Clinique Happy

Clinique Happy
Happy

3.2

Happy makes me Angry every time I smell it on someone. It's relentlessly banal, yet eye-wateringly sharp. It sits there in its smug little minimalist flask just ready to pounce on your sinuses with the strength of 50,000 artificial tangerines smothered in soap.

Look, I'm all for smelling "modern" and "clean" if that's your thing. I know soapy-clean smells with a citrus or tropical-fruit tinge have been very popular for nearly 20 years. They're everywhere, from BBW to Chanel. Happy was among the first, and I'll give credit where credit is due. It's also very strong, with tremendous staying power-- in most cases that's a plus.

But to my nose, Happy is horrendous. I can't be around someone wearing it without wanting to scream, "FINE!!!! I GET IT! YOU TOOK A SHOWER RECENTLY!!!" I certainly don't feel like smiling or breaking out into a tapdance. In fact, I want to beat someone up and make it stop.

on 11/26/2016 2:45:00 AM

This smells like your great-grandmas kitchen: all-purpose cleaner wafting above a vase of grocery store carnations. It's intrusive and sharp. It's like a squeeze of those plastic lemons on top of a scented candle. It's a wonderful dryer sheet. Generic. If this is "Happy", I'd rather smell angry.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Was gifted this set and unfortunately it didn't mesh well with my body chemistry. I really wanted it to work for me because for some reason, I like Clinique. Unfortunately it smelled like some kind of hospital disinfectant on me and mainly sprayed it all wily nily to use it up.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Any of the reviewers that used the word "tacky" in their reviews were absolutely right.
It smells like your grandma's baby powder that's been expired for decades.
The bottle may look appealing, but is the exact opposite from its smell.

on 8/16/2014 9:09:00 AM

I bought it because my sister recommended it. I should have asked for a sample before buying the whole bottle. It smelled good on me at the start but after a fer minutes the scent didnt go well with my body chemistry. Wouldnt buy it again.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I thought this would be a lovely fresh summery scent, but to me it just smells cheap and tacky.... the smell irritatingly lingers.... i couldnt wait to wash it off. Just smells like oranges, but quite sickly.

Ouffff I hate this perfume!! It is sickly sweet but not the cotton candy kind of sweet! More like an old lady headache kind of sweet. Gross

BUY THE MEN'S VERSION. Even if you are a lady. Smells so much better, both on yourself, and to people around you. I received a sample of this, and wore it once before I threw it away. It didn't smell good in the bottle, and I really didn't like the smell on me. I was totally biased against the whole Clinique Happy line, until I smelled the men's version on an ex. Delish. Citrusy, warm, light, and almost no musk. Everything the ladies perfume should have been. I ended up buy the men's Happy for myself.

This is one of my most hated fragrances. I've never owned it, but I had several friends who used to love it and wear it frequently. I never understood the appeal. Not only did it give me a migraine headache, it smelled exactly like some sort of Raid bug killer. So, if smelling like bug killer is your thing, save yourself a few bucks and just buy Raid instead. Of course, I hope no one is so misguided as to actually do that...!

on 7/29/2013 6:43:00 AM

This stuff is so strong, every time my sister wears it I feel like gagging. Why would someone want to announce to everyone within a mile away that they're wearing perfume?

Popular Fragrances