perfume bottle was very wobbly and off-set and has fallen (and broken) on several occasions. Happy is a very fresh scent, sort of summery and youthful. It is not musky or spicy smelling, it is more of a citrusy floral scent but not too heavy on the floral. This perfume has been around for a long time, I remember seeing the ads on TV when I was a kid and I have had several samples over the years and liked the way it smelled. The bottle is substantial and not very frilly. It is less expensive than some of the newer perfumes available, which is another reason I purchased it. It seems to last all day, I will find myself watching whiffs of it when I move around at my desk sometimes. I haven't had anyone complain or compliment the smell so I don't think it is particularly offensive to the nose or especially noticeable for other people around, which is nice when you work around other people as you don't want to overpower anyone with your signature scent. I would definitely buy this again but I don't think I will ever use up this whole, huge bottle since I have it in my perfume rotation (the large bottle was $30 cheaper than the small Dolce that I was going to buy!)

on 4/29/2014 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this perfume sprayed directly on my skin and It lasts all day. If you are sensitive to musky perfumes try this one but dont' over do it. Just a light spritz is all you ned. It gives me happy feeling seriously.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

THIS, is the summer fragrance every woman should try at least once in their lifetime. It is such a beautiful, fresh scent. So delicate and happy. My mom used to purchase this for me a long time ago and I got so excited when I came across the bottle again at a store. It's sooo hard to put a finger on what it smells like! The fragrance is not a musk, nor floral or even powdery scent. It's very hard to describe it but it's so easy to love it. I think the Clinique page went a little cray cray listing the ingredients, which are (supposedly):
Top Notes - Ruby Red Grapefruit, Bergamot, West Indian Mandarin Tree Blossom, High Altitude Laurel.
Middle Notes - Boysenberry Bush Flower, Morning Dew Orchid, Melati Blossom. Base Notes -
Hawaiian Wedding Flower, White Crinium Lily, Chinese Golden Magnolia, Spring Mimosa Blossoms.

To be truthful I couldn't identify ANY of the notes listed above. I'm not good at describing perfumes but this is what it feels like: A weekend on a gorgeous beach where you have traces of sunblock on your skin and you just came out of a fresh shower where you used an angelic smelling soap and shampoo. Just so summery, fresh, and RELAXING.

I sound nuts but believe me, smell it and you'll know. Love, LOVE this perfume. Thumbs up!

Popular Fragrances