CLINIQUE Happy

2.7

on 5/9/2015 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am not a fragrance expert, so I will not have anything to write about base notes and such like. But in my own (non-specialist) way, I can be very critical about perfumes, EDTs, etc. I will have about 10 at most on my favourite list and, yes, Clinique Happy is on it!

I find it a very wearable day fragrance - fresh, uniquely and only slightly floral, and citrus-y all in one. HAPPY is really a very suitable name for this scent. I am just disappointed to find that some people are not of the same opinion. Most people like it on me, but there will be some (men especially) who will find it too 'sharp' (strangely enough). Am not sure if I simply sprayed too much on those occasions. But as a result, I tend to be very conservative when spraying this. So I guess this would be my advice to others too. Cause I think this is an excellent and unique day scent when sprayed in moderation, but can be offensive if overdone.

I don't care much for the HAPPY spin-offs, like Happy Heart for example, which tend to be very 'common' in my opinion. I see the business reason for it: Clinique wants to capture a wider market by extending to more conventional scents. The original HAPPY has always been the best for me. Please do not discontinue.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is just so artificial-smelling, like a citrus bathroom spray or a Sour Patch Kid. I have two dear friends, both of whom swear by this stuff and seem to bathe in it, and I have to keep my distance. I just detest "super-clean" fragrances like this, which sit so inorganically on top of the skin and seem to have the intention of aggressively deodorizing women instead of melding with their natural skin scents. That's not sexy to me. Clinique Happy is just a blast of incredibly tangy citrus that gives me a walloping headache.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE IT!!! Everytime I wear this I get compliments from both men & women. It's a nice scent for spring and summer because it is a fresh citrus fragrance.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I don't completely hate this scent but it's definitely not for me. I got the Happy Body Cream in a GWP and loved it. I swapped for a full-sized bottle of the EDT thinking I would love it just as much as the body cream. I was wrong. Whenever I wear this perfume I feel a little sick to my stomach -- it's just too sweet for me. I agree with the previous reviewer who said this fragrance would be best for teenagers. If you like sweet fruity scents you may want to check this one out. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend this fragrance to anyone except my teenaged nieces.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

yikes! a very orange and lemon smell..lol..not exactly my kind of perfume. I'm not into citrus-ey scents. but if you like that kind of thing...it might be great. I bought a full bottle (had a gift card). I probably used 1/4 of the bottle before I gave it away.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

From the first day I smelled this perfume, I was not a fan of "Happy." It smells like burnt oranges. I was in the cab with this older women and she was washed down in "Happy." I remember sitting in the back seat and becoming nauseated from the scent of burnt oranges. I'll pass on this one.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to say this used to be my favorite fragrance, or at least one of them. But it ended up becoming too ubiquitous...plus, this gal I work with wears it, and it only, and she's one of those people who can have the tendency to bug the hell out of me a lot of the time. Now I pretty much associate it with her. Would I buy this again? You do the math. =P~~~

on 1/26/2005 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought "Happy" for women in the 1.7 oz. parfum spray.
It is a fairly nice floral scent, but it proved to be heavier and more potent than I'd bargained for.The first time I wore it, my mother had an asthma attack. Next time I'll wear only a quick spritz.
Unless the second wearing is a better experience, I'll probably discard it. I almost certainly will not repurchase.
FINAL VERDICT: I wore this a second time, applying only a tiny amount, and I still don't like it. It didn't give my mother asthma this time, but it's still just too darned heavy. Maybe it's my personal body chemistry, but this scent is not at all light and fruity on me; it's heavy and perfume-y. Yuck. I'll try something else next time.

on 5/7/2004 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Smells awesome on everyone except me.. :-( just didn't go with my chemistry.

Popular Fragrances