Clinique Happy

Clinique Happy
Happy

3.2

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am a woman that wears 'real perfume'. I can appreciate civet, leather, and Kilian fragrance as much as the next perfume-nista. This stuff is joy. It may be mass marketed, but it's popular for a damn reason, it smells good. Don't make me spank all you babies that disparage this, just because you wore it when you were young.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG fragrance. I'm actually wearing it now, freshly spritzed. Smells SO GOOD. It's got a clean, crisp, fresh scent. Feminine but not too musky or too floral. Perfect for me. My husband is very sensitive to perfumes and he's bought me this one several times. The first gift he ever gave me was a large size Clinique Happy with a peach bow around it. I love the way I smell, and I get compliments all the time when I've got on my Happy. This is definitely my signature scent.

on 5/25/2010 7:18:00 PM

I smelled this on my Grandma and it smelled amazing on her! This was what she wore every time when we all went out and I always asked her what she had on. I wanted it for myself but unfortunately me and her don't have the same chemistry as far as body oils go. When I sprayed it on myself it was just way too overpowering, and I didn't spray a lot. Perhaps I could get a body spray or a very mild make of this, but I'd want something that lasts too. I'm going to be fair and describe it the way she smelled...clean, fresh, floral with just the right amount of fruitiness, except on me it seemed too fruity. Some clean florals are often described as powdery but I don't remember getting powder from it at all. This scent will always remind me of my Grandma, who passed away recently, God bless her soul! I'm actually going to be testing out Happy Heart to see if it will work with me since it falls more into the soft floral category, which I love.

on 1/1/2012 10:14:00 AM

I have worn Happy on and off (I am never faithful to a scent - love too many for that!) since it came out! I can recall the very first time I smelled it on someone. It was in the grocery store and I didn't care how silly I looked...I pushed my cart around that store until I located the source of the goodness floating upon the air. The woman wearing it was very gracious and told me what it was. A NEW perfume. I finished my food shopping and headed OUT TO THE MALL. I sprayed it on - felt like it did NOT smell on me as it did on her, however, received compliments on my perfume. On her it was a sweet (in a flower nectar gorgeous addicting way) scent. I could not have picked out citrus or anything in particular. Just a goodness and a femininity that every lady would want in her perfume. Quite memorable as I am writing about it all these years later. I found that whenever I asked someone what they were wearing (when I liked a scent) it turned out to be "Happy". Some might find that "too common" or, "not unique enough", "too recognizable". HMMMM....if something is good...the word will spread. (What about the IPhone and IPad? good, right? Many own them. They are good. Many owning them does not make them a bad thing, yes?) If something is not so good you will hear about it for a while and then it disappears. This perfume has been around for a long time for a reason. I would say that when it first came out, many were wearing it at the same time but, not all wore it well. This (in my humble opinion) created such a vast degree of a LOVE or HATE for this scent. Either you loved it for all the compliments you received or, you hated it because everyone had a bottle and/or someone that you encountered was spraying it on as if it were a light body spray. This is a Perfume (Contains a HIGH concentration of oils/scent)...not an EDT, Cologne or Body Spray (Which contains a lower concentration of scent). It is a true Perfume. With a Perfume - you MUST be careful of how much you apply. I am guilty of over-applying this scent through the years and I think that is why I did not get that feeling of bright, happiness and sweet nectar when I wore it. Now when I wear this I spritz 3 times over my head and let it fall onto me. When I do this I apply just the right amount and I still receive compliments as I walk past my husband late in the day. This tells me that 3 spritzes directly on the body is TOO much. What a wonderful thing to be able to buy an affordable scent in PERFUME strength! I think it is fabulous! Normally, when you buy a scent in Perfume strength you get so very little that you would never dream of spritzing it into the air! What an affordable, luxurious treat to be able to spritz in the air and have so much to spare for the next time. Even if I did not use up my bottle before it got "old", I would have received my money's worth out of this as I do NOT need to carry it with me or reapply. PLUS, the bedroom where I sprayed this in the morning still smells lovely that evening. Never would I like the strength of this scent changed. I hate NEEDING to reapply. I don't mind reapplying if I WANT to but NEEDING to reapply after spending so much on some of my more expensive perfumes really peeves me off. Clinique Happy, when worn correctly, is a lovely scent and the men in my family love it as does my daughter. I do prefer the Perfume spray over the creams in this scent - as I do like the way that light spritz in the air falling upon my body wears throughout the day versus applied directly to my body (as you would with cream). I miss terribly the shampoo and conditioner that was out very briefly and wish that they would make an antiperspirant/deodorant for woman like they do for the men. I love so many perfumes but if I need something that wears well and long and is so universally loved (when worn correctly and not overspritzed) - this is the one I reach for.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think I was literally one of the first people to ever try Happy when it first came out all those years ago. I bought several bottles in my early to mid twenties, and then kind of grew tired of the scent...Fast forward many years later: last Summer, a lady walked past me and I was 99.9999999% sure she was wearing Clinique Happy (it is just a scent you remember and instantly recognize, at least for me) , and I decided to try it again. Obviously, the scent is all the same as I remember it...Very citrus-smelling, a great daytime and Spring or Summer scent, or possibly even a casual Summer evening. A light-hearted, 'happy' scent. Great to lift a mood. Obviously not a scent I reach for when the mood will be 'more serious,' I like a deeper scent for those 'more serious' moments and days. This also is I think best for younger gals, which I suppose is why I wore it in my early to mid twenties before tiring of it at the time. Although I think this is just a light scent that could be nice for any age, just a 'happy' scent! :) Dry down for me is the same as when first applied and I get a good 12 or more hours of wear out of this. Definitely lasts all day. But due to the strong citrus scent and some of the notes, this may not be great for the workplace or tight or close quartered areas, as I think some of the notes may trigger allergic responses. But for a day of shopping, coffee with girlfriends, attending an outdoor wedding, or a festival, etc; I think this is great for those types of places. It really does make me 'happy' when I wear this! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

THIS, is the summer fragrance every woman should try at least once in their lifetime. It is such a beautiful, fresh scent. So delicate and happy. My mom used to purchase this for me a long time ago and I got so excited when I came across the bottle again at a store. It's sooo hard to put a finger on what it smells like! The fragrance is not a musk, nor floral or even powdery scent. It's very hard to describe it but it's so easy to love it. I think the Clinique page went a little cray cray listing the ingredients, which are (supposedly):
Top Notes - Ruby Red Grapefruit, Bergamot, West Indian Mandarin Tree Blossom, High Altitude Laurel.
Middle Notes - Boysenberry Bush Flower, Morning Dew Orchid, Melati Blossom. Base Notes -
Hawaiian Wedding Flower, White Crinium Lily, Chinese Golden Magnolia, Spring Mimosa Blossoms.

To be truthful I couldn't identify ANY of the notes listed above. I'm not good at describing perfumes but this is what it feels like: A weekend on a gorgeous beach where you have traces of sunblock on your skin and you just came out of a fresh shower where you used an angelic smelling soap and shampoo. Just so summery, fresh, and RELAXING.

I sound nuts but believe me, smell it and you'll know. Love, LOVE this perfume. Thumbs up!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok first off, I do not own ~ nor have I ever owned this scent. BUT a lady I work with wears this scent EVERYDAY. It is so lovely on her, and suits her up beat personality perfectly. I will not be working with anymore, and I am really considering making this my signature scent.
I am just not certain, my style/ personality is quite as well suited as her was. To me, Happy is perfect for the bubbliest of the beautiful ladies!!!
Uhmm yet I may have to try and fake it!

on 5/10/2013 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

When Happy first came out, I tried it of course and decided it wasn't for me -- it was too sharp & chemically -- too scratchy & screechy -- I passed on it.

Then one day at work, I stuck my head in the Mail Room and smelled the most wonderful, awesome, incredible scent -- I HAD to know what it was -- so I asked what smelled SO GOOD in there -- and the answer came back "Happy".

I was shocked & flabbergasted. Happy??? You've got to be kidding, I thought -- I never liked that stuff.

So the very *same day* -- on my lunch hour (I simply couldn't wait!) -- I drove to the mall and bought myself some Happy. Sprayed it on, and it smelled sharp & chemically to me -- scratchy -- it just wouldn't come together & smooth out. I didn't enjoy wearing it. I've re-tried on occasion, but have never really become a Happy girl. I keep the bottle though.

Later, my husband told me about the receptionist at his job -- he said she wore the same perfume each and every day -- and she always smelled "soooo good!", he raved. So he asked her what it was and reported it to me -- it was Happy. (groan)

Then last summer, he reported to me that he had held the door open for an office worker in his building, and she smelled "soooo good"! So he asked her what she was wearing, and she beamed with pleasure at his compliment and told him, "Happy". (groan)

Arghhhh! Why does it smell so good on everybody else, but when I wear it, it smells too sharp & scratchy to myself? Like orange sandpaper. But I might actually smell wonderful to others when I'm wearing it, I don't know.

Happy is the perfume my husband always notices and raves about on other women in public. That's his taste -- clean florals. I think he probably wished, after he told me about it, that I would just make Happy my signature perfume and look no further -- but of course that didn't happen.

I read in a magazine long ago that Happy was Carnie Wilson's signature -- she said she wore it every day, at the time. And I also read in a magazine long ago that Faith Hill wore Happy (but that was before she began fronting her own perfumes).

on 5/8/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Not a particularly stand-out scent, but it's my go-to because it's so consistent and reliable. I'm not a fragrance connoisseur, so I won't try to describe it in specifics, but I find it a bright but light scent, refreshing and springy, but can be used most of the year because it's pretty balanced. It's not necessarily a scent that stands out, but I personally tend to prefer less noticeable scents, so this works well for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this scent. It isn't a floral, but it isn't a musk. It smells really nice on the skin and it's my go to scent anytime.

Popular Fragrances